Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

One of my abiding memories of the cup final is Mackay, heading for his own goal line in the last few minutes, turning and leaving GMS for dead. He must hate him [emoji1]

Sorry to be a dick, but it was Dow he dispossessed.

It's one of my favourite moments of the day that I only fully appreciated, and continue to do so, upon watching it back afterwards. 87:58 on the clock. On the BBC commentary, Steven Thompson let's out a sensational 'awwh' in amazement at Dave's sheer class.

Just now, Louis Litt said:

Frazer Wright winding up The Cannibal Kid will never become old. Top, top work.

Sure somebodies mentioned that he taught himself Turkish just so he could wind him up further :lol: It got to the point where Ciftci would purposely play on the wing to get away from him.

In my grief I mistakenly posted this in the Hearts match thread..

Mannus

Mackay           Anderson          Wright          Easton

O'Halloran     Millar       Dunne       Wotherspoon

Maclean          May

One more and it's over half the team gone. 

•  

Sorry to be a dick, but it was Dow he dispossessed.

It's one of my favourite moments of the day that I only fully appreciated, and continue to do so, upon watching it back afterwards. 87:58 on the clock. On the BBC commentary, Steven Thompson let's out a sensational 'awwh' in amazement at Dave's sheer class.

Indeed it was.

Think that was the moment when I realised that Saints were going to lift the trophy.

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

In my grief I mistakenly posted this in the Hearts match thread..

Mannus

Mackay           Anderson          Wright          Easton

O'Halloran     Millar       Dunne       Wotherspoon

Maclean          May

One more and it's over half the team gone. 

•  
  •  
  •  

You can include Watson and Paton though!

On 9/15/2016 at 17:35, RandomGuy. said:

I'd be surprised if we never found a role for Mackay. That won't stop folk making up numerous rumours about Steve Brown forcing him out the club in the intervening months before a new roles announced though.

Well when a member of the coaching staff tells you that Tommy wants to keep him as a coach but Brown favours negotiating a severance it's a bit more than making up a rumour.And that's not exactly "Forcing him out " is it 

St. Johnstone FC are delighted to be nominated for a prestigious award recognising McDiarmid Park as one of the best match day hospitality venues in the United Kingdom. Saints are finalists in the 'Best Football Club Hospitality’ category alongside Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester City of the English Premier League.

The Football Business Awards, held this year on the 3rd November at Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium, recognise and reward the hard work that takes place to support the success of the game. This is the national event at which all the achievements off the pitch are celebrated at the end of each year.

With an illustrious judging panel selected for their particular experience and expertise the Football Business Awards has grown into a significant annual football calendar event. The awards are becoming more and more difficult to win every year, and an increasingly valuable marketing badge for those who manage to do so.

Dave Ryan, Saints’ General Manager, said of the nomination: “St. Johnstone Football Club have been widely recognised for a long time for providing one of the best match day hospitality experiences in Scottish football, and we’re delighted to now receive this recognition on the UK stage. The fact that we’re the only Scottish club to make it as a finalist in this category speaks for itself.”

He added: “The excellent food, excellent service and high attention to detail are why I believe we are being compared with the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester City in this category.”

If you’re interested in booking match day hospitality at McDiarmid Park this season please email gemma@perthsaints.co.uk or call 01738 459093. You can also get more information on the hospitality section of our website by clicking HERE.