Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Pleased to see the club decide to not take the easy route with Ando and Muzz's contract clauses. 

Tying both down for two years allows a new core to form without the old one being gone completely. Hopefully in two years we can look at some of the current squad as being the basis of the next "era". Players like Clark, Shaughnessy and Kerr. 

39 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Looking forward to Saturday big man? I for one, can’t fucking wait.

Don't think I'm going to go. The burds still moaning about it, I've told her to take her cousin. I really just cannot be arsed with Noel, that last time was boring as f**k. Simple Minds will be the best act of the day.

Part of me wouldn't have found it the end of the world if Anderson had moved on but given the manager's comments, he's obviously pleased he's staying. Two years is a fair commitment though and I'd hate for him to sour his relationship with the fans if his form isn't the best. Going on his terms when he was still making a contribution could have been a good scenario and would also have allowed the manager to seek out possibly a more dominant centre back to compliment what we have, although I appreciate we'd have been behind the game on that front as it clearly isn't a position that TW was intending to fill.

The goalkeeper situation is a strange one. Mackenzie has a couple of years on Hurst and either of them is only going to be third choice, with a loan most likely. Where is that for Hurst though? He's 23 this year and couldn't hold down a regular game at East Fife.

Good to have everything sorted though after the drama with Scobbie last summer. We are pretty well placed in that the manager only wants four players and knows exactly what positions for.

Don't think I'm going to go. The burds still moaning about it, I've told her to take her cousin. I really just cannot be arsed with Noel, that last time was boring as f**k. Simple Minds will be the best act of the day.

Stop being a little bitch and get to the gig! Going to be a cracker, whole of town will be there and there’s supposed to be a heatwave. It’s going to be glorious.

2 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Stop being a little bitch and get to the gig! Going to be a cracker, whole of town will be there and there’s supposed to be a heatwave. It’s going to be glorious.

:lol:

I've said it since she got tickets, "f**k being stuck in a field with half of Perth listening to that boring shite", were my exact words. Her being a massive Noel fandan didn't really take it that well :lol:. The highlights of his gig at the Hydro were the Oasis numbers, I've heard that there's only 3 on this set list. f**k that.

I see Saints fans on twitter still going on about how Tommy should go...

Why are our fans mentally ill? Our fans have started to act like finishing 8 is an under achievement, this devine right attitude to be 4th really frustrates me - it shouldnt just be expected. Particularly with our budget its extremely difficult to maintain over achievement every year. 

Moan over. 

14 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

I see Saints fans on twitter still going on about how Tommy should go...

Why are our fans mentally ill? Our fans have started to act like finishing 8 is an under achievement, this devine right attitude to be 4th really frustrates me - it shouldnt just be expected. Particularly with our budget its extremely difficult to maintain over achievement every year. 

Moan over. 

Quite a justified moan I'd say. Check this guy out.

4 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Quite a justified moan I'd say. Check this guy out.

Fwiw he's not a Saints fan. His profile is full of "free palestine" type chat and videos of Celtic fans. 

15 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

We represent the North of Scotland as well as Glasgow
So what? Perthshire was a Midlands club when those areas were on the go. Get these weggie b*****ds to f**k....Famous Grouse should get their name back on Saints shirts.

The game's a Saturday in August so with no Prem fixtures out yet I wonder if they didn't want to take a chance even if the 'Old Firm money raising friendly' postponement rule is still a thing.  It'll be a new pitch too so having a rugby game on it would so soon probably wouldn't do it any good.

6 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

We represent the North of Scotland as well as Glasgow
So what? Perthshire was a Midlands club when those areas were on the go. Get these weggie b*****ds to f**k....Famous Grouse should get their name back on Saints shirts.

The game's a Saturday in August so with no Prem fixtures out yet I wonder if they didn't want to take a chance even if the 'Old Firm money raising friendly' postponement rule is still a thing.  It'll be a new pitch too so having a rugby game on it would so soon probably wouldn't do it any good.

I'm fairly sure that we once hosted a home game in the early afternoon (Ross County?) and then a Scotland rugby match in the evening.