Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

45 minutes ago, DUFC_ said:

9 Forwards in that 21/22 squad of 29 players, StJ had 35 players making appearances last season. Premier League is max 25 squad places, does the cinch Premiership have a squad limit because I cant find any info.

Can you reframe the question please?

See our head of recruitment is talking about looking for a new job on twitter. Did I miss something, is it common knowledge he is away?

Obviously was speculation about which signings were made by the manager and which were by the HoR and the managers attitude towards them. Grieve has been punting his 'game models' and such like for a while so how long has he been gone?

If CD is now in full charge of recruitment as well it gives me the fear - although I suppose a head of recruitment not much use if the manager doesnt play any of his signings.

8 minutes ago, Reignman said:

See our head of recruitment is talking about looking for a new job on twitter. Did I miss something, is it common knowledge he is away?

3 hours ago, The Saintee said:

Can you reframe the question please?

They finished the season with 29, had a total of 35 make appearances. Seems like a lot to be complaining about a lack of options when most other leagues limit squad size to a lot less than 35 pro's.

1 hour ago, DUFC_ said:

They finished the season with 29, had a total of 35 make appearances. Seems like a lot to be complaining about a lack of options when most other leagues limit squad size to a lot less than 35 pro's.

That was the squad at the end of the season after our massive January/free transfer session.

At the start of the season we could've used a decent attacking option to have a real go in Europe. Especially at Lask.

6 hours ago, Reignman said:

Anything from the club on if he will be / has been replaced or if we're binning that idea?

The local press have hinted at a new recruitment structure and Eric Nicolson said last month he was hoping to get an interview with the new Head of Operations (Ian Flaherty) but nothing has materialised on that front yet. 

20 minutes ago, mizfit said:

If I’m reading the courier right, offers have been made to new players.

Yeah its a good update.

Wants around 5 starting players, is looking for quality over quantity, and some offers are in and waiting for responses, but players are on holiday so things are on hold.

Clear and concise reading to me and gives some confidence. Obviously have to wait on how good the players actually are, but at least it shows growth on how to approach a window.

Yeah its a good update.
Wants around 5 starting players, is looking for quality over quantity, and some offers are in and waiting for responses, but players are on holiday so things are on hold.
Clear and concise reading to me and gives some confidence. Obviously have to wait on how good the players actually are, but at least it shows growth on how to approach a window.

Quite interested to see what happens. Obviously our 2 options on left wing missing the start means that’s a priority as is the right wing.

1 minute ago, PSJ.84 said:

Definitely gives a lot of cause for optimism, which will no doubt be destroyed when a couple of names start to appear!

Welcome to the team Kirk Broadfoot! An experienced CB that Callum can trust. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wants around 5 starting players, is looking for quality over quantity.

I don't share your optimism given that that reads to me like a rehash of his Christmas message that he would sign 'five or six' players who would 'strengthen the starting eleven'.

We ended that transfer window signing Jahmal Hector-Ingram.

52 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Quite interested to see what happens. Obviously our 2 options on left wing missing the start means that’s a priority as is the right wing.

I'd imagine we'd see Brown covering there if Booth/Gallacher miss the early Cup games tbh.

26 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

I don't share your optimism given that that reads to me like a rehash of his Christmas message that he would sign 'five or six' players who would 'strengthen the starting eleven'.

We ended that transfer window signing Jahmal Hector-Ingram.

I'm trying to be optimistic here 😂

As I said, I remain sceptical about the quality of player we'll be bringing in, but the noises so far give me hope there's a chance it turns out fine.