Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

We've got five games left, two are Motherwell and Kilmarnock, one is Livingston, and the other two against two sides fighting for their life in Dundee and St Mirren.

With no momentum I'm not sure we'll be winning all of those. Hibs seem to have quite a tough run in, as do Motherwell, though.

I suppose the point is it shouldn't be coming down to five games but it is what it is. We had 37 points at the end of January. I still don't think runs of form matter much. We have 38 points with five games left. It's not as nearly as good a position as 37 points with a dozen games remaining but you just look at the next game, as the old cliché goes. 

I imagine privately at the start of every season they have a target of about 44 points in mind for the top six and it's about reaching that by the point that matters, i.e. the split. That was probably adjusted upwards this season when it became clear there were going to be three teams with low totals at the split. All we are doing at the moment is making it harder for ourselves but the target is still there. It doesn't matter if you do/don't have x number of points after x number of games (our total at the end of January shows that), it's how many you have and where you are come the split that matters. 

It's the same for teams down the bottom. Last night will seem like a killer for Dundee (and there obviously is a psychological aspect that needs managed) but it doesn't matter if Accies win one week, St Mirren the next, Dundee the one after, it's where they are when the season ends and that's when every manager and team needs judged. 

Let's see where we are after five games, then again in May. 

We've got five games left, two are Motherwell and Kilmarnock, one is Livingston, and the other two against two sides fighting for their life in Dundee and St Mirren.
With no momentum I'm not sure we'll be winning all of those. Hibs seem to have quite a tough run in, as do Motherwell, though.

Is “all” a typo? Did you really mean any?

Hi folks, 

I’m working on a podcast with my mate, it’s called TalkLivi it’s at the very early stages of development and is currently only on Soundcloud if you want to have a look for it if anyone is into podcasts but that’s not why I’m here....

We’ve started a feature doing a preview of the upcoming game, our next game so happens to be yourselves, and I’m wondering if a St Johnstone fan would like to come on, just for a few minutes to help preview the game, so I’d ask just fairly simple questions like how have you been playing, any injuries, Suspensions, score prediction stuff like that. 

It can all be done over the phone, I’ll send you a link via email and all you need to do it click the link and it will open up a live chat which I can record over my laptop, if anyone is unsure it’s called clearfeed, check it out. 

Anyway if anyone fancies this please get in touch and we can arrange a time for a chat, it would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks for taking the time to read this and best of luck with the rest of the season. 

Edit to add that’s me got someone, thanks for your help. 

Edited by andylivi1

9 minutes ago, mizfit said:

So the council are still moaning at us I see.

They're absolutely pathetic. 

Apparently the sign on the North Stand "ruins the atmosphere of the crematorium and remembrance gardens". You know, the area of ground they've built a 20 foot wall around, is surrounded by trees and that's about half a mile away from the stadium.

Strange position we are now in. Had I been offered 38 from 28 in July I’d have jumped at it. Safety almost a guarantee. Only 3 points off 3rd. It’s just the nature of the loss of momentum this last 5/6 weeks that hurts. I genuinely think 11-12 points could seal it. If we can beat livi then you wouldn’t put it past this lot to go on another run. Financially you feel we probably need top 6 after the marquee signings / contract renewals.

27 minutes ago, The Woolshed said:

Strange position we are now in. Had I been offered 38 from 28 in July I’d have jumped at it. Safety almost a guarantee. Only 3 points off 3rd. It’s just the nature of the loss of momentum this last 5/6 weeks that hurts. I genuinely think 11-12 points could seal it. If we can beat livi then you wouldn’t put it past this lot to go on another run. Financially you feel we probably need top 6 after the marquee signings / contract renewals.

It's weird how a run of form can define the thoughts of fans, and the form of other clubs.

This season after 28 games - 11 wins - 38pts

Last season after 28 games - 9 wins - 33pts

16/17 - 11 wins - 40pts

15/16 - 11 wins -39pts

14/15 - 12 wins - 41pts

13/14 - 11 wins - 38pts

12/13 - 12 wins - 40 pts

So this season has been pretty much exactly how we've done in previous seasons where we've finished top half. I tend to sway towards thinking this is the strangest league weve been in, in terms of the teams around us seem to be the strongest they've been, while the teams at the bottom seem to be the weakest they've been, so itll take a record high number to make the top six this year.

In other words, we can improve on last season, miss out on the top six, and still be happy with how the seasons gone.

Edited by RandomGuy.

35 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

anyone on here happen to know who does the saints stats/players/data ect for footie manager?

Used to be @perthsaint1977 but I think he stopped doing it, not sure who does it now.

Wotherspoon being back as a natural CM tickles my tits, but looks like Kerr had a decent upgrade, I think.

It's just glorious not spending the first window frantically searching for a left winger these days.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Used to be @perthsaint1977 but I think he stopped doing it, not sure who does it now.

Wotherspoon being back as a natural CM tickles my tits, but looks like Kerr had a decent upgrade, I think.

It's just glorious not spending the first window frantically searching for a left winger these days.

that is true, its mainly the fact that bell and keowns loans havent been included, and mark hurst still out on loan somehow ? that and drey wright having a " runs with ball rarely" trait baffling 

44 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

that is true, its mainly the fact that bell and keowns loans havent been included, and mark hurst still out on loan somehow ? that and drey wright having a " runs with ball rarely" trait baffling 

I'll mention it on the SI forum and see if it can be changed.

@SGMilne dunno if you can help here?

Should have Cammy Bell and Niall Keown on season long loans, and Mark Hurst shouldn't be out on loan.

@steviemay17 I see you've done that :lol: I've used the editor to sort it so could share the file if you want it?

In the Workshop under St Johnstone Loans. Just loaded a game and it's working. - https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1670158146

Edited by RandomGuy.

35 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'll mention it on the SI forum and see if it can be changed.

@SGMilne dunno if you can help here?

Should have Cammy Bell and Niall Keown on season long loans, and Mark Hurst shouldn't be out on loan.

@steviemay17 I see you've done that :lol: I've used the editor to sort it so could share the file if you want it?

In the Workshop under St Johnstone Loans. Just loaded a game and it's working.

nice one cheers

Just now, steviemay17 said:

nice one cheers

Forgot about Wrights PPM, but I've had players in this game with similar who've been when played as a winger as it over rules it, and forgot about Ali McCanns loan, but the major stuff is sorted :lol:

12 hours ago, ali_91 said:

Genuinely absolutely fizzing at Perth and Kinross council. Surely can’t be another council in Scotland that show such contempt for their local side? Ridiculous. Fucking Tories. 

We should chuck up a few blurry images of woman in bikinis fir good measure too!

Fucking arsehiles to a man/woman

anyone on here happen to know who does the saints stats/players/data ect for footie manager?
Yeah I stopped after FM2018. Not sure who taken over FM2019 but alot of friends saying there been a few things wrong with saints. Not got the new one myself so cannot help.
I had good access to the club and players so was able to get alot of accurate information directly from them. Hopefully new person can sort something out

Regarding the sign on the north stand, there are laws on this shite, if Saints  have broken any laws(wouldn't really surprise me) then they deserve all the shite they get, they're builders ffs, they should know better. If it's just a jobsworth c**t getting in a twist because they can see it from the new car park in the gardens, well he/she can gtf.