Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Stevie May produced so many important goals during both his spells, always worked hard for the team and contributed to all of our three cup successes. A brilliant player for us and wish him all the best for the future. The  second goal against Aberdeen in the Scottish cup semi final will always be a favourite but there were loads of great moments. 

19 minutes ago, Radford said:

I'm the same. I was actually less worried about him during the early League Cup games (where he made a couple of mistakes) than I have been since the league campaign got going.

Accept he has a very hard act to follow right now though.

Scouting reports on him before he signed was he made too many elementary mistakes that cost goals. Not seen anything so far to suggest these reports are wrong 

Rae reminds me of Clark in his early breakthrough tbh. I'd like a Mannus in to compete with him in a similar way.

It's the only attendance that isn't on the SPFL website so presumably some fiddling is going on to pretend it wasn't as small as reported initially (~24k)

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's the only attendance that isn't on the SPFL website so presumably some fiddling is going on to pretend it wasn't as small as reported initially (~24k)

24k sounds generous as well.

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

1 hour ago, The Marly said:

The Scotsman says the crowd was over 38000 on Saturday.  Utter shite obviously,  but half of the gate belongs to us so we'll accept it was. 

20240821_134833.jpg

If they want to give us the cash that reflects that figure, they can say whatever they like.

In reality, I'd be astonished if it was half of that.

6 minutes ago, perthsaints99 said:

If they want to give us the cash that reflects that figure, they can say whatever they like.

In reality, I'd be astonished if it was half of that.

Thinking the same. There was 500 in our section 

There wasn't another 48x our section filled. 

53 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm surprised that there isn't an app that can count crowds from a photo (maybe a panoramic view). AI should be able to identify faces reasonably accurately. Or maybe such an app already exists? Either way, the days of guesstimating from the stands should be long gone and it should be easy to challenge the turnstiles/dodgy accountants.

I know this is basically going over old ground, but there’s def a tinge of sadness to the way that the three players that won three cups with us have left. May’s departure being confirmed as a part of bigger article about transfers isn’t quite on a par with the Spoony and O’halloran listicle but it’s still not great.

Def been done to death but the entire double squad being away so quickly, compared to the gradual transition away from the 2014 squad is so so stark.

All the best to Stevie, a really wonderful player in his first spell and a really clever player in his second spell. A real club legend who I think has left us at the right time. Doesn't mean it's not a sad day - a three time champ out the door always will be - but at least it's not dragged on they way it could've done.

I trust Levein to reinvest intelligently, certainly far more than I did Davidson and Maclean. 

With May leaving, it's the first time since 2014 we've no one on the books that has won a trophy with the club. 

It took 10 years to have no one from the 2014 and only 3 years from the double. Crazy turn over. 

23 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

With May leaving, it's the first time since 2014 we've no one on the books that has won a trophy with the club. 

It took 10 years to have no one from the 2014 and only 3 years from the double. Crazy turn over. 

Depends how pedantic you want to be, I guess. Sinclair and Ferguson were making squads in the double season, with Ferguson playing briefly.

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Depends how pedantic you want to be, I guess. Sinclair and Ferguson were making squads in the double season, with Ferguson playing briefly.

They didn't win a trophy. 

8 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Met him. He's plenty of energy anyway.

Agree. He is full of good ideas and will bring some real energy to the role. Only met him a couple of times and both times gave the vibe of someone who will give his all to get done what is needed.