Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 hours ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Yeah I stopped after FM2018. Not sure who taken over FM2019 but alot of friends saying there been a few things wrong with saints. Not got the new one myself so cannot help.
I had good access to the club and players so was able to get alot of accurate information directly from them. Hopefully new person can sort something out

How did you go about getting wages and that? 

Something that's always held me back thinking about applying for it tbh, and the fact I'd change everyone's attributes after a loss.

Something that's always held me back thinking about applying for it tbh, and the fact I'd change everyone's attributes after a loss.
Never felt comfortable asking that information but taken calculated guess going on financial figures released In the yearly accounts and doing some simple sums based on playing squad management etc

4 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:
6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Never felt comfortable asking that information but taken calculated guess going on financial figures released In the yearly accounts and doing some simple sums based on playing squad management etc

Fair dues, at least it's not some exact science :lol: I get the feeling there isnt researcher this year, as a lot of mistakes are quite obvious (sorry if the researcher is on here).

You've got the loan deals of Hurst, Bell, Keown and McCann being wrong. Calum Hendry is listed as joining on an undisclosed fee from Brechin for some reason, and you've then got the positional issues like Foster not being able to play left back at all, Shaughnessy preferring to be the right sided CB/Kerr left sided, Wotherspoon being natural in the centre, Liam Craig not being able to play a holding role. 

Just ones I've noticed so far, but youd like to think a fan would notice them, and while attributes can be argued regardless, the hard facts should be accurate.

3 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Disappointed to hear that. I taken quite a pride in my research when I done it for 5 years. Was a mess when I taken it over but felt I got it to a good level of accuracy. Easier when you had players telling you their strongest attributes height weight etc.

I doubt we'll ever get stuff like as accurate again, tbh, as theres unlikely to be anyone who gets as close to the players. 

I'm fairly sure we've been left to the devices of the overall researcher, who probably doesn't have the time to double check things for us.

I nominate @Widge as the next researcher.

Sounds like it's come a long way since the days of Saints having Tommy Lovenkrands and Tommy Løvenkrands in the squad. 

Far too complicated for me now as someone who grew up with the mid-nineties versions.

Imagine @RandomGuy. would be astounded by the simplicity of just picking a team, whether you wanted to play 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 and signing some players. 

It's not too time consuming. About 15 to 20 hours a year

Yeah, but those 15-20 hours are concentrated into quite a short period of time if I remember correctly. I recall being deprived of a significant portion of my childhood summers. But maybe the process has changed since those FM 07/08/09 days.

Tbf I wouldn’t be against doing it at some point, but they mist have someone doing it right now anyway. I’m assuming the game hasn’t changed that much in 3/4 years.

Anyway, I think the game against Livingston is going to be a belter. I mean between them, the two teams have scored 4 goals in the last 8 games. What’s not to like about those odds!

Hi folks, I’ll link the talk Livi podcast below, can get it on iTunes and by searching TalkLivi on Spotify. 

Cant remember the exact time but roughly around 45 minutes in we speak to St Johnstone fan Ross Gardiner and we give our thoughts on the game. 

The pod also has an interview with Lee Miller if anyone is interested in that. 

Hope you don’t mind me posting it in here, just thought it may interest some of you. 

Let me know what you think, cheers. 

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/talk-livi/id1454431947?mt=2

The era of the Hurst brothers is over. 

A real Alan Partridge gif moment in reality. Sinclair will just take a seat on the bench against Livi and seems Clark will be available thereafter.