Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Tbf to May, he just seems genuinely happy these days.

If his wage has dropped he fully deserves a new deal, and if he can recover some form of goalscoring ability, he'll be a hell of an asset.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If his wage has dropped he fully deserves a new deal, and if he can recover some form of goalscoring ability, he'll be a hell of an asset.

Hard to disagree. Much of the indifference/antipathy to keeping him is based upon his reported mega salary, by our standards. 

If the new deal reflects that he's a useful squad player (although in reality it'll surely be a little higher than that) I'm all for it - as long as he never repeats that Clyde performance again. 

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

One of the factors why he was keen to come back was APPARENTLY for the work life balance. To be able to move back closer to family & friends. He's recently welcomed a new addition to the family as well which is of course positive news for him. 

Also like any work place if you feel comfortable it certainly helps. Stability etc.

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

4 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Hard to disagree. Much of the indifference/antipathy to keeping him is based upon his reported mega salary, by our standards. 

If the new deal reflects that he's a useful squad player (although in reality it'll surely be a little higher than that) I'm all for it - as long as he never repeats that Clyde performance again. 

Yeah the issue was always "value for money" rather than "quality" for me I think. When we aren't scoring and he's the highest earning striker we needed more, he's maybe lucky Melamed took up the slack in a way.

4 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

One of the factors why he was keen to come back was APPARENTLY for the work life balance. To be able to move back closer to family & friends. He's recently welcomed a new addition to the family as well which is of course positive news for him. 

Also like any work place if you feel comfortable it certainly helps. Stability etc.

Can imagine the years in England weren't enjoyable at all for him, tbh, but aye, hefty rumours when he signed that he had no interest in going anywhere else, and forced through his release from Aberdeen as he didn't want loaned out.

37 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Some QoS fans think we're after Ayo Obileye. 

Big Central defender. No idea if true or not.

Thought he was already headed to Livingston, tbh.

Would guess he'd be back up to Gordon if true, from the small amount I've seen more a big lump than ball player.

Obileye has been playing holding mid for a while and has excelled in that position. Young and versatile and will get better from a decent starting point. Much rather sign him than the likes of Peter fucking Pawlett. 

8 hours ago, Kyle said:

He’s young compared to me, Liam Craig and a baby compared the Treehoused one. 

Aye I was just playing, tbh.

I've absolutely no idea about him really, so have no opinion either way. If he can cover CB and say Craig's sort of role, then its a positive attempt at bulking up the squad.

Have to say it's easy to trust the manager in terms of signings though. Brown potentially the only dodgy one, and even then it strikes you as one where he just needed a RB in quickly after McNamara left and his apparent offer for Patterson fell through.

30 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Winning the cup guarantees £3 million from Europe, fantastic money for who ever wins it 🤞

Would certainly help extend some contracts you'd imagine.

13 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Wow. That would pay for some sweet,sweet infrastructure.

In all seriousness, my main reason for hoping we win the Scottish Cup, sealing a double and guaranteeing £3m, is to see how Steve Brown can moan about it.

Something about win bonuses I reckon.

If we were fortunate enough to reach a European group stage, infrastructure is exactly what money should be spent on, not a bumper deal for a footballer who will likely leave in a couple of years. 

The car park, a seating/standing area for artificial pitch/training pitch, increase the size of the Muirton Suite, so many things they could do with a long-term benefit.

Although everyone packed into the Muirton Suite like sardines seems a long, long way off!