Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Never see  him play, but I'm always a bit wary when someone's' wiki page has his position as 'utility player'.

He can play as an out and out striker, as a winger, in midfield, and in defense as a left back or centre back. His main attributes are his ball control and versatility.

In amongst mostly average goalscoring seasons he's had a couple of decent ones in league two: 10 in 38 for Accrington in 2013-14, and 13 in 37 for Portsmouth in 2016-17.

On paper would be a good signing. Being playing regularly in the championship over the couple of seasons and you'd assume his flexibility would help Davidson given how stuck on to this way of playing he is.

To be honest, I'd expect other English League One or maybe Championship sides to be interested. Might be a bit of a barometer of how the wage cap is taking effect if he ends up here.

19 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I haven't seen such an impressive YouTube highlights roll since Guy Melamed's.

Tbf, at least Davidson can get eye witness accounts of Naismith playing easily, instead of plucking Melameds name out a hat handed to him by an agency.

3 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Yes I was just kidding about the highlights reel.

A capable player who has played regularly in the English lower leagues is a good profile for us to go for. James Dunne worked out well.

We need new faces, I'm all for it.

Aye.

Suspect the fact it's leaked to Alan Nixon means his agent is hawking him around English sides though.

Saints can sell - or certainly could under TW - a move to these guys when you look at the moves Kennedy, Wright, Swanson and O'Halloran got.

Can't but feel though if it's not tied up in a couple of days, he won't be coming to Perth.

Not that I've ever seen the guy play.

3 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Wait 31 years to draw Dundee in the cup, and it happens during a pandemic.

f**k.

Shite eh.

Missing some cracking away days, a cup semi, and probably the only time Scotland will play in a major tournament at Hampden.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Shite eh.

Missing some cracking away days, a cup semi, and probably the only time Scotland will play in a major tournament at Hampden.

Kelty, Dunfermline and Dundee away, and (at the very least) a cup semi final all in the space of about four months and all behind closed doors. This could have been a tremendous year for away days.