Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Spot on @PauloPerth We also desperately need a number of proper defenders. Left back obviously but we can’t go with Gordon & McGowan again as the centre backs. Given we’ve offered them deals it indicates that is indeed what we are doing.

24 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Spot on @PauloPerth We also desperately need a number of proper defenders. Left back obviously but we can’t go with Gordon & McGowan again as the centre backs. Given we’ve offered them deals it indicates that is indeed what we are doing.

Don’t think it’s the worst idea in the world to offer them new deals given we know their ability. That said hopefully we’re looking to bring another one, on top of McClelland coming back. 

3 hours ago, tree house tam said:

You're thinking of midfielders running past the forwards. What if we're playing Adama, Benji either side of big Uche? Uche knocking balls in behind for Sidibeh and Kimpioka to run onto would be a thing of joy. 

I want Fenerbache in the groups.

There is another very small club in Turkiye called Gala. Perhaps we will cross swords with them.

Fixtures for league cup group stage,

Saturday July 13
Brechin City v St Johnstone (3.00pm)
East Fife v Greenock Morton (3.00pm)

Tuesday July 16
Alloa Athletic v East Fife (7.45pm)
Greenock Morton v Brechin City (7.45pm)

Saturday July 20
Brechin City v Alloa Athletic (3.00pm)
St Johnstone v Greenock Morton (3.00pm)

Tuesday July 23 
Alloa Athletic v St Johnstone (7.45pm)
East Fife v Brechin City (7.45pm)

Saturday July 27
Greenock Morton v Alloa Athletic (3.00pm)
St Johnstone v East Fife (3.00pm)

www.youtube.com/@DerekTaylor84

6 hours ago, Muirton Saint said:

So that leaves:

McGowan

Gordon

Parker

Wright

McPherson

Phillips

Carey

Sprangler

Steven

Still to be confirmed.

Hopefully Gordon, McPherson and Phillips get better offers elsewhere

1 hour ago, shibbydoo said:

Hopefully Gordon, McPherson and Phillips get better offers elsewhere

Well, Gordon and Phillips might get that from down south.

We're the only ones stupid enough to keep the anti-vaxx, 9/11 truther.

MacPherson probably timed his return from injury perfectly.

When we were at our lowest so he looked an improvement, but not enough games left for him to show his limitation. 

I'd be pretty surprised if him and Wright don't renew their deals tbh.

Gordon I don't know, same with Steven, for different reasons.

McGowan and Carey will depend on what Leveins told them about playing time. Both probably accept pay cuts are inevitable but do they take that and a lesser role? Or look to be a starter every week in a good team a tier down?

Posted (edited)

Gordon's contract is about terms. 

I reckon he'll need an improvement on his existing contract for him to be willing to stay. Unless we're the only decent offer...

Will the club be willing to offer improved terms? 🤷‍♂️

Stockport rumour apparently not came to anything either, so far anyway.

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

Wouldn't this be a good time to part with Gordon? He's been rotten all season and it seems very unlikely that he improves, also the whole being a fan and captain has sort of become a burden, he can go out with a good performance on the last day and those blocks to be remembered by, rather than staying longer and stinking the place out anymore.

I don't know why this came into my head last season, but he just looks like a Championship level defender now. For some reason Lee Ashcroft came into my head as a comparison now, just sort of can stick his body on the line or head it if he's static but scared of the ball, makes some really poor decisions and just a liability

Alan Nixon reporting that Hull are keen on Sidibeh now. Can they all just f**k off please? Come back next summer, at least let us enjoy having him for a wee while first. 

15 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Alan Nixon reporting that Hull are keen on Sidibeh now. Can they all just f**k off please? Come back next summer, at least let us enjoy having him for a wee while first. 

Can’t all be agent chat you’d think. There’s got to be something in it.

If he doesn’t have some sort of clause, I really hope the club don’t roll over for buttons. These clubs would happily pay £1m+ if he was playing in League 1, for example.

Fucking hell. He's barely proven at this level and collapsed just a few weeks ago with the difference in intensity. 

Sign Bair FFS.

Reaction of a Hull City fan:

IMG_9752.thumb.jpeg.4b7cd63273b33c187a5391a7a36e2498.jpeg

I’d be amazed if we get offered much more than £250k tops. He’s just not been in professional football long enough and is 25. 

Definitely think he’s worth way more than that but clubs will know we’re a soft touch in the transfer market. 

We’re going to be offered that kind of money but loads of bonuses thrown in which we’ll probably never see, as whilst he’s great to watch at our level, I’m not sure he’s yet good enough to stand out for a club (albeit a shite nonentity of a club in hull city) that are chasing promotion to the premiership.

And we’ll be told it could rise to £1m or some similar far fetched amount.

The fear is a summer of low bids to unsettle him with his agent constantly in his ear, desperate to cash in, then us finally giving in just as the season starts and left with a shite fee, a key player down and scraping the barrel to replace him.