Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

With hindsight we took on the Brechin management team.

That's Brechin from the Highlands League.

What the f**k were we expecting would happen?

Bring on the Championship, get rid of everybody, take £500k for Mitov, and start from scratch.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just heard Leveins post match interview.

Absolute nothing there, just a monotone acceptance of the whole situation, then a half hearted, still monotone, claim we can win 3 games in a row and it's not that bad really.

I almost feel asleep watching the 30 second clip on Sportscene. He is the most dull, uninspiring manager. When you look at managers who have done relatively well like McInnes, Robinson, Docherty and Kettlewell they are full of energy, enthusiasm and you can imagine players wanting to play for them. There's clearly more to management than just that but it must be soul destroying listening to that every day in training, and it seems the performances reflect that.

Well it looks like we'll be waving a big double-winning cheerio to the Tory-voting fermers of Perth.

Craig Levein, eh ? The best possible appointment for Ross County. 

29 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Well it looks like we'll be waving a big double-winning cheerio to the Tory-voting fermers of Perth.

Craig Levein, eh ? The best possible appointment for Ross County. 

The same Perth that’s had an SNP MP for the last 27 years, longer than Paisley?

Something that keeps coming into my head at the moment is this, after years of a structure that worked and off the back of such a successful season, the then manager and club hierarchy delivered this transfer window:

James Brown (Free)
Ali Crawford (Loan)
Cammy MacPherson (Loan)
Eetu Vertainen (Fee)
Glenn Middleton (Loan)
Hayden Muller (Loan)
Reece Devine (Loan)
Lars Dendoncker (Loan)

Just, WHY?

41 minutes ago, Radford said:

Something that keeps coming into my head at the moment is this, after years of a structure that worked and off the back of such a successful season, the then manager and club hierarchy delivered this transfer window:

James Brown (Free)
Ali Crawford (Loan)
Cammy MacPherson (Loan)
Eetu Vertainen (Fee)
Glenn Middleton (Loan)
Hayden Muller (Loan)
Reece Devine (Loan)
Lars Dendoncker (Loan)

Just, WHY?

Simple really, a mix of a manager exploring other options, a chairman not giving a shit, a head of recruitment appointed halfway through pre-season when all other PCA’s have been sorted and other clubs have begun their recruitment, and arrogance that we didn’t need to freshen up. 

I'm still not sure the fans have ever recovered, in terms of relationship with the club, since Kerr and McCann left on the sane day, tbh.

Although it shouldn't have been the hammer blow it was on the park as a replacement for Kerr shouldve already been in place (Muller and Dendoncker was an embarrassing plan to replace him really, and felt so half arsed considered Davidsons links to Millwall/David Weir for both), and it was inevitable McCann was going in that window or the next and again the planned replacement (Gilmour) was clearly never going to be good enough. 

The whole place just felt complacent and no lessons had been learned from 2014, when we got bailed out by Tommy Wright really.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm still not sure the fans have ever recovered, in terms of relationship with the club, since Kerr and McCann left on the sane day, tbh.

Although it shouldn't have been the hammer blow it was on the park as a replacement for Kerr shouldve already been in place (Muller and Dendoncker was an embarrassing plan to replace him really, and felt so half arsed considered Davidsons links to Millwall/David Weir for both), and it was inevitable McCann was going in that window or the next and again the planned replacement (Gilmour) was clearly never going to be good enough. 

The whole place just felt complacent and no lessons had been learned from 2014, when we got bailed out by Tommy Wright really.

In relationship with the club also, in 2022 the fans were loud and encouraging. Now admittedly we’re reduced to frustration and anger. 3 years of no lessons learnt has helped turn the fans against the players. 

Any manager worth half their wage could pull them out of this spiral. Not Levein though. 

55 minutes ago, Radford said:

James Brown (Free)
Ali Crawford (Loan)
Cammy MacPherson (Loan)
Eetu Vertainen (Fee)
Glenn Middleton (Loan)
Hayden Muller (Loan)
Reece Devine (Loan)
Lars Dendoncker (Loan)

Just, WHY?

All that in a pre season where all we needed was a creative midfielder and a quality striker. We had money to spend, two shots at European group stages and were holders of two of the three trophies in Scotland.

No foresight, no ambition, no fucking clue. c***s should be banned from McDiarmid.

43 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This did for us what Utd selling Armstrong and GMS to Celtic on the last day of the window did for them.

40 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Any manager worth half their wage could pull them out of this spiral. Not Levein though. 

It doesn't seem like it should be that hard for him. I few rousing interviews and a heartfelt please to get the fans behind the team. He's not that beast though and fans would see through it. Just for a second, imagine we are in this position under Tommy Wright. He'd be getting fans and players right fired up for the next 3 games.

If you had the positivity, you'd be saying that if we beat Livi next week, then regardless, we go into that County game with ot all in our own hands. Better still, I'd we win on Saturday and County lose. We go into that game a point clear, knowing a win secures the top flight for next season. 

Michael Stewarts a fanny who's just delighted he gets his name in the paper again.

Do the media team select which player goes for the post-match interview, or is it a case of players putting themselves forward? Very rarely see the captain doing it. 

7 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Do the media team select which player goes for the post-match interview, or is it a case of players putting themselves forward? Very rarely see the captain doing it. 

Feel like it's up to the manager/players tbh, but don't know.

I'm interested in whether they bother announcing the "winners" of tonight's "player of the year" awards on Twitter.

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm interested in whether they bother announcing the "winners" of tonight's "player of the year" awards on Twitter.

Would be more appropriate if they just announced all the players who didn't win it.

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm interested in whether they bother announcing Mitov as player of the year on Twitter.

Fixed that for you etc.