Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

15 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

IMG_1206.jpg

I’m a better fan than any of you.

Please post that in the banter page on facebook. Would love to see the ensuing meltdown.

Goalkeepers

1. Zander Clark (27) -2020

12. Elliot Parish (29) - 2021

45. Ross Sinclair (18) - 2021

Defenders

19. Richard Foster (33) - 2020

2. Wallace Duffy (20) -2021

6. Steven Anderson (33) - 2020 

23. Liam Gordon (23) - 2021

15. Jason Kerr (22) - 2022

3. Scott Tanser (24) - 2021

Midfielders

7. Drey Wright (24) - 2020

10. David Wotherspoon (29) - 2021

8. Murray Davidson (31) - 2020 + 1

28. Ross Callachan (25) - 2020

26. Liam Craig (32) - 2020

20. Kyle McClean (20) - 2020

18. Ali McCann (19) - 2020  

33. Matty Kennedy (24) - 2020

11. Danny Swanson (32) - 2020

Forwards

16. David McMillan (30) - 2020

9. Chris Kane (24) - 2020

17. Michael O'Halloran (28) - 2021

22. Callum Hendry (21) - 2020 

Leaving the club

Joe Shaughnessy

Brian Easton (Hamilton Accies)

Aaron Comrie (Dunfermline)

Blair Alston (Hamilton Accies)

Tony Watt (CSKA Sofia)

Players In

Elliot Parish (Dundee)

Wallace Duffy (Celtic) 

Nothing new - just updated squad numbers.

Do we have the worst professional club website in the UK?

image.thumb.png.b35118bcc18ce1ab77c50a906e2a56b3.png

Any other website with any news that I've used has these as clickable links. They're not. Its not a huge thing but it just seems a bit... shit. 

image.thumb.png.2f0242e6caa7e6b1d911a91de73fcf1b.png

This is the entire "tickets" section. Again I'm sure it works fine, but it looks like a skeleton website that's just not ready to go live. 

image.png.7029051e698c6fef91bf01f74b8b7527.png

Small things, but looks tacky and unfinished. 

The website is actually pretty good when you're on your mobile, the desktop version is very dated, and clunky to use, though.

Not sure if that's down to the software they use or what, but I've just worked under the assumption they were given choices, and choose the option that was best, but cheapest, on mobiles as that's likely where the majority of clicks come from.

1 minute ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

That’s hearts, hibs and Motherwell all strengthened heavily so far, all the teams that finished around us. We’ve signed a reserve goalie and a youth right back! Grim 

I'd hold off on believing theyll all be much stronger this year. Hearts signings, for instance, are a winger who's barely played for two seasons and a striker who didn't score last season.

Hibs have signed a bunch of lower league English players, who have a habit of struggling, and Motherwell could go either way, but its worth remembering where they were before Turnbull/Hastie started firing them to victories. 

By the sounds of things our focus is entirely on new contracts for those going out of contract, and a striker. I'm happier with that than us signing half a squad.

I'd hold off on believing theyll all be much stronger this year. Hearts signings, for instance, are a winger who's barely played for two seasons and a striker who didn't score last season.
Hibs have signed a bunch of lower league English players, who have a habit of struggling, and Motherwell could go either way, but its worth remembering where they were before Turnbull/Hastie started firing them to victories. 
By the sounds of things our focus is entirely on new contracts for those going out of contract, and a striker. I'm happier with that than us signing half a squad.

Motherwell will be spewing not getting the £ 3 million for Turnbull, they were probably going to use some of that money to bankroll there new signings.
Looks like he could be out for a while.

27 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

What is it with a fair percentage of Saints fans?  Always glass half fucking empty, bunch of fuckwits.

Explain how signing a guy who was behind jack Hamilton in the pecking order and a youth player who has never played a senior game can be seen as glass half full? 

15 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Explain how signing a guy who was behind jack Hamilton in the pecking order and a youth player who has never played a senior game can be seen as glass half full? 

They're replacing Bell and Comrie in the squad

35 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

We have a decent squad already, we are freshening things up by replacing fringe players and promoting youth, that could work either way, you don't know which way. We are waiting for a quality player to come in, possibly 2. Stop knickerwetting about what other sides may or may not be doing compared to Saints, it all means f**k all at this stage of the season. 

22 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Duffy could be worse than comrie. 

Comrie played a grand total of 90 minutes last season, I doubt itll matter.

12 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

We have a decent squad already, we are freshening things up by replacing fringe players and promoting youth, that could work either way, you don't know which way. We are waiting for a quality player to come in, possibly 2. Stop knickerwetting about what other sides may or may not be doing compared to Saints, it all means f**k all at this stage of the season. 

If TW hadn’t had a hard on for Chris Kane and I had faith in him to find a decent striker I wouldn’t be knickerwetting.

Also bear in mind that we were tearing the Scottish Premiership a new arsehole until Drey Wright got injured. The main man will be back in action soon. With a quality striker in addition to that, we’ll be laughing all the way to the title.

Bingo. I’d argue he’s our best player, or at least out most influential player at the very least. Kerr may be superb, but Wright was almost on for our player of the season having only player 4 months. That tells you how unbelievably good he was and hopefully still is.

If he comes back and is the same player, slap a 3 year deal in front of him!