Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

15 minutes ago, Kyle said:

That should bring The Real Saints to about the 5 foot mark.

My self-deprecating humour is a defence mechanism designed to limit the amount of people who feel the need to make hurtful comments. You should be ashamed of yourself.

3 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

My self-deprecating humour is a defence mechanism designed to limit the amount of people who feel the need to make hurtful comments. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Sorry m8 - I can't hear you from way down there.

That's Cerny left Partick. Horrible feeling we'll go after him as the "experienced" option to challenge Clark. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

That's Cerny left Partick. Horrible feeling we'll go after him as the "experienced" option to challenge Clark. 

The Thistle fans on their thread seem to think he's heading to Finland.

Just now, senorsoupe said:

The Thistle fans on their thread seem to think he's heading to Finland.

Good. I couldn't deal with his time wasting every week, genuinely awful stuff. 

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

The Jailender on Twitter reckons we’re speaking to Marcus Fraser... not sure what to think about that. 

I think he played mostly as a right back for them? With the odd game central. A replacement for Watson, but one who should actually be fit. 

If it happens it probably confirms that Comrie will be loaned out or sold.

7 minutes ago, Widge said:

Fraser’s a massive shitebag, no thanks.

Positive thoughts only pls.

He was their captain for spells last season, had played right across their backline, and has over 120 top flight games at the age of 23.

Versatile too. I’m more worried it means we’ve received as offer for Kerr and he’s leaving, hence the need to bring in another defender. 

If it means Mr Angry or Comrie are going out, I’m all for it. 

28 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Versatile too. I’m more worried it means we’ve received as offer for Kerr and he’s leaving, hence the need to bring in another defender. 

If it means Mr Angry or Comrie are going out, I’m all for it. 

To me, it suggests more that Comries on the way. His complete no show in squads, behind Keith Watson, at the end of last season seemed like TW has made his mind up.

Its a definitely a case of just waiting for Kerr to leave though, TWs already talking him alongside Souttar, Lindsay and Hendry, so getting over £1m for him has to be the target. Whether thats up front or not. And 100% get some sell on clause in there, even if it means taking a smaller amount just now.

5 minutes ago, Kyle said:

We won’t be bold enough to hold out for a million. We’ll go down the Thistle route and accept the first ‘decent’ offer we get. 

I dunno. Can't really remember how the May affair was handled tbh. Im sure we rejected at least nine five figure bids from Peterborough though, solely because their chairman kept exploding about it on Twitter.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I dunno. Can't really remember how the May affair was handled tbh. Im sure we rejected at least nine five figure bids from Peterborough though, solely because their chairman kept exploding about it on Twitter.

The way things have panned out we did OK with May, but at the time I didn't think it was a great deal. The top young forward in the country, a 27 goal season.  Add in the fact Utd got a couple of million around the same time for each of Armstrong, Gauld and Robertson, who were effectively at the same level.

I'd rather keep him until 6 months before his contract expires. We'd get a much lower fee, but it's not as if we'd see a fee spent on a replacement, or improvements to the stadium etc. So I'd rather enjoy watching one of our youth products playing well and developing in Saints' first team, rather than someone else's.  Not going to happen, I know.. we'll take any offer over a few hundred thousand for him probably.

Edited by PauloPerth