Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

We're apparently having a look at Marcus Haber. Am I right in saying he was utter garbage for you lot? His strike rate certainly doesn't inspire confidence.

Was okay then got his leg snapped in 2. 

Was never the same at us. 

47 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

We're apparently having a look at Marcus Haber. Am I right in saying he was utter garbage for you lot? His strike rate certainly doesn't inspire confidence.

42 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Was okay then got his leg snapped in 2. 

Was never the same at us. 

Was he not on trial at Utd?

Runs a lot, not good enough.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

I liked him, which doesnt say a lot.

He was very raw. Physically he had everything in terms of pace, strength and height. He had no idea how to use them though, and never seemed sure about where to position himself or what runs to make. His first touch varied between brilliant and terrible. He scored a cracker against Man United one pre-season, where he sprung the offside trap and slotted one under the keeper, and seemed to assume thats how he'd play all the time so ended up offside a lot.

His knee injury took some of his physical attributes down a notch, so you're left with, with the greatest respect, a tall, half paced, idiot.

TBF to him I think he only had a handful of Canadian games before joining West Brom then us, so he's maybe improved mentally since then. I'd doubt hes good enough to start at this level though.

Hi folks.  The Loons have signed one of your youngsters till January - midfield player Eoghan McCawl  - anyone know what type of midfielder he is?  central or wide, attacking or holding,  silky or kicker?  Just trying to work out where he'll fit in with us.

Cheers.

This has been gnawing away at me.

I know it's months away but I don't know if I could take the pain.

I genuinely believe he'll sign a new 2 year deal before xmas. Let's face it, his wife will probably tell him to.

This has been gnawing away at me.

I know it's months away but I don't know if I could take the pain.

Yup, we've seen this before.

Fairly sure Easton and Shaughnessy only have deals until the Summer aswell.

On 21 October 2016 at 15:45, dee_62 said:

Hi folks.  The Loons have signed one of your youngsters till January - midfield player Eoghan McCawl  - anyone know what type of midfielder he is?  central or wide, attacking or holding,  silky or kicker?  Just trying to work out where he'll fit in with us.

Cheers.

You'll need to get a response from someone who regularly watches the U20's.  If you go on the  we are Perth - saintschat  forum, there's a thread dedicated to the Development side, and a few of the regulars on there will be able to give you a better verdict.  He's been on the bench for the first team but never come on so far.

Here is a wee bit of info:

http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/team/eoghan-mccawl

5 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

So... Joe Gormley. It's all gone a bit quiet, eh?

Think he's fucked. In a never be the same player again type fucked. Shame as I was hoping he'd be the missing link and propel Saints to the title. Looks like we may have to settle for second this year unless Tommy can pull one out the bag in January . 

Scobes starts back on the bench today or next week do we think? Don't think it worth pushing Joe S back out right to accommodate Tam given how solid we've been at the back (for the most part)

The current back four is first choice now, Scobbie is, was, and always will be, a back up player.

Gormley had a broken nose, so was allowed to let it recover. I get the feeling Tams right though, he seemingly doesnt look the same player as the one we tried to sign a few years back.

The current back four is first choice now, Scobbie is, was, and always will be, a back up player.

Gormley had a broken nose, so was allowed to let it recover. I get the feeling Tams right though, he seemingly doesnt look the same player as the one we tried to sign a few years back.

Would you put it past Tommy to put Scobes back in tho?

Foster was signed as an emergency with plan for Joe S/Watson to fight it out for RB imo. As much as I agree Scobes should be nothing more than back up I feel if he hadn't got injured then he'd still be in first team at CB and Foster would be on bench ala Michael Doyle last year.

15 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Gormley apparently fallen out of love with football and is desperate to return back to Ireland. Expect his loan deal to be terminated before it expires.

Heard something similar but his issue is that FIFA rules prevent him playing professionally against this season, as he's already turned out for Peterborough and Saints.

Anybody know extent of Davidson's injury?

TW in the courier saying they'll find out the results of a scan on Monday but he doesn't think it looks good. Muzz heard a crack from his ankle during a non contact warm up routine