Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, steviemay17 said:

If we're looking for a veteran goalkeeper who's also moving into potential coaching like Steve Banks when we had him then David Marshall would actually be a decent shout

Is retired and working as part of the recruitment team at Hibs now.

Can’t imagine he’d move from a job like at this stage of his career.

8 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Not sure if joke or not, but means without club.

Genuinely had no idea what it meant.

2 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

We won't have a sell on as we didn't sell him. He left and spent a couple of months out of contract. 

Yes remembered this after I posted, completely forgot he’d moved on at the end of his contract.

Just for a laugh - so I can bookmark it and laugh at the arseholes that say the one that eventually falls into obscurity would be better - who'll ultimately have the better career out of Sidibeh and Kimpioka?

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Just for a laugh - so I can bookmark it and laugh at the arseholes that say the one that eventually falls into obscurity would be better - who'll ultimately have the better career out of Sidibeh and Kimpioka?

Mackenzie Kirk is the OTW. 

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Do we have a crystal ball?

Kimpioka is a better footballer, by that I mean reads the game better and can beat a man. Sidibeh has more brute strength but doesn't always read the game properly. They're both rapid. If they improve on their current failings they can both do better than the Scottish Premiership. 

Sidibeh has the better attributes and style of play for making it to the top.

Kimpioka is a better footballer and understands the game better, so is better suited to making it to the top.

It hinges entirely on what they do as a next move. Right club and they can go fairly high IMO, wrong club and they won't.

Honestly surprised Kucheriavyi is allowed to go, not because he's too good, just because Levein seemed obsessed with him last season. Another nice thing to see that he's pretty brutal about getting players out that aren't performing though.

Furthers the idea he just didn't want a lot of the squad we had last season so was just willingly playing those from a small pool.

Not a shock about Max or Parker but leaves us very short of numbers in central areas. Assuming he doesn't rate Olufunwa, that only leaves 3 centre halves and centre midfield is only slightly better. 

Neilson and Keltjens' versatility helps a bit but think these moves suggest that a centre mid and centre half are close. 

Yeah Max would have really benefited from Championship loan last season, let's him build on his previous loan to Falkirk with the plan of him pushing for first team football this season. 

Hope deals are done soon and we aren't left short in areas.

Kucheriavyi, Steven, Olufunwa and Connor Smith out (the last two permanently) and I don't think the squad is impacted too much and it gives us the space to bring in what we still need. Hopefully a busy last 6 days ahead 

I hope that Levein, given his decision re Max - sure it would've been a tough one for Levein given his footballing relationship to Max, - will do similar regards Connor Smith and Josh McPake.

Sometimes signings don't work, and if Levein is ruthless enough to get rid of those two players (most likely loans given length of contracts), then it shows he acknowledges both have been unsuccessful, have not worked out and moves them on.

Hopefully a busy week ahead - as long as it doesn't involve Adama and Benji.

McPake needs to stay if Steven goes, IMO. We can't go that low on numbers in terms of wingers if we genuinely want to be flexible with shapes.

Can write him off this early if we want but I'd rather him sitting on the bench and playing 200 minutes a season while Steven played 30 Championship games, than punting McPake and keeping Steven, then never playing him.

If McPakes on as low a wage as rumoured - appreciate it’s still a wage and the rumour might also be shite - then I’m fine to have him sticking about as a squad option to tide us over until Steven is ready.