Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

So since Cami's retweet, amongst the Saints support we now have,

Genuine people who cannot support the club while he's there and depending on the hierarchies viewpoint maybe not again?

Folk who'll boo Cami's every touch because of his views.

Folk who'll boo him because he's always been shite and his views only exaggerate their anger.

Folk who think he's been a bit daft and the matter is now dealt with.

Folk who think he's right and don't see a problem.

Folk who think he is right and if you don't agree you're the problem.

Folk who don't give a f**k about any of it, he's a footballer, play football.

And probably a few other viewpoints in between. 

Anyone who can't see there being further issues in the support is blind.

9 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Genuine people who cannot support the club while he's there and depending on the hierarchies viewpoint maybe not again?

Folk who'll boo him because he's always been shite and his views only exaggerate their anger.

Folk who think that Geoff's grandson is the problem. 

Folk who think you're a moon rocket.

*last one might just be me tbh🤣

Edited by The Marly

Just now, The Marly said:

Folk who think that Geoff's grandson is the problem. 

Folk who think you're a moon rockets. 

*last one might just be me tbh🤣

If you think I'm more than one rocket then I'm either very good at rocketing or you may have issues yourself....

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

And here is the major problem. He has driven a massive wedge between the support. I'd say 80% plus fall into the top 3 buckets, but it will be interesting the reactions if/when he ever plays again. When some boo him, are other fans going to have a go at them?

For me, just don't play him again and get him away to someone on loan if we can. Not as of we are going to be missing anything on the pitch. 

Edited by Theyellowbox

5 hours ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Can't comment as to why others down voted you. 

However:

- your post contained one of Putin's talking points. 

- to the extent I understood the rest of your post, it seemed to be complaining about things that haven't happened. 

-Keltjens' social media is pretty clean of IDF content and I'm not aware of him saying anything offensive. If he's had the common sense to hide whatever political views he may (or may not) have then we can probably park worrying about it for the time being. 

- for the reasons above, we don't need to worry about Max posting pro-Nazi content. Suggesting he might is pretty f**king rank imo. 

I’m not complaining but I’ll take your point that unless it happens, and since it hasn’t happened for the duration of their time at Saints, then there should not  be too much worry. 
I do not follow footballers social media for the reasons I’ve stated I’m glad to hear Keltjen’s is pretty clean. There are plenty of Jews in the UK that campaign against what is happening in Gaza etc, but the majority in Israel are pro.

That is a red line for me. I see too much every day.

Max is young and has been out of Ukraine for a while but that doesn’t mean , out of ignorance he could post support for many of the insidious groups operating and glorified in Ukraine. A Putin talking point or not, it doesn’t matter, they are there, have a lot of power and are way worse than Tommy Robinson’s sick crew. Some have even been to the UK parliament. 

There are levels of awareness, knowledge and current cultural acceptability on different issues as Random alluded to previously, all of which are divisive in some nature.

Just get get all the players to shut up so we can concentrate in berating them for their footballing ability and not their moral decrepitude or intelligence 

Just now, perthsaint1977 said:

I sense the seethe come 3pm could be off the scale 

My take is

He's starting, we know he is.

A few will boo, followed by a few who try to drown out the boos. Then c***s will openly get behind the wee w****r. There'll be no violence or arguing among fans because let's be honest the people who will be at Killie at £30 a pop are the happy clappers who would follow the club if Pol Pot was in midfield.

Next home game will be a tad different.

53 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Screenshot_20240811_132200_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5a98835a03bd78da677397403caeb25d.jpg

1 hour ago, perthsaint1977 said:

MacPherson starting clearly raises significant questions about Levein's judgement as a manager, not only in terms of the division within the playing group with frozen out players looking on, the increased risk of unnecessary distration that could jeopardise the performance / result today, and a very big up yours to supporters!

It will demonstrate a horrible arrogance by Levein. At the very least, MacPherson should have been dropped today to at least defuse the situation, but instead has made this game all about MacPherson rather than the team and giving ourselves the best chance of getting a result.

Player bigger than the club now, it seems - done with Levein and done with MacPherson.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

the people who will be at Killie at £30 a pop are the happy clappers who would follow the club if Pol Pot was in midfield.

This is the most insulting thing anybody’s ever said about me.