Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

7 minutes ago, Sh*teAndMuck said:

No new signing then? Wish it hadn’t been mentioned as I was getting excited. Should know better by now...

On 21/01/2021 at 07:24, RandomGuy. said:

Living up to my Randoom moniker by reckoning its just to build hype/excitement before the Semi Final.

Eve of a semi-final and a week of reminiscing has built up excitement levels. Talk of one, maybe even two, players joining in the next few days. A win last week and a belief that a few more might see us look more upwards than down.

Then, like clockwork, big Steve emerges with talk of "decimation of income" and of worse to come. Some boy.

2 hours ago, nelsjfc said:

Eve of a semi-final and a week of reminiscing has built up excitement levels. Talk of one, maybe even two, players joining in the next few days. A win last week and a belief that a few more might see us look more upwards than down.

Then, like clockwork, big Steve emerges with talk of "decimation of income" and of worse to come. Some boy.

Mind his interview before the Rangers game in February? Huge losses he said. That'll be £20k, despite having no matchday income for 2 months then. And cash reserves increased to just under £3 million. 

If we reach the final, his first thought will probably be that at least we'll save money on the open-top bus since we are in lockdown. 

In the chairman's one defence, the quotes are lifted from his report to shareholders and it's Gordon Bannerman that's decided to run the story on semi-final day. 

It's likely been done to troll Jim Spence, since it looks like it was released onto the Courier website at exactly the same time as a story of United asking their fans to raise £100k for the second time this season to help them survive.

6 hours ago, Radford said:

Mind his interview before the Rangers game in February? Huge losses he said. That'll be £20k, despite having no matchday income for 2 months then. And cash reserves increased to just under £3 million. 

If we reach the final, his first thought will probably be that at least we'll save money on the open-top bus since we are in lockdown. 

In the chairman's one defence, the quotes are lifted from his report to shareholders and it's Gordon Bannerman that's decided to run the story on semi-final day. 

TBF the decision to rip off more OF fans must have made us a decent amount for those 3 games before lockdown.

I'm sure there will be the same moans re the Old Firm 3 stands when football fans returns as well. Even though we'll need every penny by then. Especially if football kicks off behind closed doors next season again.

Wonder if Motherwell and United will keep their free game for every game behind closed doors offer for season ticket holders.

4 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Wonder if Motherwell and United will keep their free game for every game behind closed doors offer for season ticket holders.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/1912150/dundee-united-investment-dusf-ballot-mark-ogren/

Doubt it. Begging bowl out. 

In the same week they allegedly showed interested in signing further players too 🤦‍♂️ 

56 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I'd imagine we will if people want to take it up but will pivot to an alternative position where if people want to write off the offer and renew at full price we won't stand in their way or there may be something along the lines of ST holders can claim vouchers to the value of their 20/21 season ST to spend on hospitality or the club shop or whatever.

Like Saints we've just posted our accounts and they're healthy. 6 figure profit (despite the curtailed season and missing out on Cat A games), our cash at hand had also increased to 7 figures (as at May 31st) and that's before we sold Turnbull in August.

Based on the accounts it looks like the club have managed things as well as can be expected and I'd imagine the promise re: free games has been considered when preparing the business review of the accounts.

Edited by capt_oats

9 hours ago, Radford said:

Just out of curiosity how's Gordon Bannerman as a reporter on Saints? I never really read much of his stuff in the PA when I lived in Perth but am mates with a nephew of his. Big Rangers guy is all I remember from talking football with him

37 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Just out of curiosity how's Gordon Bannerman as a reporter on Saints?

Yeah, don't think it was a big secret he was a Rangers man. I don't remember his early days at the PA but latterly I enjoyed his match reports and thought he was fair and positive in his coverage.