Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Has Sanders ever played at CB before? In no mans land for the first goal, indecisive for the second, then leaves it for the keeper when it's outside the box, just clear it you fanny and tell Rae to stay where he was. .

Been trying to figure what I think is missing with him and I think it's aggression?

Just doesn't attack the ball properly a lot of the time.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Been trying to figure what I think is missing with him and I think it's aggression?

Just doesn't attack the ball properly a lot of the time.

Total lack of aggression. He's like the biggest doorman that finally gets aggressive when the fights finished. Grow a set of baws you big useless c**t.

7 hours ago, DunkeldRoad01 said:

There are people in our support who genuinely rate this guy too. Not only is he shite, his attitude is absolutely abysmal. Seeing him with the captains armband - moaning at other people every time he misplaced a pass then berating the goalkeeper for a mistake was an absolute embarrassment. Meanwhile we have an intelligent footballer in Stevie May who always shows the right attitude and fight sitting in the stands - you try to rationalise everything that’s going on and give the manager time and the benefit of the doubt but there are a hell of a lot of major concerns at the moment. 

I had hoped from MacPherson that the small flashes he showed when he first came in, would turn into something more, but it really hasn't.

As you say, it's not only ability, it is attitude. Prime example was right at the end if the game. Gives away a cheep foul while Alloa were taking the ball to the corner. Moans at ref (which kills time), then after free kick is taken, fouls again, moans at ref again (killing even more time), then hides.

6 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

I had hoped from MacPherson that the small flashes he showed when he first came in, would turn into something more, but it really hasn't.

As you say, it's not only ability, it is attitude. Prime example was right at the end if the game. Gives away a cheep foul while Alloa were taking the ball to the corner. Moans at ref (which kills time), then after free kick is taken, fouls again, moans at ref again (killing even more time), then hides.

Macpherson must’ve shot his load when he realised he was getting an extension. He’d be lucky to see 90 in the WOSFL. 

Having slept on last night’s debacle here are my thoughts 

Positives - Liam Parker looked ok when he came on

Sidibe and Kimpioka could be a great partnership if only our manager gave it a chance to develop 

Negatives - Levein said he was undecided if he needed an experienced goalkeeper. Last night surely made up his mind. If we go into the league with Rae as our number one then we will be on the wrong end of some tankings.

MacPherson is head and shoulders our best central midfielder and if that doesn’t give you the fear nothing will as he has already shown he’s nowhere near the standard required.

Connor Smith and McPake. Where to start. I always feel players find their level. Can only assume the reason they haven’t found theirs is because we haven’t played a pub team yet.

Matt Smith - was on the pitch for about 20 minutes before even touching the ball. Probably managed about 5 touches overall in 45 minutes.

Essel- from where I was standing I couldn’t see what the sending off was for. Having seen the video I’m still not sure it’s a red. However I said to someone before the game that he’s a player who will get suspensions. Question is whether you accept that style of play or try to temper it and find out that he’s not up to it.

This team was very much Levein’s. 8 of the starting 11 were signed by him so he can’t really blame anyone else. I absolutely never wanted him. Didn’t want him when Macca was sacked. Didn’t want him after the Motherwell win. Don’t want him now. 

One last thing. Last season Colin Steven was the worst referee in the top flight by some distance. Last night showed he won’t give up that title without a fight 

12 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Thought exactly the same at the time about those fouls at the end of the game. It’s the attitude and lack of self awareness that really angers more than anything with him and seeing him being rewarded for that with the captains armband is unbelievable. 

Don’t think anyone believes Stevie May is the saviour but he’s got a football brain and a good attitude which can’t be said for a lot of the players in our squad at the moment. 

Just now, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

We're pish. 

Starting to think people are turning Stevie May into the second coming of Ronaldo though. 

Settle down folks. 

Sprangler is too, really. I've been as bad as anyone for talking him up but it really is a case of the less he plays the better he is.

Someone compared him to Paul Paton and once you see that you just don't unsee it.

Last nights starting eleven from this stage last year was all new apart from possibly Cammy McPherson.

That is a huge upheaval and is it not the case that last night when we needed someone to take charge on the pitch there was no Murray Davidson or Liam Craig type player. 

A Sprangler-Essel partnership is something that you’d love to see working. In reality, it would just mean that the team have no control of the ball at any point.

As mentioned previously, MacPherson is a guaranteed starter at the moment and that is a terrifying downgrade on last season. 

The irony is that our strikers are the only area of real quality in the squad, yet we continuously play an ultra-negative style of football.

Edited by The Real Saints

27 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sprangler is too, really. I've been as bad as anyone for talking him up but it really is a case of the less he plays the better he is.

Someone compared him to Paul Paton and once you see that you just don't unsee it.

Would honestly take 10 paul patons over most of what we saw last night though, at least we wouldn’t be outfought by a team 2 leagues below us (no disrespect to Alloa) 

Tbh I think judging sven on last night is pretty unfair, his first appearance this season after injury and he looked very rusty. Think he’ll improve again with games. 

Having seen it back and where the video isn't clear I think Essels maybe been stitched up a bit by experienced lads at Alloa. The guy on the floor pulls at his leg and the doesn't even react when stamped as if he knows it's an accident, it's only when the second lads comes in. That said, could equally have done it. 

The comments here didn't even prepare me for the third, although more the fault of the defender trying to ride Rae like a pony. 

54 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Starting to think people have convinced themselves Stevie May into the second coming of Ronaldo though. 

Settle down folks. 

He's not a second coming, he's already here, and he's much better than the available options.

So until that changes, instead of punting him, he should be chosen ahead of McPake, Connor Smith or Steven.