Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Edinburgh Evening News saying Macey will be off down South later this week and links to us are "wide of the mark".

The St Johnstone share price has just increased at this news.

Shite goalkeeper, good with one on ones (anyone of his size should be) but 0 other attributes, doesn’t claim crosses, regularly boots the ball out the park under no pressure, suspect from distance, in general suspect when any shot has any power on it.

Apparently we’re getting a fee for him which is absolutely beyond belief.

20 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

The St Johnstone share price has just increased at this news.

Shite goalkeeper, good with one on ones (anyone of his size should be) but 0 other attributes, doesn’t claim crosses, regularly boots the ball out the park under no pressure, suspect from distance, in general suspect when any shot has any power on it.

Apparently we’re getting a fee for him which is absolutely beyond belief.

I'll be honest, I kind of refuse to write players off who've struggled at other clubs in this league now, within reason, as we've had to many "duds" perform for us, but yeah, the more I read about Macey the less I'm into it. Luton fans, in general, seem devastated to be linked.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye long term Sinclair getting regular game time is probably the priority.

Parish can sit on the bench for the entire season instead, and hopefully will as we sign a proper first choice keeper.

Until our number 1 gets injured and he flaps all game and costs us multiple points!

Get rid! He's the worst Saints keeper in the last 35 years.

Looks like it, Current ST holders should book their Ormond seats and they'll arrange seats in the Main Stand.

So that’ll be the whole “family stand” thing up in smoke then. I thought that was one of our best initiatives ticketing wise? Doesn’t make sense to me that they would close it.

19 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

So that’ll be the whole “family stand” thing up in smoke then. I thought that was one of our best initiatives ticketing wise? Doesn’t make sense to me that they would close it.

It'll likely be same ticket wise but a seat in a stand that doesn't require to be opened for 50 people.

1 hour ago, The Saintee said:

And injuries. Apparently they were all just "bad luck", says the guy who chucked a player who'd just flown halfway across the world into a game about 12 hours after he'd got off the plane, and regularly pushed players too quickly once they'd half recovered from previous injuries.

Still absolutely zero acknowledgement he got it wrong by not trying to change our style to fit what we had after the injuries.

Desperately trying to give him a fresh start this Summer but fucking hell man.

Edited by RandomGuy.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

And injuries. Apparently they were all just "bad luck", says the guy who chucked a player who'd just flown halfway across the world into a game about 12 hours after he'd got off the plane, and regularly pushed players too quickly once they'd half recovered from previous injuries.

Still absolutely zero acknowledgement he got it wrong by not trying to change our style to fit what we had after the injuries.

Desperately trying to give him a fresh start this Summer but fucking hell man.

I'm still convinced that last season was much stronger evidence of Davidson's "talents" than the double season. But I'll wait to see what kind of signings come limping in before I'm really worried. 

1 hour ago, The Saintee said:

Fucking hell man 🤣 we played 34 league games after we’d been knocked out, if I’m not mistaken that’s the majority of the season. Merely a minor hindrance, if anything, but definitely nothing more. 

11 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

I'm still convinced that last season was much stronger evidence of Davidson's "talents" than the double season. But I'll wait to see what kind of signings come limping in before I'm really worried. 

One good season, one bad season, so if youre trying to be fair then really this year is the one that tells you what he is.

I wish he'd just acknowledge his own mistakes instead of constantly passing over them.

Speaks constantly as if we just put in charge weeks before the season started too. He knew what was coming as him and Cleland had years of seeing us struggle early in Europe under TW.

Edited by RandomGuy.

I’m still not overly concerned about pre-season yet. Month until our first friendly and if we’re already seeing links to us despite how tenuous then I’d imagine he’s learnt some lessons.

Although I still half expect to see him disappear south if given an opportunity in the next 12 months.

15 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I’m still not overly concerned about pre-season yet. Month until our first friendly and if we’re already seeing links to us despite how tenuous then I’d imagine he’s learnt some lessons.

Although I still half expect to see him disappear south if given an opportunity in the next 12 months.

His chat about having 5/6 keeper targets is giving me hope. And I think I'd believe it if he said he gave the club a list and they failed to get them all, as that happened to TW too and points to a deeper issue than the manager.

I just don't like the fact he never talks about tactical mistakes. He surely doesn't think we can score under 38 goals again and be fine?

1 hour ago, Zamora Fan said:

I don’t like the Davidson line in that article about how “we did well in Europe”. We blown one of the best chances we’ll ever have to financially secure the club for the future and play group stage football.

They didn't think we were getting through. 

Lask in particular were beatable but Brown refused to "gamble" and invest in some different attacking options. 

40 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Lask in particular were beatable but Brown refused to "gamble" and invest in some different attacking options. 

9 Forwards in that 21/22 squad of 29 players, StJ had 35 players making appearances last season. Premier League is max 25 squad places, does the cinch Premiership have a squad limit because I cant find any info.

5 minutes ago, DUFC_ said:

9 Forwards in that 21/22 squad of 29 players, StJ had 35 players making appearances last season. Premier League is max 25 squad places, does the cinch Premiership have a squad limit because I cant find any info.

So we had a squad of 29, used 35, and you're asking if we could only use 25?