Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, 7-2 said:

Absolutely stunned to see Saints updating everyone about the home kit. Rumours of answering non-sales tweets too. I take it the new PR person started on Monday.

It's a bit hit and miss. BLK tweeted its the clubs responsiblity to announce the strips, the club announced the home strip will be revealed and released next week, and the date would be announced "very soon", and then there's been no mention of it for days. 

Same with how we got a couple of days of photos/updates/replies, and then a few days of complete silence. They've not even promoted the testimonial at all as far as I can see

It's a bit hit and miss. BLK tweeted its the clubs responsiblity to announce the strips, the club announced the home strip will be revealed and released next week, and the date would be announced "very soon", and then there's been no mention of it for days. 
Same with how we got a couple of days of photos/updates/replies, and then a few days of complete silence. They've not even promoted the testimonial at all as far as I can see
Believe they are not allowed to promote it and it has to be the testimonial committee who is responsible

5 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:
10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Believe they are not allowed to promote it and it has to be the testimonial committee who is responsible

Now you've said that I remember someone saying similar about Mackays. Surely they could retweet stuff though? 

Nine hours ago it was announced the half time entertainment would be the 98 Cup final squad v the 14 Cup final squad in a penalty shoot out, thats the type of thing that'll maybe swing people along, and it seems a shame a chunk of our fanbase might not be aware purely because they'll be looking at the official club stuff for details. 

16 hours ago, perthsaint1977 said:
17 hours ago, 7-2 said:
Absolutely stunned to see Saints updating everyone about the home kit. Rumours of answering non-sales tweets too. I take it the new PR person started on Monday.

Nope still not done interviews

That's interesting thanks. I wonder if BLK wrote it and asked Saints to put it out then. It was all that was needed to let fans enjoy their Thursdays again and not go to bed in tears of disappointment. Well done whoever did it.

Edited by 7-2

39 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:
44 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Seeing the contrast between the build up to Chris Millar’s match and Paul Hanlon’s for hibs is quite something. They’ve been bigging it up for weeks now - I think hibs have been retweeting stuff rather than posting it directly - and saints have hardly mentioned it. I’ve not seen much from the committee either. 

I hope Millar gets a good crowd but a home game against Aberdeen that looks quite expensive and that hasn’t been pushed (presumably the PA will run with stuff tomorrow which will hopefully help) doesn’t seem like a game our support will flock to. 

Wondering why a player like Andy Driver would be coming to us on trial, as its not as if he's an unknown. 

After a discussion with a mate, I wonder if Driver is purely a back up option who's asked to train with us to keep fit and try and impress, incase a deal for another left winger falls through.. 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wondering why a player like Andy Driver would be coming to us on trial, as its not as if he's an unknown. 

After a discussion with a mate, I wonder if Driver is purely a back up option who's asked to train with us to keep fit and try and impress, incase a deal for another left winger falls through.. 

Funny you should say that. Someone sent me a screenshot from the Banter page where someone is suggested ex Cardiff winger Matthew Kennedy is close to signing for Saints. 

Yeah... never heard of him either. Googled him, on the face of it he would seem a decent signing if true. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Funny you should say that. Someone sent me a screenshot from the Banter page where someone is suggested ex Cardiff winger Matthew Kennedy is close to signing for Saints. 

Yeah... never heard of him either. Googled him, on the face of it he would seem a decent signing if true. 

Ssssshhhh.

34 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

He was rumoured a few weeks/months ago tbf, seems to have been one of those highly rated Scottish youngsters who moved South too young and stunted themselves by being constantly loaned out. 

7 hours ago, Kyle said:

Njo-Lea has travelled back with Saints and may feature against Aberdeen. This makes the game a much more attractive proposition. 

Will Lyness feature too? 

Thought TW was just paying lip service when he talked about him impressing him, I highly doubt he'd have travelled from Switzerland if he hadn't actually impressed though. 

Smart idea to play him against Aberdeen too, it's still just a friendly but it should give a better idea of his ability than YouTube videos or matches against Arbroath. 

53 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Will Lyness feature too? 

Thought TW was just paying lip service when he talked about him impressing him, I highly doubt he'd have travelled from Switzerland if he hadn't actually impressed though. 

Smart idea to play him against Aberdeen too, it's still just a friendly but it should give a better idea of his ability than YouTube videos or matches against Arbroath. 

I had assumed Lyness would sign for Saints once the squad came back from Austria but he's not mentioned in the article. Wouldn't be too surprised if he signed at some stage today, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Anyone else see the club Facebook page saying that the away top had proved to be very popular? [emoji23] Everyone was pretty much in agreement that it is shite.

Home top is going to be a mess as well. I’m buy a blue Macron template shirt and stitch a Saints badge onto it in protest.

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

Anyone else see the club Facebook page saying that the away top had proved to be very popular? emoji23.png Everyone was pretty much in agreement that it is shite.

Home top is going to be a mess as well. I’m buy a blue Macron template shirt and stitch a Saints badge onto it in protest.

I think they'd know more than you tbf.

You buy your macron top and stick a badge on it you wee rebel you. Jamama the trendsetter, I'm away to buy a patented double straw.