Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

7 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

Just a shout-out for David Robertson. He may be a rapist (allegedly), but he was always a really funny guy with great banter (allegedly). That's the most important thing.

I sat with him and Dougie Imrie in the main stand at Dens a few years back while we pumped their Morten team on the pitch. Robertson was laughing and joking away with us whilst Imrie was a seething mess.

Just a shout-out for David Robertson. He may be a rapist (allegedly), but he was always a really funny guy with great banter (allegedly). That's the most important thing.

I'm quite happy to finally understand why Lomas and Robertson got on so well. So many mysterious line ups now explained.

Good player for Saints although his standard has dropped the last 12 months. Maybe needs a fresh challenge, could suit both parties.

Think we'd struggle to replace him with similar quality tbh.

Just now, nelsjfc said:

Think we'd struggle to replace him with similar quality tbh.

Maybe but its not ideal when a player is needing a change, stuck in a lull etc. No doubting he's a good player at this level I just think we could do with freshening things up a bit. 

That doesn't mean Scobbie. Oh God please not Scobbie.

I reckon we could be coming to the end of St Johnstone's golden era. If these players do leave - will Steve Brown allow Tommy Wright to recruit replacements or will he be as tightfisted as ever?

When Geoff was in charge you got the feeling that his greed was just the sign of a good businessman looking for value for money, with Steve I get the impression that he just doesn't like parting with cash.

I reckon we could be coming to the end of St Johnstone's golden era. If these players do leave - will Steve Brown allow Tommy Wright to recruit replacements or will he be as tightfisted as ever?

When Geoff was in charge you got the feeling that his greed was just the sign of a good businessman looking for value for money, with Steve I get the impression that he just doesn't like parting with cash.

Ironic a Dundee fan talking about another teams money management.

Ironic a Dundee fan talking about another teams money management.

There's nothing ironic about it at all tbh. Dundee's past financial issues has nothing to do with a fan of said club that had zero involvement talking about 'financial management' as you put it.

40 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

:lol:

Trying awfully hard there.

Wishful thinking on your part, we always take a long time to negotiate new deals with players. Steve also increased the budget this year in both the first team and the youth team...

Signing a player like Ricky foster up so quickly is a clear indication that saints will be losing a few players with nobody coming in, given he can "play" in so many different positions.

Probably more the fact he's been one of our best performers this season, tbh.

Would Foster have been the first one you would have signed up if given the choice? Doubt it.

No of course he wouldn't, but at the same time he may have been the easiest to deal with. Just because he's signed up again first doesn't mean he was the one we started negotiations with first.