Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Is the cancellation of the Burnley friendly an attempt to stop further injuries or have we suffered more already? 🤷‍♂️😬

Explaining his decision to call-off the trip to Burnley, MacLean said: “I was going to take a game against Burnley but we’re not going anymore because of the injury list."

“We have too many players out to risk it."

Seems like its to prevent injuries which is fair enough at this point.

50 minutes ago, Stevie Kirk said:

Robbie Crawford is a decent championship player at best . If he’s the answer you’re asking the wrong question. 

He was pretty much loathed by most Motherwell fans and we were glad to see the back of him. Slow and weak in the tackle.

Preparing for next season then, I like it.

Yeah I remember him not being that popular, not a great spell at livi either so plenty evidence on him, as Random says hopefully it’s Ali going in the opposite direction.

1 minute ago, The Saintee said:

I think this relegation is going to set all kinds of records.

Aye.

People are deluding themselves into thinking we're about to sign 3 top flight quality starters, or that folk like James Brown, Callum Booth and Cammy MacPherson are going to turn our entire team around, i think.

Does anyone even know whos a guaranteed first choice who other clubs would actually want as a guaranteed first choice?

Mitov maybe? None of our defenders or CMs go into another team, wingers maybe Wright at a push ahead of McCowan/Tiffoney but i suspect both outscore him this season. Any of the strikers? To me its clear we're the shit side who will help save any other shit sides.

1 hour ago, Radford said:

Not sure why our start to 2001/02 is missing?

IMG_20230815_082821.thumb.jpg.798ca448621fc08a1268d1e4edb3c5d9.jpg

I think from memory it took until that Motherwell game to realise how much in the Sh1te we actually were.

Looking at it there, I hadn't really remembered how close some of those games actually were.

There was a definite feeling we had downgraded in quality that season.  

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Thomson and Nicholson aren’t holding back now on the issues in the background….

Thought the podcast was very good. Did have a chuckle at Spence suggesting Davidson should’ve been binned sooner.  

44 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

I think from memory it took until that Motherwell game to realise how much in the Sh1te we actually were.

Aye, lost Alan Main to a leg break that day in a 50/50 with Twaddle.  Stuart Elliot tore us apart.

Edited by double deluxe

1 hour ago, PSJ.84 said:

Thought the podcast was very good. Did have a chuckle at Spence suggesting Davidson should’ve been binned sooner.  

The fanny had a go at me on Twitter at one point for suggesting that very thing.

2 hours ago, mizfit said:

Thomson and Nicholson aren’t holding back now on the issues in the background….

Shame they didnt bother their arse at any other point in the last few years, as it might have helped prevent the situation we're in.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Shame they didnt bother their arse at any other point in the last few years, as it might have helped prevent the situation we're in.

I presumed at the time the were worried they'd lose even more of the limited access they were getting from the club if they said anything critical. 

Now that Guidi is not involved that threat is significantly less likely. It would seem he was of the mantra of the Old Firm clubs. Banning anyone who dared to say anything bad etc as they were already not allowed to ever speak to certain players. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

1 hour ago, The Saintee said:

The fanny had a go at me on Twitter at one point for suggesting that very thing.

The man clearly thinks supporters are completely clueless about football, even more so ones that voice frustration on social media

On 14/08/2023 at 07:48, RandomGuy. said:

Yer man theres profile is some reading.

Hates Nicola Sturgeon, voted for Brexit, thinks everyone who goes on a gay pride march is "weirdos,", supports the Tories over the gender reform bill, and says Davidson failed entirely because of "toxic fans".

2 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

Spence