Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Posted (edited)

I'll put the answer in spoilers for those who want to guess first.

Don't think I've missed anyone or double counted but its late.

Spoiler

Total: 72

GK (5): Clark, Parish, Matthews, Mitov, Sinclair

DF (25): Kerr, Gordon, McCart, Cleary, Rooney, Sang, Gallacher, Brown, Booth, Muller, Devine, Mahon, Dendoncker, Ambrose, Montgomery, Mitchell, McGowan, Considine, Robinson, McClelland, Smith, Olufunwa, Parker, Bright, Keltjens

MF (22): McCann, Hallberg, MacPherson, Wotherspoon, Crawford, Gilmour, Ballantyne, Davidson, Bryson, Craig, Butterfield, Max, Wright, Carey, Phillips, M.Smith, C.Smith, Sprangler, Turner-Cooke, Franczak, Ferguson, McCrystal

ST (20): May, Kane, Bair, Middleton, Clark, Hendry, O'Halloran, Solomon-Otabor, Vertainen, Ciftci, Rudden, McLennan, Murphy, Steven, Costelloe, Jephcott, Kimpioka, Jaiyesimi, Mylchreest, Sidibeh

Edited by RandomGuy.

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'll put the answer in spoilers for those who want to guess first.

Don't think I've missed anyone or double counted but its late.

Hide contents

Total: 71

GK (4): Clark, Parish, Mitov, Sinclair

DF (25): Kerr, Gordon, McCart, Cleary, Rooney, Sang, Gallacher, Brown, Booth, Muller, Devine, Mahon, Dendoncker, Ambrose, Montgomery, Mitchell, McGowan, Considine, Robinson, McClelland, Smith, Olufunwa, Parker, Bright, Keltjens

MF (22): McCann, Hallberg, MacPherson, Wotherspoon, Crawford, Gilmour, Ballantyne, Davidson, Bryson, Craig, Butterfield, Max, Wright, Carey, Phillips, M.Smith, C.Smith, Sprangler, Turner-Cooke, Franczak, Ferguson, McCrystal

ST (20): May, Kane, Bair, Middleton, Clark, Hendry, O'Halloran, Solomon-Otabor, Vertainen, Ciftci, Rudden, McLennan, Murphy, Steven, Costelloe, Jephcott, Kimpioka, Jaiyesimi, Mylchreest, Sidibeh

Remi Matthews. Or did I imagine him?

Posted (edited)

Webb's takeover bid now has EFL approval so now just SFA approval awaited, and looks like that'll be in the 1st week of June according to Eric Nicholson today. 

Couple of notes of concern in his article for me though. Seems like Levein can't start looking to sign players until after the takeover when his budget will be decided. That could be a few weeks away yet, probably around the time we're due to start pre season training and when half of the players we should be looking to try and sign will be snapped up. 

Also note Sprangler's contract wasn't a 2 year deal as was announced at the time but a 1 year deal with an appearance based trigger for the 2nd year which he didn't reach. He's been offered a deal, but is it not a bit daft announcing it as a 2 year deal when it's just not? 

The other positive though, Nicholson has said that, whilst Kane is the first player to leave, there will be 'plenty of others' 

Bring that on. 

Edited by Kyle

I would guess that Levein will be working with the funds he can gain with the squad he has now. And any extra from the takeover will be added on. 
A lot of big earners will be removed from the wage bill, so Levein could concentrate on trying to get his top targets in first. 

www.youtube.com/@derektaylor84

5 hours ago, Kyle said:

Also note Sprangler's contract wasn't a 2 year deal as was announced at the time but a 1 year deal with an appearance based trigger for the 2nd year which he didn't reach. He's been offered a deal, but is it not a bit daft announcing it as a 2 year deal when it's just not? 

Is there not some chat he’ll struggle for a work permit this time too? Can’t remember where I saw it (might’ve been the banto, so probably utter pish). 

Wonder if it was a relatively low appearance based trigger that they expected him to hit no bother? Either way, just announce it as 1 year with an option of a second.

8 hours ago, Kyle said:

They announced Keltjens contract wrong first too.

Let's just hope they got Sidibehs right.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Eagerly awaiting the announcement that Levein's been reverse Kettlewelled.

Daily Record reporting that we offered Richards a permanent 2 year contract. Can't really be fussed about a player who didn't play a single minute for us, but maybe signs we are able to make new signings pre takeover. 

3 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Daily Record reporting that we offered Richards a permanent 2 year contract. Can't really be fussed about a player who didn't play a single minute for us, but maybe signs we are able to make new signings pre takeover. 

I wondered if they'd been told the budget won't be dropped, but they've still to figure our how much it can rise? Would mean they could offer deals to those already here or/and use the wage of those confirmed as leaving (Kane only publicly but feels like some probably know privately).

Zero clue but are some financial things maybe not clear until after Webb is in control? So he'd be unwilling to commit to anything early.

Think the Connor Smith to Hamilton story will be bollocks too, tbh. The same article says they're trying to sign Greg Docherty (linked with Blackburn), so it sounds like they're just pumping out PR to claim "ambition" to fans before signing Barry Maguire.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I saw somewhere it was Sprangler that the announced contract length was wrong. Is it both?

40 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

I saw somewhere it was Sprangler that the announced contract length was wrong. Is it both?

When Keltjens first signed it was announced as a 1yr deal when it was actually 2, Sprangler seems to be the opposite. 

Posted (edited)

Hate the fact we missed the big moments of the season but at least these guys made what was frankly a fucking terrible period for many much more positive than it otherwise would have been. They managed to make many a grown adult cry sitting in their living rooms 💙

Imagine watching a season like last from a £350 stream on top of queueing outside the shop and being unable to leave your house. We'd have no fans left 😂

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

Sorry, does Craig Levein understand the stature of our club? I hope someone has made it clear to him that these last few seasons aren't the norm here. Now is the perfect opportunity to rip up the squad, start again, and put those dark times behind us. Josh McPake is not the solution to this.

39 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I guess we will get 1 announcement a day rather than the 1 post that caused the issues for the former PR consultant last year.