Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

41 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Seems strange that your best ever player - Savo Milne - is a Dundee reject.

No you’re getting mixed up, that award goes to Mark Robertson. 

14 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Mylchreest has scored a couple of headers in testimonial against Jeanfield, he’s the one I think is most promising 

Are the comparisons to Hendry fair?

He seems to have that edge/confidence about him but, again, ive not seen anything of him beyond the friendlies this Summer. 

Looked like he just needed to bulk up a wee bit and he'd be ready to go.

I've had high hopes for so many youngsters over the years, some you think it's just a matter of time, but it never happens. Then you're pleasantly surprised at some, like wee Ali. Everyone knew he could play but the way he just slotted in then grew into a star man was brilliant. We could do with one of this crop to do that 

27 minutes ago, THE FAT MAN said:

Elkan baggot rumours doing the rounds again 

He's being linked with the likes of Bradford. I can see him ending up somewhere like that over coming up here.

We'll see though. Saints may move on if someone else becomes available. The fact that one fell through and "hasn't moved elsewhere". Probably him. 

Two separate points.

Jephcott saying he plays best with partner, and one who will stretch the game. He looks a hard enough worker so with two players who will graft, two strikers doesn't need to be out of the question.

If doesn't always need to be an orthodox 4-4-2 as the midfield shape can change (and you could use Wright at full back for example) but I think we need to play with two strikers this season.

Also, a little lesson for the media team yesterday in parroting claims made on social media about Ben McCrystal. Appreciate they aren't Saints fans - and many who are don't have a huge interest in the history - but straight away that fact about him being second youngest scorer looked wrong to me when you considered Jimmy Benson in addition to Stevie May. As it turns out there was Vic Robertson as well.

Brian Doyle is an absolute encyclopedia of Saints knowledge and should have been the first port of call.

Edited by Radford

2 minutes ago, shibbydoo said:

Are we going to get a PPV option for tomorrow's match?

Hope so, would be quite the embarrassment if Stenhousemuir & Alloa can offer to us and the Premier team don't offer the same.

12 minutes ago, Center half said:

Has Peter Pawlet signed for anybody yet? think him and GMS to be signed by someone else and then i can relax. Saw Watkins got signed by Killie so that was another bullet dodged!    

I’d be worried about them under Davidson but can’t see Macca going for them by what he says.

41 minutes ago, Center half said:

Has Peter Pawlet signed for anybody yet? think him and GMS to be signed by someone else and then i can relax. Saw Watkins got signed by Killie so that was another bullet dodged!    

What about our signings so far and everything MacLean has spoken about makes you think we’d even come close to considering them?