Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

30 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Can see why there was talk of him picking up his fair share of cards. Loves a sliding tackle. 

Yeah but he also won everything and looked pretty decent. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Who cares about his ability, all we need to know is what height he is.

He looks 6 foot easier and yeah I’d say shades of Muzz for sure. He’s a strong lad and had a great leap on him. 

19 minutes ago, Widge said:

He looks 6 foot easier and yeah I’d say shades of Muzz for sure. He’s a strong lad and had a great leap on him. 

Think CM would be his best position?

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Think CM would be his best position?

Hard to tell, but he does the basics well and isn’t fancy on it. He won plenty of tackles and looks comfortable shielding the ball and spinning defenders pressing him, so yeah right now he looks more a midfielder than a defender. Equally he has the attributes to be a really decent full back I’d say, he’s certainly not slow either and looks to have an engine on him. 

Always difficult to judge players in pre season friendlies but Essels was ok . Happy to put a foot in and plays the easy pass. Desperately need a left back. Kjeltens is fine as an emergency but any attacks down that side struggle because he’s not naturally left sided. Up front Kimpioka just cannot hold the ball in and link play. He was very disappointing. As Widge said McPake is woeful. Rae had a few good saves early in the second half and looks more comfortable with the ball at his feet than Mitov(not difficult I know). 

Definitely need bodies in but playing one up top in a friendly against a team two divisions below us does not make me hopeful for what the season holds 

12 minutes ago, supersaint44 said:

Looks like LB is almost done. Levein is certainly finding a wide array of players. 

IMG_5299.jpeg

Yeah he was sitting in the stand next to Nicky Clark today in full saints gear, so think that’s a done deal. 

36 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Love this signing strategy. The more randoms from completely random places the better. Finding a Trinidad and Tobago Internationalist in the Portuguese lower leagues is what I'm here for. 

It’s not quite the same as giving Lewis Stevenson a three year deal tho is it…

Yeah said that before he scored in my group chat (typical) but McPake was rotten. Arbroath obviously very light on numbers today but were needing a second / back up keeper so not sure if that’s the thought behind Hepburn playing for us or not. Think there was a possibility of Sinclair coming here but obviously with Mitov moving that went up the poley.

Thought number 22 was a real handful today whoever he was and Carey cracking left foot.