Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Moh is gone now anyway. Scougall and Millar improved Alston and Wotherspoon should theoretically click with those guys too, if they’ll make a move for him. 
Kane needs to be much better than he’s shown so far to make a difference. We’re placing a lot of faith on a 29 year old striker who hasn’t played full time football before, but if feels like that’s where we’re at.
I don't think we've much choice, and it's nobodies fault but TWs. We've had about three windows to find a replacement for MacLean and he's failed to manage it. Whether or not Kane is a success or not, and I'm not convinced he's good enough, he at least brings something different to Johnstone/MacLean.

Wouldn't be adverse to letting Johnstone return to Colchester and bring in a Maynard type though, to be honest.

I don’t think you can cut short a cross border loan short, and he signed for a season long loan. I fear Johnstone is here whether he’s in Tommy’s plans for the rest of the season or not. 

Seems a bit mental to me that we’re looking to put Gordon - who looks capable of playing to a reasonable standard at this level - out on loan so that we can bring back a guy who is completely untested in the top flight. I’m sure Kerr will end up the better long term option, but feel his development would be better served playing every week for Queens rather than sitting on our bench. 

Edited by Kyle

36 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Seems a bit mental to me that we’re looking to put Gordon - who looks capable of playing to a reasonable standard at this level - out on loan so that we can bring back a guy who is completely untested in the top flight. I’m sure Kerr will end up the better long term option, but feel his development would be better served playing every week for Queens rather than sitting on our bench. 

As always, Kyle talking sense. Gordon with a run of games in the premiership would go from strength to strength. There is no doubt that Kerr and Gordon will be the future CB pairing.

For Scotland. 

I'd actually take a punt on Alston at Dens.
You'd be disappointed. He's nowhere close to the player people expect him to be. Is absolutely dreadful central and is invisible on the wing, so I'm not sure where you're meant to play him. Constantly mistimes runs and then doesn't bother tracking back. Watch highlights of our cunting by Celtic and have a drink every time they have a chance due to Alston letting Armstrong run by him unchallenged, you'd be absolutely steaming by the end.

Been a disappointing two seasons from Blair. Hasn't really kicked on at this level. Still don't know what is meant to be his best position. Kind of sums it up
It's a shame we can't play at Ibrox every week, literally the only place he plays well.

Foster would’ve been sacked by any other employer for the sheer number of indiscretions he’s had in a Saints shirt, particularly in the last year. 

Plus he’s been well below the standard he set himself last year. The two year deal given to him just before he decided to hook Swanson looks a stupid decision now. 

Still don't know what is meant to be his best position. Kind of sums it up

It's a shame we can't play at Ibrox every week, literally the only place he plays well.

Why are you lads talking about Mark O'Hara?!

13 hours ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

I’d release Alston. Anyone else?

He needs to do far more. Fills a jersey generally and that's it. The past couple of home games he's got the ball in good areas so many times and done nothing with it.

The first 25 minutes or so yesterday was as poor as it gets, he gave the ball away just about every time he had it. I thought he played better at RB after Foster got sent off, and then at Right wing back in the second half.

He seems to have a decent engine, is one of those disciplined players who will follow instructions, is capable of putting a good cross in and has a good shot, but we don't seen these anywhere near enough.

To release him we'd need to have someone better lined up, and therein lies the problem.

2 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Keith Watson scored today,just for you Kyle,always looked more of threat than Ando at corners :rolleyes:

Pity he’s not as good a player as the most decorated in the history of St Johnstone FC 

5 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Pity he’s not as good a player as the most decorated in the history of St Johnstone FC 

I actually think he is,but can’t stay fit,good engine,and decent crosser,better than Rocky,he’s a cup winner too,much younger than Ando too.Without getting dragged into a debate we’ll not agree on,did you think Ando closed AJ  down properly at the second goal? He’s backing off,then goes side on,why not go towards him ,and block the shot? Wasn’t just his fault,Mikey gave it away,didn’t track back,and Joe looked tired trying to get back