Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

17 people browsing this thread at the moment. Iconic.*

*There aren't 17 people browsing anymore. I was just about to post that before P&B went down. This is a box-office evening in Scottish football and it's no surprise that we're experiencing some technical difficulties. The internet's in meltdown.

Edited by The Real Saints

11 hours ago, Radford said:

So mentally, even if you are ahead, if you lose a goal in a game, it must be hard to recover when a large number of this squad have no memory of really doing so in Saints shirt. 

Appreciate that will bore the arse off of some/most folk but I think they are interesting/worrying trends. 

Missed this last night as it was past my bed time (2 hours ahead) @Radford thanks for that I found it interesting.

I think you are correct in what you say about the mentality of the team and the players.

Our team is lacking confidence. At times look beaten even before they go on to the park. They know they have problems trying to score and they are aware if they do not keep a clean sheet, they may not win and most likely lose, especially if they concede the first goal. 

At times, I think Tommy has to take the blame. For example; on 27 Feb 2019 against Hibs we played two up front (4:4:2), one was O'Halloran. Kane scored in the first 15 mins to go into 1v0 lead. ommy immediately  changed the team by putting O'Halloran back into midfield (4:5:1). it seemed he was trying to defend a 1v0 lead for the next 75mins. We did not hold on for the win. Hibs scored in the 65th minute Tommy left it at 4:5:1 taking the draw. They then scored in the 84th minute . Tommy brings on Hendry and goes back to 4:4:2. It ended 1v2 to Hibs. Changing the formation as quickly as he did does not install confidence it tells them the opposite.

So do we have a problem that the manager believes we struggle to win and players think if we lose the first goal and we cannot win? Why do I think this is the case; two reasons the managers and players body language and Radford's stats.

Time for the sports psychologist if we want to spend money on one. 

Edited by Templar

Missed this last night as it was past my bed time (2 hours ahead) [mention=6873]Radford[/mention] thanks for that I found it interesting.
I think you are correct in what you say about the mentality of the team and the players.
Our team is lacking confidence. At times look beaten even before they go on to the park. They know they have problems trying to score and they are aware if they do not keep a clean sheet, they may not win and most likely lose, especially if they concede the first goal. 
At times, I think Tommy has to take the blame. For example; on 27 Feb 2019 against Hibs we played two up front (4:4:2), one was O'Halloran. Kane scored in the first 15 mins to go into 1v0 lead. ommy immediately  changed the team by putting O'Halloran back into midfield (4:5:1). it seemed he was trying to defend a 1v0 lead for the next 75mins. We did not hold on for the win. Hibs scored in the 65th minute Tommy left it at 4:5:1 taking the draw. They then scored in the 84th minute . Tommy brings on Hendry and goes back to 4:4:2. It ended 1v2 to Hibs. Changing the formation as quickly as he did does not install confidence it tells them the opposite.
So do we have a problem that the manager believes we struggle to win and players think if we lose the first goal and we cannot win? Why do I think this is the case; two reasons the managers and players body language and Radford's stats.
Time for the sports physiologist if we want to spend money on one. 
Psychologist Shirley?

10 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Yeah the website said the 9th but I bought mine on the 8th and having the same issue. Apparently I 'missed the cut' to have it in the first batch.

*APPARENTLY* they were posted yesterday. The parking Permits were sent first class so I imagine the season tickets will be likewise. 

In the same position as you though, awaiting mine. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

2 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

Cove are currently better than evens, seeing as we have no reserve team will there be any first team players involved with this or mainly an U18 side?

Gordon will be according to the St Johnstone 1884 twitter page. I'm not sure if the various loanees out and about at other clubs will be eligible to play for us tonight or not though.