Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Saints must've had about 3 or 4 physios in 40 years until Nick Summersgill left. Since then there have been enough that this list will undoubtedly have forgotten someone? Frank Kenny, Fearghal Kerin, John Kerr, Scott Williams and Tony Tompos. All since about 2010.

Hardly ideal.

18 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Yes people are going overboard with criticism and abuse hurled at players. Personally I don't want Wright sacked etc either. 

What I dont agree with though is "but they're legends" arguement then makes them exempt from criticism. 

Players can't continue to be selected while continuously under performing regardless of past success. 

People are not getting angry with the manager and players simply because of defeats, its the manner of the defeats. 

Nobody's saying anyone is above criticism. There's a world of difference between saying ' I think he's not been playing that well and would prefer to see someone else start" and "he's fucking shite and completely past it, wish he'd f**k off"

4 minutes ago, Radford said:

Saints must've had about 3 or 4 physios in 40 years until Nick Summersgill left. Since then there have been enough that this list will undoubtedly have forgotten someone? Frank Kenny, Fearghal Kerin, John Kerr, Scott Williams and Tony Tompos. All since about 2010.

Hardly ideal.

I wonder if that's just the nature of the beast though.  Are we seen as a stepping stone into full time football, whereby after getting some experience on their cv, they look to go to a bigger club and salary as soon as a vacancy opens up?

Did many of those listed move onto 'bigger' clubs? 

17 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

Back in the 1970s it was the other way around – the physio wielded such power that one actually managed Saints for a few games

#bringbackjimpeacock

Times have changed though. They no longer need to bring their own bucket and sponge. They're all spoiled rotten nowadays. #AMF (anti modern fysios)

17 minutes ago, Radford said:

The Scotland physio is Michael McBride but that's another to add to the list.

Did that Kerin not end up there? I'm sure I seen him on the bench in the Qualifiers

Scrap that, just seen a picture of him and I'm thinking of completely the wrong guy. Turns out its McBride I'm thinking of (he has glasses)

Edited by RandomGuy.

12 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Scott Williams ?? No he was not dreadful 

Did the physio before Tompos mot misdiagnose an injury or two?

32 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

You lot really are in trouble if you lose to County and Dundee

We're already in trouble. 15 points gained in our last 19 league games. Thankfully the first 5 games happened or we'd be adrift already.

18 minutes ago, Kyle said:

We're already in trouble. 15 points gained in our last 19 league games. Thankfully the first 5 games happened or we'd be adrift already.

When the Titanic hit the iceberg, would you have jumped over the port or starboard side?

We are in a battle but if the players throw the towel in like some fans, including my good friend above, have, we are doomed.

3 minutes ago, Radford said:

When the Titanic hit the iceberg, would you have jumped over the port or starboard side?

We are in a battle but if the players throw the towel in like some fans, including my good friend above, have, we are doomed.

I've not said anything in the post above that isn't fact. We have picked up 15 points in our last 19 league games. Replicate that over a season and it's 30 points we'd get which is almost certain relegation.

Looks to me that the players have given in, seeing as they're downing tools as soon as we fall behind.

Quite, such is the success that saints have had recently that at the first sign of real trouble or threat of anything other than top flight Football the fans have panicked and started blaming everyone left right and centre.

I’m not suggesting Kyle and the likes have done that, but there definitely are others out there. Nows the time to actually get behind the team and try and show them a bit of passion and fight exists amongst the fans, which they should replicate on the pitch. Everyone is culpable in this, a support base should “support” during the bad times and the good. I think we’ve all just got used to expecting a certain standard that we’ve forgotten how to scrap properly.