Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Had a quick look on the Millwall forum as they’ve got a game today and almost every single one of them to a man, is moaning about playing with a back 5! It’s almost eerily similar.....

18 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Bit unfair on Sam Parkin.

Anyone got any good vids of Scotland in action for Saints? Here’s a few I found, including a couple of headed goals Radford 😉. The run from Stanic against Motherwell, absolutely class. Some great moments supporting Saints 

I crave so much to see something remotely exciting like any of that from this team. 

Getting in behind. Actually beating the first man with a cross, getting to the byline and putting dangerous balls into dangerous areas instead of just hopeful balls and aimless passing in front of teams. 

😭😭

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

I genuinely loved our squads from when Coyle came in to when we were promoted tbh, moreso than any squad we've had since.

I'd quite happily have a First Division select squad rated higher than a top flight one tbh, purely because of nostalgia.

Main, Irvine, James, Rutkiewicz, Stanic, Morais, Morris, Hardie, Sheerin, Peaso, Scotland

Harsh on Milne, Holmes, Deuchar, and of course peak Andy Jackson, but Scotland was quality and Peaso I personally loved as a striker. Midfield ignores Millar, Craig, Rocco Quinn, Darren Sheridan, who I also loved for different reasons.

Team listed is my dream Saints XI tbh, just something about them being so entertaining and me being a certain age at the same time, that's caused me to love them. 

4 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Cillian Sheridan surely ? 

I completely forgot he existed tbh.

Was there not something like he only scored one season when beside Deuchar or have I imagined that?

Edited by RandomGuy.

I am a relatively youthful Saints supporter and have only been going to games for about 12 years or so but Sandaza in the first half of that season under McInnes/Lomas was maybe the best player I have seen for Saints, he could do everything. Ran himself into the ground as well.

Edited by subtleapple

Would agree that Sandaza and Scotland (and Stephen Dobbie obv) were a class apart. Despite not possessing a similar level of natural footballing ability, May’s 2013/14 season was so memorable because he was like an untrained horse being unleashed on opposition defences and afforded freedom to act upon his raw instincts. This was what made his breakthrough season such a stand-out one in my memory.

Shout-out to Gregory Tade. I don’t feel nostalgic about his finishing abilities, but I miss his directness and unpredictability.

Best natural footballer I have ever seen for Saints (besides Sergei obviously) was O'Boyle. His close control with back to goal was amazing.

Was thinking who would suit this formation and Roddy with Alan Moore and Maskery on either side of him would have been perfect.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I genuinely loved our squads from when Coyle came in to when we were promoted tbh, moreso than any squad we've had since.

I'd quite happily have a First Division select squad rated higher than a top flight one tbh, purely because of nostalgia.

Main, Irvine, James, Rutkiewicz, Stanic, Morais, Morris, Hardie, Sheerin, Peaso, Scotland

Harsh on Milne, Holmes, Deuchar, and of course peak Andy Jackson, but Scotland was quality and Peaso I personally loved as a striker. Midfield ignores Millar, Craig, Rocco Quinn, Darren Sheridan, who I also loved for different reasons.

Team listed is my dream Saints XI tbh, just something about them being so entertaining and me being a certain age at the same time, that's caused me to love them. 

I remember being in the first division and thinking we could beat anyone.4A0C309C-6B26-4029-BF71-BB446AEBBF05.png.93bd6401839417f33d8430f372b40067.png

The game away to St Mirren (last game at Love Street I think) was a particular highlight. Rocco Quinn with a beauty.

After just watching a top of the table clash between Lincoln and Peterborough there,  I would like to revise my thoughts on any players from League 1. The standard is absolute garbage and Chris Kane could carve out a career down there. It's a NO from me.

Sam Parkin is a studio pundit as well.

4 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

I remember being in the first division and thinking we could beat anyone.4A0C309C-6B26-4029-BF71-BB446AEBBF05.png.93bd6401839417f33d8430f372b40067.png

The game away to St Mirren (last game at Love Street I think) was a particular highlight. Rocco Quinn with a beauty.

A glorious day, fucking hammered them, and I've no doubt that our squad that season would've strolled into the top half of the top flight.

Absolutely robbed by Rangers in the Semi aswell.

gks.thumb.jpg.8a99ea3d05a3b53ce7a4a3f80f2d0e6c.jpg

Was Mannus that bad in 2015/16? Can't remember him being that poor tbh. Clark peaking in 18/19 feels right, as does him being a below average keeper since.

43 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

gks.thumb.jpg.8a99ea3d05a3b53ce7a4a3f80f2d0e6c.jpg

Was Mannus that bad in 2015/16? Can't remember him being that poor tbh. Clark peaking in 18/19 feels right, as does him being a below average keeper since.

Not sure what stats were using to compare or even what year it was but he did have a period where we lost some softish goals. Similar to Zander actually, struggled to get down low. 

21 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Not sure what stats were using to compare or even what year it was but he did have a period where we lost some softish goals. Similar to Zander actually, struggled to get down low. 

Thatll be it!

xG per shot conceded higher than most other keepers, dragged an average season otherwise right down.

Cheers.

Edited by RandomGuy.