Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Check out @St_Johnstone_FC’s Tweet:

£10 to bring a friend to the old firm games. 

17-20 year old season ticket prices. 

All good and well, I might be missing it but they continue to miss the most important detail, particularly for those who haven't bought one before. What is the Price of a season ticket! 

As I say I might be missing it but IMO you shouldn't make a potential new customer have to go hunting for the price - it gives them plenty opportunity to just not bother. 

I think they're hiding the price because they've gone up this year. In itself it seems like a strange decision seeing as we've had mostly price freezes during our better run on the park, but I suppose it was always going to happen eventually.

Edit: 40% of season ticket holders don't bother attending old firm games. Not in the least bit surprising.

Edited by Kyle

4 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I think they're hiding the price because they've gone up this year. In itself it seems like a strange decision seeing as we've had mostly price freezes during our better run on the park, but I suppose it was always going to happen eventually.

Edit: 40% of season ticket holders don't bother attending old firm games. Not in the least bit surprising.

Was my assumption too. 

By trying to hide the fact though will just piss people off more though instead of being open, up front and honest about the reasoning. 

Not "lets not mention it in the hope people don't realise". 

Exasperated to think the cost might be going up as it means walk-up prices will be at least £24.

Would the club not be better placed charging £4 for U12s, then you could drop adult prices back to £20, the absolute maximum anyone should be paying?

2 minutes ago, Radford said:

Exasperated to think the cost might be going up as it means walk-up prices will be at least £24.

Would the club not be better placed charging £4 for U12s, then you could drop adult prices back to £20, the absolute maximum anyone should be paying?

As a wise man told me earlier, anyone over the age of 20 and under pensioner age is subsidising all the freebies for everyone else.  

f**k it - I'm going to start following Pollok juniors.

9 minutes ago, Kyle said:

As a wise man told me earlier, anyone over the age of 20 and under pensioner age is subsidising all the freebies for everyone else.  

f**k it - I'm going to start following Pollok juniors.

^^^ junior w****r.

You're not daft enough Kyle.

That's a compliment by the way. 

Check out @St_Johnstone_FC’s Tweet:
£10 to bring a friend to the old firm games. 
17-20 year old season ticket prices. 
All good and well, I might be missing it but they continue to miss the most important detail, particularly for those who haven't bought one before. What is the Price of a season ticket! 
As I say I might be missing it but IMO you shouldn't make a potential new customer have to go hunting for the price - it gives them plenty opportunity to just not bother. 

Quite like the offers. I thought it was poor for a few years the lack of student offers so delighted with the extension of the age for reduced tickets. The club's concerns should be 1. keeping fans in the habit at spells when they traditionally drift away from the club and 2. Attracting new fans particularly as Perth continues to increase in size and this move obviously helps address no.1.

Regarding no.2 it's good also to see the club building on the good work done so far on the family section. I've seen a number of folk from family and work (with plenty from originally outside Perth) with no prior interest in saints starting to take kids to saints. This really is a long term investment and hope the club continues with it and shouts a bit more about the good it's doing. The club did a lot of school stuff after the cup win - hopefully see that increase again once the new roles filled.

5-10 years ago I think the club's engagement was slightly misguided. All the contact (secret seven etc) seemed to be to engaging mainly with the hardcore we already have. While the club obviously have to cater to this group too, I don't necessary listening to complaints about smoking areas, blue seats etc are necessary the priority for the club.

The return of the FCU is a positive move too. Not really my "thing" as such but they undoubtedly improve match days at McDiarmid. Hopefully the relationship is more positive going forward with both sides not so quick to lose the rag with the other.

2 hours ago, ali_91 said:

That Old Firm offer is mixed.

Positive that it means their scummy fans get shafted with the high prices but all/most Saints fans will be subsidised by the scumbags, negative that it means their mutant Perth based fans might come and watch Saints play against the other lot. 

19-20 is decent, and about time really, just hope it’s not at the price of knocking up patg/season tickets, but obviously looks like it will be. 

To be fair it does state £10 entry for a Saints supporting friend.

Any season ticket holder that's allowing a pal along that supports either cheek instead of an actual Saints fan is an absolute cock sniffer and should be promptly chucked in the fiery furnace next door

Shitting myself over this BLK deal. 3 years. Will it be another 3 years of shame? BLK’s Facebook doesn’t fill me with much joy. The statement from them is encouraging though. We can only hope they produce a decent kit that’s not going to be another complete embarrassment.

Good know that Richard, the BLK/RU Active head chappie has driven past St Johnstone's home year after year on his way to Aberdeen. I take it he means Perth, as he zoomed past on the bypass.  

2.jpg.f32ac4e169d422345d261e9f5e592377.jpg

RU Active. No, obviously not.

Good know that Richard, the BLK/RU Active head chappie has driven past St Johnstone's home year after year on his way to Aberdeen. I take it he means Perth, as he zoomed past on the bypass.  
2.jpg.f32ac4e169d422345d261e9f5e592377.jpg

RU Active. No, obviously not.

If there’s any positives to take from this deal it’s that we’ve got a good Aberdeen man on board.

12 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Any chance for a Perth Derby soon with the news that Jeanfield have applied to join the EOS League?

Do EOS teams get into the Challenge Cup these days? 

Just now, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Pretty sure its only the 2 teams who reached the playoff who get into challenge (and league?) cup. Could be wrong though

I don't pay too much attention to it anymore, tbh. That or the Scottish seem the most realistic way, but think they'd have to win the EOS for that. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I don't pay too much attention to it anymore, tbh. That or the Scottish seem the most realistic way, but think they'd have to win the EOS for that. 

They'd have to win the East of Scotland league to gain promotion. Then win the Lowland league after that. 

Unlikely I imagine as they've not exactly conquered the junior world prior to now.