Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just read that former Europa League opponents Eskiherespor are struggling financially with club owners using the club as a personal bank account.

Also Steven Maclean is dressed up as Homer Simpson on that night out.

Dundalk fans reckon McMillan is back from his holidays in the "next couple of days", and a guy who tweets about their club says their manager plans to speak to him on that return, but they believe McMillan has already decided to join us. 

Suppose that means we might, finally, announce something Thursday/Friday time.

Been wondering about Benson, and whether his agents outburst about not wanting as much as TW suggested he did, means we might have another attempt at getting him too, but thats just pure speculation on my part, based on nothing.

4 hours ago, nelsjfc said:

These ones

Those are goggles, worn only by the lead guy.  There's no goggle shapes on the fancy dress outfits.

Anyway, moving on...I hear some ridiculous rumours about Saints having a game on Saturday. 

Outside shout with nothing behind it except my thoughts, but Craig Curran is available for nothing in the Summer, how would folk feel about having MacLean, McMillan, Curran and Kane as our four striking options next season?

13 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Outside shout with nothing behind it except my thoughts, but Craig Curran is available for nothing in the Summer, how would folk feel about having MacLean, McMillan, Curran and Kane as our four striking options next season?

He was on trial with St Johnstone before he signed for Ross County, I believe.  He's quite good.  Plays the lone striker role well.  Runs about a lot.   A rare example of a player we were told was going to be garbage, but actually turned out to be pretty good.

He was on trial with St Johnstone before he signed for Ross County, I believe.  He's quite good.  Plays the lone striker role well.  Runs about a lot.   A rare example of a player we were told was going to be garbage, but actually turned out to be pretty good.

Yeah he was, played up front in a friendly against Cowdenbeath with Rory Loy. Think he score actually, but to be honest wasn't very good and he's not a player I'd be wanting us to sign, based on his effort alone.

Who did Saints miss a penalty against this season? 
In the disaster that is the Celtic-Motherwell thread, someone has posted a table of penalties awarded/ scored this season and I can't remember who we missed one against..

Motherwell. Cummins brutally hauled down by Dunne as he shaped to rifle home his first of 30 this season. MOH takes pen for his hat trick but it was saved.

3 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

It appears that Hendry is the new saviour.

:rolleyes:

TBF I thought he looked good. Usually the issue with young strikers is their physical ability, but he was holding off defenders pretty well. Most comfortable player we had on the ball all day aswell. See absolutely no harm in giving him a run over the next month to see how he settles at this level, he has confidence, we need that.

40 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

TBF I thought he looked good. Usually the issue with young strikers is their physical ability, but he was holding off defenders pretty well. Most comfortable player we had on the ball all day aswell. See absolutely no harm in giving him a run over the next month to see how he settles at this level, he has confidence, we need that.

He can't be any worse than Cummins I suppose.