Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

This all seems a very Dundee move. Like when we sent Scott Allan - from Dundee to Hibs - so Celtic could sign Scott Bain, from Dundee. 

Two half decent players not being at Dundee. 

Wighton wouldn't light up your goals chart but he's a very decent link man with good work rate and he knows how to work the angles - he doesn't just stupidly chase down lost causes like Danny Mullen etc. 

18 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

This all seems a very Dundee move. Like when we sent Scott Allan - from Dundee to Hibs - so Celtic could sign Scott Bain, from Dundee. 

Two half decent players not being at Dundee. 

Wighton wouldn't light up your goals chart but he's a very decent link man with good work rate and he knows how to work the angles - he doesn't just stupidly chase down lost causes like Danny Mullen etc. 

“ good work rate” that’s all Callum Davidson needs to know 

Manager roundly booed during every home game for the last month.

Players regularly booed off the park.

Manager publicly ripping apart players and fans publicly turning on the manager, and each other, due to it.

Club on the cusp of making signings which will cause fans to ask for the managers head during the winter break.

Eric Nicholson:

2067456789_tenor(6).gif.81873132d87e316d48b972edb29070f5.gif

9 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

As long as he's British and doesn't try any fancy flicks he'll get regular game time. He'll be replacing Vertainen as these fancy foreign players with their low socks and weird names simply won't do.

37 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Manager roundly booed during every home game for the last month.

Players regularly booed off the park.

Manager publicly ripping apart players and fans publicly turning on the manager, and each other, due to it.

Club on the cusp of making signings which will cause fans to ask for the managers head during the winter break.

Eric Nicholson:

2067456789_tenor(6).gif.81873132d87e316d48b972edb29070f5.gif

Call him out on it and see if he responds. 

Likely won't though because he needs good relations with McD.

Although it was clear to anyone with eyes, I thought the extent of Gordon's effusiveness in the Courier about Kane's second half impact was a little much.

Like we all know Stevie May is an intelligent footballer in the broken body of a mentally scarred petrified pensioner but no need to actually say it in the press. Maybe I'm just blinded by May-love though, even if that doesn't necessarily extend to seeing him starting as sole striker.

Like many others have said, for as long as we remain within touching distance at the bottom then Davidson has the fans' perception of him almost entirely in his own hands, and it largely rests in his treatment of Crawford('s contract situation). People keep saying that he offers nothing, which I think is also a little harsh as he's probably the most technically gifted player at the club along with Spoony and has a really tidy touch and pass. However, that's not use to us at the bottom of the table and when he offers absolutely zero effort are fight. Keeping him beyond Jan would be bad management. Signing him would be pretty much unforgiveable. 

I also want to see more Vertainen, and will waive any right to complain to the manager if the ball gets given away a lot. That said, we give it away all the time already, without having Vertainen's forward drive. It's clear though views on him aren't as unified as they are on Crawford.

3 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Call him out on it and see if he responds. 

Likely won't though because he needs good relations with McD.

Bleh. He's just doing his job I guess.

Just now, Mr. Alli said:

You'll be best looking elsewhere then. 

I'm just being a dick tbf, May tries more daft wee possession losing flicks than anyone but never gets publicly called out for it so Wighton would get away with it fine. 

1 minute ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Signing Crawford would be pretty much unforgiveable. 

I also want to see more Vertainen.

Oh boy, you better get bracing yourself for some hefty disappointment.

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

As long as he's British and doesn't try any fancy flicks he'll get regular game time. He'll be replacing Vertainen as these fancy foreign players with their low socks and weird names simply won't do.

Didn't Davidson sign Melamed? I thought the rumour this week was that E2 wasn't getting played (and Crawford is) because of some internal dispute about who brings in players?

Anyway, after Ali stinking the place out and getting hooked at half time at the weekend, I'm more confident of us not signing MacPherson. If it's true that a Crawford deal has been done for weeks I'm not surprised it's not being announced as the board must surely know then sentiment of the fans, and that Courier piece seems odd to me in terms of timing and subject. My stupidly hopeful conspiracy theory is that we have some box-office marquee signings lined up to announce in early January and a Crawford deal will be snuck in as a P.S. on the press release to hopefully be lost in the noise in the hope we don't notice, or don't care. 

A forward that's not a striker that is struggling to get game time or goals at a crisis club propping up the Championship, who's already struggled at Premiership level, would be a very disappointing signing unless it's replacing Crawford as a bench filler. 

1 minute ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Didn't Davidson sign Melamed? I thought the rumour this week was that E2 wasn't getting played (and Crawford is) because of some internal dispute about who brings in players?

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm just being a dick tbf.

10 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Honestly, Georgie Kelly at Bohemian. We should be aiming for that.

21 goals last season. Surely it can’t be that hard to get him.

You don't think half the teams in the UK are after him?

Last name I saw was Portsmouth, who we wouldn't get near financially.

4 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Between here and WAP it's clear that @RandomGuy. is in a mood.

The inevitability of a clownshoe window and our relegation being confirmed by March is pissing me off. As is this constant defence of Callum Davidsons transfer business after three windows where he's not improved us long term.

2 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

I thought the rumour this week was that E2 wasn't getting played (and Crawford is) because of some internal dispute about who brings in players?

There is no dispute, Callum Davidson signs the players.