Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

That’s a huge jump in season ticket numbers btw. Some effort from everyone both today and over the summer, I hope Saints can capitalise on what seems to be a huge enthusiasm for the club in and around Perth as that could be as game changing for us as a European run until Christmas. 

3 minutes ago, Kyle said:

That’s a huge jump in season ticket numbers btw. 

Was just about to say the same thing. The last season before lockdown began we had just over 1600.  Is that a 69% increase?!

We could yet sell a few more if Thursday goes well for us.

I think there might be some pretty big crowds at McDiarmid this year.  If we can keep our squad together and get straight back into the form from the end of last season, we could be looking at potentially Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and United matches being all ticket, as well as obviously OF and European ties, especially if some of those clubs continue their early season form and get a bit of optimism going.

I know I’m just surprised. We’re normally hush hush.
Makes sense to shout about it this time. I think the media output this summer has been really good; complete opposite to 2014.

To underline how odd it's all been the last 18 months, tweets about our colts team losing to East Fife in the SPFL Trust Trophy are attracting venom from dozens of Galatasaray fans.

Could be being stupid here, apologies if I am. By 6000 ticket requests, does it mean 6000 tickets sold or is that the number of people who’ve bought tickets - either individual tickets or groups of twos, threes, fours etc. 

If that makes any sense.. 

2 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Could be being stupid here, apologies if I am. By 6000 ticket requests, does it mean 6000 tickets sold or is that the number of people who’ve bought tickets - either individual tickets or groups of twos, threes, fours etc. 

If that makes any sense.. 

The way I understood it was that's the additional tickets individually sold on top of the 2,700 season ticket holders we have. 

So if we sold not a single other ticket & all season ticket holders turn up it would then be 8,700 at the game. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

Would it be possible for the club to hand out vouchers which grant a discounted entry to a match of the persons choice during the season?

Just thinking of ways to capitalise on these numbers.

18 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

The way I understood it was that's the additional tickets individually sold on top of the 2,700 season ticket holders we have. 

So if we sold not a single other ticket & all season ticket holders turn up it would then be 8,700 at the game. 

Magic. Not sure how that didn’t even cross my mind!

Makes sense to shout about it this time. I think the media output this summer has been really good; complete opposite to 2014.

It really has been and the season ticket sales are testament to that. Just goes to show how important fan engagement and social media are in this day and age, something the old duffers didn’t really understand when I complained about the lack of it in 2014. Saints have utilised the likes of Twitter and Facebook to their advantage. The only piece of the puzzle that’s missing is of course the permanent mega-fanzone and bar across the road.

50 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Was just about to say the same thing. The last season before lockdown began we had just over 1600.  Is that a 69% increase?!

We could yet sell a few more if Thursday goes well for us.

Yeah you'd think a lot of folk would go for a season ticket to avoid further struggles getting tickets, if we can make a group stage with an enticing draw.

13 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

It really has been and the season ticket sales are testament to that. Just goes to show how important fan engagement and social media are in this day and age, something the old duffers didn’t really understand when I complained about the lack of it in 2014. Saints have utilised the likes of Twitter and Facebook to their advantage. The only piece of the puzzle that’s missing is of course the permanent mega-fanzone and bar across the road.

f**k across the road when we already have the land available. 

Plus that's fucking Letham, keep Saints in Tulloch.

9 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Just goes to show how important fan engagement and social media are in this day and age, something the old duffers didn’t really understand when I complained about the lack of it in 2014.

I'm sure the social media stuff is good, but IMO more to do with early availability of season tickets after the final, pent-up demand for live football (I think most clubs have seen big shifts in STs), plus price freeze.

If there’s anything I can fault the club on, it’s the lack of advertising in the city centre.

Renting a unit for a shop is a mental price, but get posters up, billboards up and pop up stalls in as often as they can.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

So guess that, sort of, confirms we won't be able to get over 10k due to the sections needing closed off?

Getting over 9000 would be outstanding.

Pretty much, but not exactly. If you add the 2,700 ST's and the c6k tickets sold, it's just under 2k seats left. (1,900). The padded seats and board seats etc is 500 and if 800 left, that leaves c600ish not accounted for. My guess is that will be the blocks behind and either side of the dugouts, which will be around 500-600 seats. Nor accounting for round ups and downs.

Long story short, including the padded seats which youd assume would be sold out too that would take it to around 10k, possibly just over it. 

Whatever the number, can be pretty assured now all available seats will be sold out probably by close of play tomorrow.

Away from tickets, does anyone know if the tulloch is going the fan zone again?

Assuming there will be fan displays, but any word on other stuff in and around perth? Hope some folk are planning a noisy night outside the Galatasary team hotel. 

4 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Pretty much, but not exactly. If you add the 2,700 ST's and the c6k tickets sold, it's just under 2k seats left. (1,900). The padded seats and board seats etc is 500 and if 800 left, that leaves c600ish not accounted for. My guess is that will be the blocks behind and either side of the dugouts, which will be around 500-600 seats. Nor accounting for round ups and downs.

Long story short, including the padded seats which youd assume would be sold out too that would take it to around 10k, possibly just over it. 

Whatever the number, can be pretty assured now all available seats will be sold out probably by close of play tomorrow.

Away from tickets, does anyone know if the tulloch is going the fan zone again?

Assuming there will be fan displays, but any word on other stuff in and around perth? Hope some folk are planning a noisy night outside the Galatasary team hotel. 

Yup. It is indeed. 

15 minutes ago, Sh*teAndMuck said:

I didn’t go to the fanzone in previous euro games. Is it kid friendly? Would be nice to soak up the atmosphere before going to the ground.

Had seen the guy on Facebook the other day saying kids are allowed 

If there’s anything I can fault the club on, it’s the lack of advertising in the city centre.

Renting a unit for a shop is a mental price, but get posters up, billboards up and pop up stalls in as often as they can.

I agree with this. The stronger the SJFC presence in Perth city centre the better. FTOF