Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Clean slate. We back the new manager. Maybe Rangers in the first game isn’t ideal, we might lose badly to a team that’s starting to come together but the international break is when the new manager looks at those players and decides who belongs. I hope they step up permanently, not just for a couple of weeks to try and impress the new man. 
And I hope he can spot a gutless diddy and do something about it

I'd stop going if they get the East. I can barely deal with the amount there is when we get horsed but you invite even more in then you're just not even pretending to have home advantage.

I hope Lynch did watch that too. Scale of the task laid bare and some outed themselves as either miles off it or too weak willed to be any use.

GK and defence just levels below what we need.

Let’s hope it’s more than just a new manager coming in over the next couple of weeks. This squad needs a starting goalkeeper and centre half minimum to stay competitive until January and let’s hope we don’t get many injuries to some of our better players. Was happy to see McGowan go in the summer as thought we needed to upgrade on him - would take him back in a second though compared to some of this current lot. 

To be fair I think Celtic will do that to a few teams this season. Some of the goals they scored tonight they'd score against anyone in this league. When we play Celtic we need a full strength side that are at their best, Celtic to be off it and a bit of luck. We don't have that at the minute.

Any time you play Celtic that can happen but the very least you expect is our team to compete, play hard , win their fair share of tackles and make it difficult for them. This lot did none of that.

When Levein was punted he said that he’d left a good squad. Quite honestly the only guys he signed that I’d keep are Kimpioka, Sidibe, Kirk and Holt.The rest are 2nd division level at best. The depths we have sunk as a club is summed up in Kjeltens being able to run faster with the ball than McPake did without it. Don’t know how much we’re paying McPake but whatever it is, it’s too much.

Can only hope that Lynch somehow can keep us within touch of the rest at Christmas and then is given a decent budget to get players in. A goalie and a minimum of 4 defenders are required. Beginning to think that going down might not be the worst outcome as it would give a new manager the opportunity to build a squad without any real pressure on him.

14 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Row of Celtic fans behind me at the scoreboard end of the East Stand too. They were no bother at all but somebody’s obviously bought them their tickets. 

I questioned Saints' comments around "you'll be banned if you buy Celtic fans tickets" earlier in the week to be told I was wrong and it's easy to spot who bought them etc etc. 

Hmm...

The new scoreboard appears to be merely an advertising tool and adds nothing to the fan’s experience. What’s the point in displaying the live game when we are watching it and there are no replays. If it brings in extra revenue then fair enough but all it does for me is brighten up a rather dull corner. 

10 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I questioned Saints' comments around "you'll be banned if you buy Celtic fans tickets" earlier in the week to be told I was wrong and it's easy to spot who bought them etc etc. 

Hmm...

It certainly wouldn’t have been easy to spot these guys. Not dressed in Celtic colours, singing songs or cheering goals etc. It was only their chatting as the game went on that gave them away. Has still cross my mind about contacting the club about it though. 

The main thing at the minute is although we are awful we are not getting left behind which is amazing. Dundee are only two points ahead for example and neither Killie or Hearts have won a game.

We need new direction and a big centre -half. Thought Sinclair did a lot better tonight even losing six goals.

28 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Our captain is a f**king coward and all. Send him back to County. 

I did wonder about his "injury", the moment Celtic started getting going and ripping his side of defence open.

Probably unfair though.

54 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Row of Celtic fans behind me at the scoreboard end of the East Stand too. They were no bother at all but somebody’s obviously bought them their tickets. 

Thought was the FCU area?

Did anyone report them?  It will never stop if folk do not take action to highlight it to the club.

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

I'd just give them the east stand to be honest. Makes little difference to the saints fans who actually go as they'd still only half fill the main stand. 

I don’t think it would make much difference in terms of supporter experience  as you’d have them in 3 stands rather than the current 2 1/2. 

Adam Webb has communicated regularly to Saints fans, so if he came out and said we’re giving them the East Stand as this will raise an extra e.g. £50k per game which will go into the managers budget for new players then you could see the benefit.  Let’s be honest we’re never selling them ourselves against the OF, it’s just not an enticing prospect until we (hopefully one day) become competitive.

Celtic defenders are really prepared to foul and be physical whenever we looked to have a break on. They’re always going to be better, but why can’t we be as aggressive as them? Why don’t our players want to go in hard and be prepared to hurt them?  It’s as if the majority of our players are scared to upset them.

I’d prefer we have a run out to one of our youngsters up front than Josh mcpake. He brings nothing, is unfit and slow and needs to be disregarded as a first team option, unfortunately nowhere near good enough. 

2 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

why can’t we be as aggressive as them? Why don’t our players want to go in hard and be prepared to hurt them?

Because the referee gives them a free kick and books you.

Scales played exactly the same for Aberdeen against us as he did tonight (bear hugs at every aerial ball, pulling shirts/arms every time a player goes past him) yet never gave away a free kick all night whereas for Aberdeen he was punished and booked.

25 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

Thought was the FCU area?

Did anyone report them?  It will never stop if folk do not take action to highlight it to the club.

Probably along the row of white seats at the top of the T. Don't think it was reported at the time.