Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

He's just trying to help utd by ramping up the price any club/player demands from us in Jan. I can't see it being a good window.

Or he’s genuinely an idiot who believes anything people say. Which is more believable.

Right, anyone have an idea on any players they would like us to sign, or anyone they think we should be keen on?

I’d say we need:

2 midfielders
1 striker
1 CB

Also, if Zander isn’t committing, we need to start figuring out the GK position.

Going out, I’d happily say goodbye to:

McCart
Crawford
McPherson
Muller

My favourite shout has to be someone on that banter page seriously suggesting Jesse Fucking Lingard on loan. [emoji23].

4 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Right, anyone have an idea on any players they would like us to sign, or anyone they think we should be keen on?

I’d say we need:

2 midfielders
1 striker
1 CB

Also, if Zander isn’t committing, we need to start figuring out the GK position.

Going out, I’d happily say goodbye to:

McCart
Crawford
McPherson
Muller

My favourite shout has to be someone on that banter page seriously suggesting Jesse Fucking Lingard on loan. emoji23.png.

Clark can wait to the Summer, tbf. Since the manager flat out refuses to change shape, its not really worth pretending we'll be doing anything different. 

Clark

Cleary - Gordon - McCart

Rooney - CM - CM - LWB

FW - FW - FW

That would be my starting point for this window.

Keep one from Ambrose, Dendoncker or Muller as back up to the back up, dump the others. Devine would be aswell leaving, Booth as back up, a LWB who can actually create something instead. 

MacPherson, Crawford punted. Craig reduced to being the last option. Two starting CMs out and Gilmour returns to the squad.

Let Viv leave. Sign 3 new attackers.

Squad would be, with the knowledge some can play multiple positions...

GK: Clark, Parish, Sinclair

CB: Cleary, Gordon, McCart, Brown, Ambrose

WB: Rooney, NEW LWB, Booth

CM: NEW CM, NEW CM, Davidson, Butterfield, Gilmour, Craig

ATT: NEW ATT, NEW ATT, NEW ATT, Kane, May, Vertainen, MOH

CMs would have to be energetic/physical/good on the ball. Attackers would need to have some form of combination of physicality, speed, technical ability.

It fees like total delusion though. We'll end up signing MacPherson and Crawford, miss out on Jamie Walker and end up with Drey Wright, and then get some no mark winger on loan from Millwall.

Clark can wait to the Summer, tbf. Since the manager flat out refuses to change shape, its not really worth pretending we'll be doing anything different. 

Clark

Cleary - Gordon - McCart

Rooney - CM - CM - LWB

FW - FW - FW

That would be my starting point for this window.
Keep one from Ambrose, Dendoncker or Muller as back up to the back up, dump the others. Devine would be aswell leaving, Booth as back up, a LWB who can actually create something instead. 
MacPherson, Crawford punted. Craig reduced to being the last option. Two starting CMs out and Gilmour returns to the squad.
Let Viv leave. Sign 3 new attackers.
Squad would be, with the knowledge some can play multiple positions...
GK: Clark, Parish, Sinclair
CB: Cleary, Gordon, McCart, Brown, Ambrose
WB: Rooney, NEW LWB, Booth
CM: NEW CM, NEW CM, Davidson, Butterfield, Gilmour, Craig
ATT: NEW ATT, NEW ATT, NEW ATT, Kane, May, Vertainen, MOH
CMs would have to be energetic/physical/good on the ball. Attackers would need to have some form of combination of physicality, speed, technical ability.
It fees like total delusion though. We'll end up signing MacPherson and Crawford, miss out on Jamie Walker and end up with Drey Wright, and then get some no mark winger on loan from Millwall.
Aw man, I was nodding my head with everything then read your last paragraph. I was feeling a glimmer of positivity there for a sec [emoji23]

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If we do sign Crawford in January that will say all we need to know about Davidson as a manager.

As shite and cowardly Crawford is I think I'm most disappointed with McCart. He really should have been stepping up following on from last season and instead it looks like he couldn't care less now.
He looks like his head has been turned and aside from playing shite he isn't committing to tackles for fear of injury scuppering a move!

As shite and cowardly Crawford is I think I'm most disappointed with McCart. He really should have been stepping up following on from last season and instead it looks like he couldn't care less now.

His head has been down since August. He’s genuinely struggled to look interested. Can see him being shipped out in January to Hibs early.

22 minutes ago, mizfit said:

His head has been down since August. He’s genuinely struggled to look interested. Can see him being shipped out in January to Hibs early.

25 minutes ago, Saint Stevo said:
26 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

He looks like his head has been turned and aside from playing shite he isn't committing to tackles for fear of injury scuppering a move!

I know this kind of stuff happens but it's genuinely baffling. Surely it doesn't send a good message to his potential new employer?

I get this a weird thing to judge CD on, but a big part of me is looking at what happens with Ali Crawford to see just how much he's willing to back up his words with actions when it comes to players "having to take a look at themselves" etc.

In a way I can understand that he sees him as a player he likes because he'll carry out instructions and do what he's asked in a tactical sense, but he's been given every chance to prove himself in recent weeks but it's generous to suggest he's even made a minimal impact.

If that supposed loan extension/permanent deal disappears then it shows CD is willing to change his mind, make decisions that will benefit the team and stop rewarding bad performances with contracts that hurt us going forward.

If he is signed then it shows the entire squad that performance level doesn't matter, if you're a favourite with the manager then you'll play and it's not a good sign.

McCart desperately needs either taken out of the team for a bit, or shipped off to wherever it is he's going. He still does some decent stuff defensively but his distribution has fallen off a cliff lately and it looks like he's basically falling asleep when we've got the ball and constantly making errors and gifting possession to the opposition. He is a player we need a replacement/competition for in this window IMO - either he needs to pick his ideas up, or he needs replaced in the team. As simple as that. If he's leaving then we've seen what happens with the departures of Kerr and McCann if your succession planning is no good.

I'd happily ship out Ambrose, Muller, Crawford, McPherson, Solomon-Otabar (nice assist today aside). If E2 isn't going to be worth keeping around then send him back to Finland.

We must - MUST - bring in a left sided centre back, at least two central midfield players who aren't absolute shitebags and are of an age profile that means their best days are ahead of them. It goes without saying that one, possibly two, forward players are essential. One has to be a quality central striker. Look at what the likes of Motherwell get out of Watt and Van Veen, for example. Are they able to blow us out of the water salary wise? Or is there someone out there in our price bracket who we can get in and score, say eight to ten goals over the rest of the season. Of course, that is by far the biggest ask.

We need to be lining up for the January games with Rooney back in at RWB, Cleary in at RCB, and probably three or four different players in the midfield/attacking positions if this is going to turn around.

On a separate note, I hope Saints are getting a refund from Tayside Police and the stewarding firm they employed today. Masses of stewards there - and according to one I spoke to, they were on £18 an hour for a Boxing Day shift - and three police vans in attendance, and they still managed to allow that squad of Celtic fans to stroll into the car park and basically do what they wanted. I can understand why they don't wade in to crowds of 4-5,000 OF fans, but you're not seriously telling me that mob couldn't have been stopped at the gate?

They wouldn't let anyone else in the car park at all without displaying proof they had a ticket. The guy behind me in the queue had got to the top of the car park and was refused entry because he didn't have a copy of the ballot email because his wife had it on her phone, and she was already in the queue to pick up the tickets at the bottom of the hill. What's the point in having them there? They weren't providing any type of security or doing anything to prevent people who didn't have tickets getting into the ground - just coining in a nice little earner for standing around touching themselves in their yellow jackets all afternoon.