Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

Get Castelloe to f**k. 

I agree he had a mare. Wasn't the only one though. 

----

That was terrible for the vast majority. Managed very little in terms of possession in the attacking half. There was a few that looked capable but also a few others who struggled incredibly. One game though I appreciate isn't the measurement of good/bad but we need more from those individuals. 

Max, if you end up in the right place at the right time and take the chances then all the pretty stuff that may or not come off at the half way line matters very little! 

Likewise regarding performance. It matters very little if you get a decent result. 

Dundee looked miles ahead of us today, mostly because they battled like it mattered. 

3-4 weeks will be the telling point.

I didn’t hate Castelloe - he was offering himself for the ball constantly and got very little help from the full back behind him.

Carey on the other hand, needs launches into the sun. He’s obviously contributed right at the end but for the rest of the game he was taking up the wrong positions and giving the ball away constantly.  The first goal comes about because for the first time in the second half Carey got out wide and gave Robinson some support.

Macpherson absolutely garbage too when he came on. Assume he’ll be well down the pecking order when Sprangler comes in.

Kane was a big improvement up front. We need to get him fully fit asap.

The only ‘strategy’ for the first half seemed to be getting the ball to Smith or Phillips, who would then make a big switch out to Costelloe on the right in the hope he’d do something with no support from Brown or May. Fair play to him for at least trying to take on the full back and not giving up, though we’ll obviously need to see an improvement in quality from him if he wants to keep his place in the team.

Has Brown been told never to overlap the winger or can he just not be arsed? With him, May and MacPherson off the bench putting in stinkers again my main concern is still with the players who were already here before Maclean came in.

No clue what to think about Carey tbh, who probably could be in that list too given how much we depend on him at the minute. But two assists isn’t bad going and they’re both good crosses in different ways. If he can keep up numbers like that I don’t mind all the other stuff.

Edited by Zamora Fan

Even at half-time, Liam Gordon looked like a man with a point to prove in the warm up. Everyone wants him to find his form again.

James Brown marking both goalscorers and doing it woefully. Offers nothing going forward and was so easy for Tiffoney to get at him. Used to always say he's at least trying hard but not even sure he does that now.

Robinson has somehow ended up being involved in both goals but also generally offered nothing in attack.

Costelloe especially poor though, I'd have had him off after 20 minutes. If that's his standard, he won't be invovled for long.

It was a dreadful team performance. Far too slow and plodding and with the appearance of a group of players who had no idea what they'd been instructed to do in their attempts to score a goal.

A lot of work to do over the next couple of weeks.