Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

On a completely unrelated note, are Saints fans actually clapping in the 32nd minute or are they clapping from 32:00 onwards (the 33rd minute)? Swear it was the latter for the Motherwell match.

Concerning that people still believe that a goal time of 30:50 is the 32nd minute.  

1 hour ago, double deluxe said:

Concerning that people still believe that a goal time of 30:50 is the 32nd minute.  

I comprehensively debunked this fallacy via the medium of screenshots (in combination with another poster) at the time.

Anyway, never mind that. Get fucking tore into them on Thursday please boiz.

I like the fan displays, but at the same time I'd rather clap the team out the tunnell than stand with a piece of card in my hand.

Would it be possible for the club to hand out vouchers which grant a discounted entry to a match of the persons choice during the season?

Just thinking of ways to capitalise on these numbers.
The club have just allowed season ticket holders in at no additional cost. The demand for remaining tickets is unprecedented. Why would they hand out more freebies?

48 minutes ago, The Marly said:
10 hours ago, mizfit said:
Would it be possible for the club to hand out vouchers which grant a discounted entry to a match of the persons choice during the season?

Just thinking of ways to capitalise on these numbers.

The club have just allowed season ticket holders in at no additional cost. The demand for remaining tickets is unprecedented. Why would they hand out more freebies?

Would make sense for a league game. Try and capitalise on the attendance at this game and encourage them back for a non European game. 

1 hour ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

It's flags this time. 

East Stand only as well.

Which is far better than under bits of blue card. This time we can make noise and be heard as well as it being a decent spectacle. They must have spent the rest of the money on fireworks for outside the Galatasaray team hotel, which I endorse. 

Did anyone get tickets in section A or B of Main Stand? Or have they held them back as a contingency in case they need to move Galatasaray fans into a safe area? 

Is it only the two blocks either side of the dug out that are classified as this red zone? 

Basically, can we get over 10,000?

Yeah I was just meaning for going forward. Voucher offering half price entry to a match of their choice (exclude Old Firm).

We need to seen doing something to capitalise on it.

On the back of the point made a few pages back about getting right behind the team especially if a lot of day trippers are sitting on their hands...   

I don't think it's going to happen, I think we genuinely have a good chance of going through here, but let's be honest there is a chance Galatasary hit top gear, get an early break and pump us; they're still a quality side.  Even if this is the case, it should just turn into a party and celebration of last season's achievements.  Someone should be sent upstairs for the cups, sing a long tunes blaring out for the second half, a sub warming up with the Scottish cup lid for a hat, Zander keeping the league cup in the back of his net as a drinking bottle.  

A full house tribute and show of appreciation for what this squad achieved is fully deserved.

I'd be tempted to get our players to come out the tunnel just before kick off carrying the two cups to wave to the crowd. The place would be in even more of a frenzy, and the Galatasary players would be wondering what the f**k was going on.

5 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

On the back of the point made a few pages back about getting right behind the team especially if a lot of day trippers are sitting on their hands...   

I don't think it's going to happen, I think we genuinely have a good chance of going through here, but let's be honest there is a chance Galatasary hit top gear, get an early break and pump us; they're still a quality side.  Even if this is the case, it should just turn into a party and celebration of last season's achievements.  Someone should be sent upstairs for the cups, sing a long tunes blaring out for the second half, a sub warming up with the Scottish cup lid for a hat, Zander keeping the league cup in the back of his net as a drinking bottle.  

A full house tribute and show of appreciation for what this squad achieved is fully deserved.

I'd be tempted to get our players to come out the tunnel just before kick off carrying the two cups to wave to the crowd. The place would be in even more of a frenzy, and the Galatasary players would be wondering what the f**k was going on.

This bit in bold is quite interesting, I mean there's the potential that this happens and so be it, they're a better side with much better players. However, they're last game was us a week ago, their season still hasn't started and they've not won this season and only 1 in 20+ away games in Europe. If saints were ever going to have a chance against a European heavyweight (maybe not right now, but historically) it's tomorrow night. There is always going to be periods of the game where they're on top and dominating, it's up to the fans to get behind the players and give them that extra half yard or put in an extra lung bursting run in the 90th minute. Even if we're 3-0 down at half time, the players deserve nothing but applause and encouragement from the fans, not even for this game but for the previous 12 months.

Yeah - the great thing about this game is that it's a free hit. We're not expected to win (though what if we do?) - and even if we lose, we'll still have European football at McDiarmid in a fortnight. And either way this sell-out crowd is also there to recognise the team and its success last season. They deserve that, and more.

Just thinking today that my grandad supported Saints for 80 years. He used to cycle into Perth to watch Saints at the Recreation Grounds. He helped build Muirton Park's stand as a young joiner. Yet he never saw us lift a cup and  watched us play one season in Europe. So what a time it is now to support St Johnstone. It will never get to the stage where European nights at McDiarmid aren't a privilege to attend, whatever the result, because I'll always wonder what my grandad would have thought of this.

Edited by Mr Heliums

6 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I agree with this. 

As cool as it was to parade the trophy after the Fleetwood game for season ticket holders, this is the first game back with everybody getting to go to the game. So regardless of sell-out or not I think parading the cups should happen. 

I suspect Callum won’t want to do it before the game though as he’ll want them focused on the game alone but I agree it would be amazing for the atmosphere in the place.

Plus it would be a pre-emptive reminder for any greeting faced part-timers who will be intent on voicing how we’re ‘still shite’ and how they’ll not be back, to remember what this team have just achieved. 

Geez, just looking at Facebook feed. Some of the stuff being said and dummies being spat out in the last 24 hours is wild. 

Ok it’s easy for me to sit here with my ticket and judge, but if I knew there were still 800 tickets available I’d be on that phone all day or making contact with anyone who could potentially know someone who could maybe know someone else who could maybe get me a ticket.

For some folk to go in the huff and say they’ll just watch it on the telly or it’s the last time they support Saints or they feel let down by the club etc just doesn’t make any sense to me.

They’re probably the same folk who would boo the team off at half time if we’re getting beat on Thursday so maybe just as well they’re giving up. 

Edited by Sh*teAndMuck

Just now, Sh*teAndMuck said:

Geez, just looking at Facebook feed. Some of the stuff being said and dummies being spat out in the last 24 hours is wild. 

Ok it’s easy for me to sit here with my ticket and judge, but if I knew there were still 800 tickets available I’d be on that phone all day or making contact with anyone who could potentially know someone who could maybe know someone else who could maybe get me a ticket.

For some folk to go in the huff and say they’ll just watch it on the telly or it’s the last time they support Saints or they feel let down by the club etc just doesn’t make any sense to me.

They’re probably the same folk who would boo the team off at half time if we’re getting beat on Thursday so maybe just as well they’re giving up. 

A lot of them are people who have maybe been to the 2014 Cup Final and maybe one or two of the last lot of European games where there was obviously far less hassle getting tickets.

In an ideal world we'd have had an extra week to get this sorted, could maybe have done a ST holder pre sale with people allowed to buy four or five per ST and the rest in a well controlled general sale over the course of a week. That couldn't happen for obvious reasons, but despite that we've managed to sell the place out in little over 24 hours.