Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

12 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

The first week he was here Davidson was in the papers describing him as an energetic box to box midfielder.

I remember reading something like that, then watching clips of him in Australia on WyScout and just laughing.

7 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

The first week he was here Davidson was in the papers describing him as an energetic box to box midfielder. A few days later Butterfield was in the paper talking about how he couldn't get around the park as he used to. 

I was in Newcastle a few weekends ago and went along to see Gateshead play and Butterfield played well playing number 10 behind a striker. They beat Ebbsfleet (who were shite) 5-1. Still managing to get himself decent transfers as they are top end of the National League.

Considering we only have one left-back and zero satisfactory goalkeepers in total, I have no idea why Levein is so fixated on prioritising another central defender.

Anyway, Holt is a good signing and possibly the missing piece of the puzzle in an outfield sense.

Holt is the one I asked for weeks back. Just a sensible consistent reliable signing.

Does nothing spectacular. But can pass, tackle, get up and down the park to support strikers and track back to defend, can keep a shape and do the job he’s asked to do. 

A steady proven centre midfielder at our level.

Good signing if it comes off.

As others said the other week we were always going to sign combative type player for in the middle of the park based on how we play. 

There will be those who moan no matter who we sign but it seems most are reasonably fine with this one. 

Really concerned about Rae though 😬

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

Someone mentioned him recently, but I wonder if Remi Matthews would consider returning, or if we considered asking.

He’d still get his massive wages from Palace but get to have a kick about at the weekend with the lads. f**k it he could even train down there half the week. 

It’d keep him match fit and agreed recalled if one of their keepers got injured.

He was a fairly consistent unspectacular keeper last time for us, and if there’s no one else out there available I’d take him back.

Holt is one of those very 'meh' signings that no-one will get excited about but adds something massive to your current midfield and will be invaluable for the likes of Essel to learn from and is such a typical, steady St Johnstone signing that'll see you safe IMO.

14 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Holt is one of those very 'meh' signings that no-one will get excited about but adds something massive to your current midfield and will be invaluable for the likes of Essel to learn from and is such a typical, steady St Johnstone signing that'll see you safe IMO.

Good post. Now post it on the banter page. 

Just now, PSJ.84 said:

Good post. Now post it on the banter page. 

You still need a competent keeper, I'd forgotten about that aspect tbf. Josh Rae ain't keeping you lads up.