Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

On Joe. Do you think Tommy still harbours hope he will stay given how he’s still playing every game? If he was leaving I’d have thought Gordon/Keown would have been given a run out. And on Watt, is that now a given he’s off? If so, anyone any ideas where?

7 minutes ago, The Woolshed said:

On Joe. Do you think Tommy still harbours hope he will stay given how he’s still playing every game? If he was leaving I’d have thought Gordon/Keown would have been given a run out. And on Watt, is that now a given he’s off? If so, anyone any ideas where?

First point, seems like a decent guess, as you say theres no reason why he'd be playing him if he had signed elsewhere. 

Not sure about the Watt one though, he was injured on Wednesday by most accounts and that's the only reason he missed out.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

First point, seems like a decent guess, as you say theres no reason why he'd be playing him if he had signed elsewhere. 

Not sure about the Watt one though, he was injured on Wednesday by most accounts and that's the only reason he missed out.

If what I've heard is true Joe has offers, not just Aberdeen and Saints and quite rightly, he hasn't made his mind up yet. Still don't think he'll sign on with Saints so it's not doing us any favours playing him in the  hope he might sign again.

If Shaughnessy really wanted to sign for Aberdeen, he'd have done so by now IMO. Fair enough if he wanted some time to weigh things up but it's coming up three months since they made him an offer. 

If not Aberdeen, your natural conclusion is then that he fancies a crack down south. Hopefully Saints will be the fall back option if a decent move doesn't materialise and our chances of that are improved if Aberdeen do move on. 

Dont want to ask this on WAP, as I think the MoM threads decide their POTY type awards and any thread would intrude on that, so I'll do it here.

Who would be your..

Player of the Year:

Young Player of the Year:

Goal of the Season:

I'd be fairly obvious with Kennedy, Kerr and Alston v Aberdeen, and I'd be surprised if anyone goes too far away from that, making this all slightly pointless :lol:

27 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Dont want to ask this on WAP, as I think the MoM threads decide their POTY type awards and any thread would intrude on that, so I'll do it here.

Who would be your..

Player of the Year:

Goal of the Season:

I'd be fairly obvious with Kennedy, Kerr and Alston v Aberdeen, and I'd be surprised if anyone goes too far away from that, making this all slightly pointless :lol:

Aye, probably about right. Drey Wright would've ran away with it and by some distance if he hadn't been injured imo.

Who would be your..
Player of the Year:
Goal of the Season:

I might even have Kerr for both player and young player.

It goes to show how good he was that Wright is even being talked about as player of the year given he’s not played for almost 6 months now! He’s an outstanding player and you only hope his injuries can be overcome again, cause if he stays injury free and comes back just as good. He’ll be going on to much bigger things than us that’s for sure. His work rate is outstanding and if he can add some goals to his game, he’d be brilliant.

Wonder what the team will look like next season. Wright, MOH and Kennedy all the stick in the team.

Not unconvinced theyre not all better on the wing.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Wonder what the team will look like next season. Wright, MOH and Kennedy all the stick in the team.
Not unconvinced theyre not all better on the wing.

Play O’Halloran on the right since he doesn’t have the intelligence to play on the opposite side. Kennedy in behind and then Wright on the left.

I’d say it’s too attacking, but with Wright’s defensive work rate you’d probably be alright. That’s what we’ve been missing since his injury, we were flying when Wotherspoon was playing left with him on the right since they both gave defensive cover to their fullbacks. Ever since then, Tanser and Foster have both dropped off form, since they’re being exposed more and more.

Just now, Widge said:

Play O’Halloran on the right since he doesn’t have the intelligence to play on the opposite side. Kennedy in behind and then Wright on the left.

I’d say it’s too attacking, but with Wright’s defensive work rate you’d probably be alright. That’s what we’ve been missing since his injury, we were flying when Wotherspoon was playing left with him on the right since they both gave defensive cover to their fullbacks. Ever since then, Tanser and Foster have both dropped off form, since they’re being exposed more and more.

Has Wright played on the left for us? I honestly cant remember but feel like he has, cant remember how it went though.

4 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

TW is quoted as wanting Mikey through the middle, so Wright can play right, Kennedy can play anywhere tbh 

I'd hoped he didn't mean that about O'Halloran, tbh.

1 hour ago, ali_91 said:

What this has shown is how few good goals we’ve scored this year. Only other one that could have a shout is Kennedy away at Forfar. Slim pickings. But yeah, clearly Alston.

Kerr is obviously YPOTY, don’t think any Saints fan would say differently.

POTY is a bit harder, honourable mentions to Clark and Wright but it’s between Kerr and Kennedy, with Kennedy just pipping it for me. Absolute baller. 

Yep, too easy sadly. Kennedy, Kerr, Alston. Maybe Tanser at Dens but accidental goals probably don't count.

The club have withdrawn the contract offer fo Joe Shaughnessy. We’ve made numerous offers but it sounds like Joe and his representatives have been stringing us along, similar to how they’ve treated Aberdeen. The door isn’t completely closed but any further talks will have to be initiated by Joe and his representatives. The club are already looking for his replacement by the sounds of things. 

Disappointing stuff. He’s done really well out of saints so he could’ve given us the courtesy of at least telling us himself. 

Edited by Kyle

2 minutes ago, Kyle said:

The club have withdrawn the contract offer fo Joe Shaughnessy. We’ve made numerous offers but it sounds like Joe and his representatives have been stringing us along, similar to how they’ve treated Aberdeen. The door isn’t completely closed but any further talks will have to be initiated by Joe and his representatives. The club are already looking for his replacement by the sounds of things. 

Disappointing stuff. He’s done really well out of saints so he could’ve given us the courtesy of at least telling us himself. 

There has been rumours(cough) for weeks. We have things in hand seemingly.

3 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Another player fucking Tommy Wright about. It's hard to be pressed to have a grievance with Tommy Wright if you're at St J fan, but this seems to happen on the regular.

Just now, ali_91 said:

Ludo coming on a Saints thread with some ‘not at all trolling,’ negative analysis about Tayside’s premier side. quelle surprise. 

7 games, 7 defeats. Get down. 

I post on P&B because it's a multi-club forum and I am interested in Scottish football outwith just my own club and like to get other fans' perspectives on things. Therefore, shut the f**k up. I don't do trolling.