Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Center half said:

FFS Kyle im trying to broker a deal here !  

We can throw in Tony Gallacher, Theo Bair, Ali Crawford in exchange for just one Kyle Turner too, Jagfox. 

Snap that up before we start having second thoughts because that is a remarkably good deal.

8 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

I think this is just the tip of the iceberg for clubs. At least Thistle have acknowledged and have a decent fan base to help them to be ok. There are/will be others, who will really struggle.

Same applies, if not moreso, to clubs down south. Wigan will not be the only ones in the near term.

Makes you appreciate even more the stability Saints have had under the Browns.

I'd imagine McPherson and MacLean will be well aware of what clubs will be open to doing dome relatively cheep business over some of their players. Would imagine Utd in particular would happily see some of their players off for a nominal fee. Whether anyone would want them or not is another matter.

Hopefully we start seeing some movement shortly. You’d imagine the gaffer will want to have new bodies ready for returning in a couple of weeks. 

14 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Sounds like they're back training towards the end of June. 

I'd hope not, the League Cup group stages start on the 15 July, 2/3 weeks is not enough. I'd think they'll be back more towards the middle of July surely.

One for RG, who does Harry Milne look on your magical generator? I know he's under contract, but worth a bid to try and solve the left back area?

39 minutes ago, Widge said:

I'd hope not, the League Cup group stages start on the 15 July, 2/3 weeks is not enough. I'd think they'll be back more towards the middle of July surely.

One for RG, who does Harry Milne look on your magical generator? I know he's under contract, but worth a bid to try and solve the left back area?

I’d hope not! 😃

Would absolutely love Harry Milne. 

1 hour ago, Widge said:

Drey Wright said in an interview that after they'll "get back to work towards the end of June"

I think circa 3 weeks before the league cup has probably been the pre season norm for a number of years. 

3 hours ago, Widge said:

I can check but cant post it (on holiday with no WiFi, only get mobile data on dog walks 😂) but every previous season has him as a complete standout. His injury is potentially all that stops him getting his move this Summer. If its putting others off then i say you seize the opportunity and gamble. 

Hallberg comparison is great for Turner. Can play deeper well but you get the best out him further forward. Sacrilege but youd say him coming in justifies letting Wotherspoon go, in a way. See its apparently unlikely though which is a shame.

While on the Partick theme, the more i see of Tiffoney the less convinced by him i am. If he wants decent money i dont think id bother.

3 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

I’d hope not! 😃

Would absolutely love Harry Milne. 

He's the pick of the lot in the Championship or very close to it. Outstanding full back with pace, power and energy to burn. Solid in the air and got a wicked delivery off his left foot.

For not too large fee he could be tempted away from Thistle now they are in some financial difficulty. 1 year left on his contract so if Thistle don't sell him this summer he could PCA in January and leave for nothing.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

2 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Tiffoney signed for Dundee. 

Thats lucky then 😂

FWIW, some high quality graphical work.

Spoiler

20230607_195733.thumb.jpg.c0dd2319edfaf6ac4af76d65f76ec16f.jpg

20230607_195741.thumb.jpg.44ddf5dac33ba1d9c659c5f0917989fc.jpg

20230607_195855.thumb.jpg.d5c7ff3ef3cdb3c483ae4e2a35dd1cf7.jpg

Plus my view of the evening.

20230607_221028.thumb.jpg.8901811ac6105ba813d494f517a0440e.jpg

Edited by RandomGuy.

You arent going to pick Saints up on the cheap but then you are buying a club capable of generating money and with no debt to service.

There might not be the riches of the Premier League but Scotland has five European spots at the moment and the potential that brings.

There is no point in the Brown family selling to someone that doesn't plan to take the club forward.

The "nice local businessman" mob can do one with their parochial lack of ambition.

We are a Premiership club and should be looking to kick on from that, rather than treading water or accepting going backwards.