Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Looking at what Stockport fans are saying on Twitter, it would appear Liam might be no more than backup CB for them. If that's the case, would he be on much more money than he would be offered by Saints? Would he move to be a backup? I reckon he would miss Tam too much. He staying. 

13 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Looking at what Stockport fans are saying on Twitter, it would appear Liam might be no more than backup CB for them. If that's the case, would he be on much more money than he would be offered by Saints? Would he move to be a backup? I reckon he would miss Tam too much. He staying. 

Not sure how much Stockport will be paying but the average at that level is reportedly online anyway more then £4500 a week!!

So hypothetically if he was getting below average at 3k a week.. 

26 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

No chance. Not falling for the old Deefiant shenanigans.

Aww c'mon, any excess will go to Saints in the community fund*.

* Or the fund for my Mediterranean reggae taxi boat. But on the plus side you may get a free journey or two, beers included. 

Any mention of "Saintees" instead of "Saints" and management rights are reserved and whichever person does it will be walking the plank.

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

I'm on the case and driving him as quickly as possible but I've just tried to fill the car up and only managed £30 fuel. PM me if you want to add any donations.

Stagecoach offer UK wide "parent and child" tickets for OAPs and their kids for around that price, you should just do that.

Hamilton being credited with an interest in taking Connor Smith on an initial loan deal.

The ideal would be getting him off the wage bill completely but not having the option to play him would be a close second.

Just now, Radford said:

Hamilton being credited with an interest in taking Connor Smith on an initial loan deal.

The ideal would be getting him off the wage bill completely but not having the option to play him would be a close second.

Was his deal until next Summer? Very real chance he never plays for us again.

15 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Tell you what will be missed from this season…

the strips.

Have to say that’s amongst the best 3 strip seasons we’ve had in terms of all being fairly decent.  Back to traditional white shorts with the home top though please.  Sad to see that black third strip go, think it was fairly lucky for us, wins at Aberdeen, Hibs and Motherwell wearing it. 

IMG_9720.jpeg.db6595f51e7835d1459d925a4862b3ed.jpegIMG_9727.webp.cb32f131a5f02a2fcef79c813c497607.webpIMG_9726.jpeg.e10ea401207c94f0567410b78551ee06.jpeg

Yeah the home and 3rd strips were some of the best designs we’ve had in years. It’s just a shame the shirt quality was absolutely dreadful, it’s why I ended up not buying one. As you say, hoping for blue shirt / white shorts for next season and no v-necks. Anyone know how long our deal with Macron lasts?

Posted (edited)

Eric Nicolson saying Levein is expected to stay on for next season.

Edited by RandomGuy.

5 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Not sure how much Stockport will be paying but the average at that level is reportedly online anyway more then £4500 a week!!

So hypothetically if he was getting below average at 3k a week.. 

He’ll be on around the £3k a week mark at Saints already so you’d expect it would need to be closer to the £4k mark for him to move. Unless there’s not an additional contract at Saints forthcoming (or it’s on reduced terms).

4 hours ago, Radford said:

Has he really been that bad? We'd happily take him after he almost saved our worst squad this century from relegation. 

1 minute ago, Moysterclass said:

Has he really been that bad? We'd happily take him after he almost saved our worst squad this century from relegation. 

He's not really been anything. Just looks like a nothing player in the evidence we've seen, and he threw a strop when he was dropped for a game too. 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Moysterclass said:

Certainly has looked low on confidence & out his depth. 

He's young, might need time to adapt, first time playing at Premiership level while being also being surrounded in team mates low on confidence as well.

I've been critical off his performances and have little positive to say but wasn't quite ready to completely write him off yet so a little surprised the manager might be?! Harsh!

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

36 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

He’ll be on around the £3k a week mark at Saints already so you’d expect it would need to be closer to the £4k mark for him to move. Unless there’s not an additional contract at Saints forthcoming (or it’s on reduced terms).

Not a chance he'll be earning that with us.

He could probably easily treble his wage moving to Stockport.

He'd be daft not to try it IMO. I think he's better than he's been and in a good team should show that, but the last year or so must've been hell for him so going somewhere fresh might be a relief.

27 minutes ago, Moysterclass said:

As said he's not really been anything. My only notable memories are a late nothing goal v Celtic, throwing a strop because he didnt start v Dundee, and then coming on into the home game v Hibs and diving twice instead of running into the open space in front of him. To me he needs to be a "star" player, due to his how he conducts himself on the park and his style of play, so playing a level below what you expect from him will probably suit him.

He'll probably be one who looks great in the Championship as the main man, but when stepping into the top flight and not being central to everything he'll struggle, kind of similar to what I expect of Dylan Easton.