Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Radford said:

Are the club really only selling to those "on the database" over the phone or is that a line fed to those they are sceptical about? 

If there ends up being quite a few Galatasaray fans in the ground that'll give you a fairly good indication on the answer

I'd expect to see a few complaining about being knocked back for not being on the database if that was indeed actually happening.

😂

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

22 minutes ago, Radford said:

Are the club really only selling to those "on the database" over the phone or is that a line fed to those they are sceptical about? 

This confused me too. Surely everyone has to purchase a ticket for the first time at some point to then be registered on the database? Unless Deniz gives an Istanbul address when phoning up, I don't see the issue.

Edited by perthsaints99

Just another little stat, Galatasaray's reserve goalie Berk Balaban has only played 10 professional games in his career (last 18 months) including his sub appearance against us. He's only ever been on the winning side once, so his win percentage is 10%.

3 minutes ago, Widge said:

Just another little stat, Galatasaray's reserve goalie Berk Balaban has only played 10 professional games in his career (last 18 months) including his sub appearance against us. He's only ever been on the winning side once, so his win percentage is 10%.

Saw their fans saying online that itll be the other sub goalie playing - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/İsmail_Çipe 

3 minutes ago, Widge said:

Been confirmed that another goalie on their books who was on loan at another TSL club last season is starting tomorrow.

1 hour ago, St. Donza said:

Thanks Bonksy😉 Genuine Saint looking/praying for a ticket to see my team on what promises to be a night that we will tell the grandkids about.  I'll keep on dialing and keep the fingers crossed that a ticket might just come my way. Wish me luck!

Good luck mate, I’m sure you’ll get a ticket. I had to get the begging bowl out myself to a season ticket holder so I can’t help you unfortunately.

Hard to quantify the importance of games sometimes especially in isolation.  Our first Scottish cup was at the time the best because it was the first ever. Last year what made it so special was that it gave us the double.  
Tomorrow night could be could be construed as just another big European game however the permutations of winning are huge. 
Not only the kudos of beating a great club like Galatasary  but European nights until Christmas gives us funds and exposure that can keep our side together and in turn lift our profile for future sales and incoming players.

Tomorrow is massive!

3 hours ago, Widge said:

I get that not everyone is able to buy a season ticket, but to proclaim that since you didn’t get a ticket to the single most sought after game in saints history you’re not going to support saints any more! That’s not a fan, that’s someone looking for an Instagram or Facebook post to show that they go to games. Give me the 3000 core fans every day of the week, the ones who sit in the pouring rain and snow in December and encourage the team every step of the way. You’ve just got to look at the atmosphere in the Scottish Cup Semi on 2014 when all the day trippers didn’t bother and you had your core fans, what a day that was and what a noise produced for the entirety of the game, even after we went 1-0 down early on. 

3000 week in week out?

Need to get that double vision sorted bud. 

2 minutes ago, big al said:

3000 week in week out?

Need to get that double vision sorted bud. 

Yassss big al, well played!!

The last season of crowds, our average home attendance upto lockdown was 4091,  just so you have some accurate material to work with.

Home fans only tomorrow night, and the attendance will be near enough 20% of the population of Perth in number.  Step aside Falkirk, there's new crowd wankers in town!!

5 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Yassss big al, well played!!

The last season of crowds, our average home attendance upto lockdown was 4091,  just so you have some accurate material to work with.

Home fans only tomorrow night, and the attendance will be near enough 20% of the population of Perth in number.  Step aside Falkirk, there's new crowd wankers in town!!

🤣🤣

good luck, hope you do it. 

Edited by big al

Galatasaray training on the pitch tonight?
Todays weather will do the pitch wonders... 

I’d imagine they’ll be training on it. Seems to be a guarantee they get to test out the pitch as well.

Just wait until they see the dressing rooms.