Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

34 minutes ago, Radford said:

Even in a friendly against Nairn, I thought Stevie May showed he'd bring far more to that role behind the main striker than Clark does, if it's how they want to play.

Absolutely agree with @Radford.

Thought this last season too re Stevie May. Feel that with a pre-season and consistent games for May, Levein will get a chance to see May's ability and influence in this role behind main striker.

Although it was against Nairn, I think May scoring, and hopefully more goals during pre-season and League Cup, could see a confident Stevie May back- he is a confidence player, so here's hoping.

51 minutes ago, Radford said:

Connor Smith has many of my least favourite traits in a footballer, mainly though that he only moves the ball on when he's finished with it and that only usually happens if he can't get a shot off. Needs to be far more (generously) aware or less (ungenerously) selfish.

Trying to take the man on in the corner, whilst facing the corner flag, when Keltjens was open for the ball to be laid back was certainly a bold strategy. 

1 minute ago, Radford said:

But there has to be a serious discussion had about whether we can sign someone called Cocks.

Why? We have had teams full of them before.

Just think of the puns our media team could do though. 

“Hard Cocks tackle”

”Cock Extension”

”Cocks taken before ball”

Come on there’s so much low hanging fruit! 

1 minute ago, Widge said:

Just think of the puns our media team could do though. 

“Hard Cocks tackle”

”Cock Extension”

”Cocks taken before ball”

Come on there’s so much low hanging fruit! 

I’ll probably hold off posting my admiration for him though, should he be good. 

Having our first team senior players fit at the start of the season can be the difference between another season fighting relegation and something a bit more positive.

It may well not have worked out last season for Maclean anyway, we’ll never know, but having to put out a team full of kids and raw trialists for the first month set our path for the entire season and led to his sacking.

Would be nice if we made some effort over who we bring in and how we train and recover to avoid a repeat.