Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

59 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Looking forward to his reaction when we have a new stadium built before Dundee.

Probs will tbh. I suspect just south east of Bridge of Earn. 

I assume we've got a goalkeeping coach btw? Not sure we can be starting the actual season without one.

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

A deluded bunch of village idiots. IMO.

Thank you.

eta Bookmark it.

Enjoy the ride my man. If this all plays out, you get the secondary joy from seeing a glorious saints. If it doesn't, you get the joy of told you so.

I mean, it's not as if we have 2 admins behind us, have no assests and drop our drawers to the first person to come along, who strings us along for 10 years with the promise of a new stadium, only to rack up £9m of debts, stadium unable to host games and then flog off part of the club to an English championship side in return for being flooded by loan players. 😎

Enjoy the European run this season and the 3/4 Burnley loan kids. 🙊

7 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

Enjoy the ride my man. If this all plays out, you get the secondary joy from seeing a glorious saints. If it doesn't, you get the joy of told you so.

I mean, it's not as if we have 2 admins behind us, have no assests and drop our drawers to the first person to come along, who strings us along for 10 years with the promise of a new stadium, only to rack up £9m of debts, stadium unable to host games and then flog off part of the club to an English championship side in return for being flooded by loan players. 😎

Enjoy the European run this season and the 3/4 Burnley loan kids. 🙊

There's some truth in the above.

By some truth  I mean apart from the admin. bit the rest is a load of shite. 

Posted (edited)

Football clubs shape friendships, relationships and such a large part of people's lives, whether through the above or the work they do in the community.

What Geoff Brown inherited in 1986 is such a world away from what he leaves behind and it's hard not to imagine how different things could be if he hadn't come along. His vision and ambition in those early years were seismic in giving the people of the town so much, firstly a club to be proud of and then one that does so much good for the local area.

That is a legacy far more than the nice stuff that's happened on the pitch.

If Adam Webb can show and enact even half of the vision and ambition that Geoff Brown did in his first few years at the club then Saints can move forward. He should relish that challenge from what is a sound base to work from.

Edited by Radford

15 minutes ago, double deluxe said:

Ryan Esson 

Ahh that’s why he looked familiar on Saturday! Thought it was someone I knew. He must have been at Caley most recently.