Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

Folk who had their caravans on the old farm site next to ground will have been there within 2 mins offering their services...

If the cash is recycled into the playing budget, then I'd sell, if not, we can all marvel at the Adama funded car park. 

TarmacAdama😃

Not read the bulk of your thread but there is a strong rumour floating about that Steven Caulker was coming to FarmVille.

apologies if already covered. 

Thank you

35 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

Not read the bulk of your thread but there is a strong rumour floating about that Steven Caulker was coming to FarmVille.

apologies if already covered. 

Thank you

Would be a surprise, as he seems to have moved into coaching/management more than playing just now? Can't see why he'd join us to be a back up player.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Would be a surprise, as he seems to have moved into coaching/management more than playing just now? Can't see why he'd join us to be a back up player.

Have you got centre half sorted?

He's one of the best centre halves we've had at Dundee in my time watching us - admittedly he'd be a fair bit older now etc and has some very well documented issues - but at only 32 probably has a lot to offer if his head is right.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He'd be your captain instantly and main pick.

Are you forgetting you've got Jack Sanders, Sam McLelland and some random pushed out of Notts County as your three main CHs? 

Caulker is older now but even at the height of his substance abuse issues with us you could see he was levels above. Hopefully he's got himself back on track and it sounds like he does.

Funny, I’d heard Caulker was at Arbroath on Saturday. 

If it’s true, I’ll be surprised. 

17 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

Have you got centre half sorted?

He's one of the best centre halves we've had at Dundee in my time watching us - admittedly he'd be a fair bit older now etc and has some very well documented issues - but at only 32 probably has a lot to offer if his head is right.

15 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He'd be your captain instantly and main pick.

Are you forgetting you've got Jack Sanders, Sam McLelland and some random pushed out of Notts County as your three main CHs? 

Caulker is older now but even at the height of his substance abuse issues with us you could see he was levels above. Hopefully he's got himself back on track and it sounds like he does.

He left you 6 years ago, he's not the same player you're remembering.

His last 2-3 years have been struggling for regular game time at Wigan and then playing in the Spanish 4th tier.

3 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Funny, I’d heard Caulker was at Arbroath on Saturday. 

If it’s true, I’ll be surprised. 

The chap that told me is directly involved with St Johnstone and mentioned that there was interest and discussions but all very early stages so might come to hee-haw.

He's only 32 - I imagibe he might need a bit of fitness but class is permanent. I don't think it's wild to suggest seeing the names above that you have at CH he'd walk into your starting XI.

He doesn't come to Saints as backup. His wages won't allow that either. He'll command decent £. 

Caulker was on BBC radio Wales on Friday night. If that was in the studio then I doubt he could have been at Arbroath. If he was just on the line though.... 🤷‍♂️

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

He left you 6 years ago, he's not the same player you're remembering.

His last 2-3 years have been struggling for regular game time at Wigan and then playing in the Spanish 4th tier.

He was only at Malaga because he was appointed player-manager and at Wigan, his 9 games came 2 divisions above the player you've recently signed from Notts County, McLelland couldn't get a game for you lads last season and the Colonel doesn't even have a Wikipedia.

The stick you're beating Caulker here with is absolutely wild considering what you have signed up.

I think it would be tough for Caulker. We currently have the Notts County captain, the Ghana under 20s captain and arguably the best defender in last season’s Scottish Championship (from January onwards) at our disposal. 

It’s fair to say that our defence will be one of the strongest in the league.

54 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I think it would be tough for Caulker. We currently have the Notts County captain, the Ghana under 20s captain and arguably the best defender in last season’s Scottish Championship (from January onwards) at our disposal. 

It’s fair to say that our defence will be one of the strongest in the league.

Bold shout that !!

Also forgot that we have the two best young goalkeepers in Scotland. Would be surprised if we concede any goals at all next season. 

I forgot to mention that we have an Israeli international on the right side of defence and we’re shortly due to announce Trinidad and Tobago’s left-back.

It goes without saying that our attacking options are also pretty special and we’ve been rejecting big-money offers from English Championship clubs.

Where are St Johnstone’s weaknesses, I hear you ask?

’Midfield’ is my answer. I’m not delusional.

4 hours ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

No scalding water in toilets. 

Make the toilets flush.

That'll be a good start for me.

My first ever game at Muirton we were all pishing against an outside wall.

My only real memory of that game 

6 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

Are we really at the point where Simon Murray is considered an exceptional signing and multiple teams are fighting over him? After one season of double-figures in five Premiership attempts overall?

He's certainly no Jahmal Hector-Ingram

More points from Webbs latest interview. 

- "Saints in America" the company that owns 75% of Saints, has 8 investors on board including Webb, who has the majority of that company so the leading voice.

- A "lot of money" now available to the club due to that, but it will be spent on facilities/infrastructure to increase club income and performance.

- All new shareholders aware, and happy, to accept they'll lose money over their time involved with the club.

- They aim to try and make money by selling the club further down the line for more than they bought it for, they hope the spending on facilities etc., increase the value of the club.

- Webb has bought a house in Perth and plans on staying here regularly alongside his work in America.

- They're going to have a St Johnstone shop in the city centre, and sound willing to try and help push tourism to the city as a whole by using the clubs social media presence to advertise things.

- Budget is higher than last season, but he's aware that there's no point raising it to unsustainable levels as it just leads to problems down the line. Idea is the budget will steadily rise every year as sponsorships increase and income from the support increases. Enough personal wealth to plug gaps to keep us competitive until income catches up.

- Believes this is a 10-20 year project to get us where he wants.

- Stan Harris will be replaced as CEO once they've conducted a process of finding a replacement.

- Current board will remain as if for now but looking to expand to increase expertise available.

Edited by RandomGuy.