Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

I don't think anyone grudges him moving on to a bigger job. It's the desperate way he's going about it that's rankling a few people (and it's not sending the best message to Saints fans who might be worried about why he's so keen to move now)

It was an Aberdeen fan with an inbuilt hatred of The Rangers I was replying to. 

So what if TW says he'd move to The Rangers? I'd be more worried if he didn't. Give me an outspoken TW over Lomas, McInnes etc etc. He is a great ambassador for the club, might not agree with some of his formations but that's another matter.

He's made a mistake the way he phrased his answer, and has spent the last few days talking up how much he wants to be here. I feel sorry for him

5 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

It was an Aberdeen fan with an inbuilt hatred of The Rangers I was replying to. 

So what if TW says he'd move to The Rangers? I'd be more worried if he didn't. Give me an outspoken TW over Lomas, McInnes etc etc. He is a great ambassador for the club, might not agree with some of his formations but that's another matter.

I'm repeating myself. No-one I know would doubt he'd go to a bigger club, or would grudge him if he did. But there's no need to go on about this in interviews. It's this classless – and frankly misjudged – selling of himself that really has me worried. You could easily get the impression he's in a hurry to get out.

He's made a mistake the way he phrased his answer, and has spent the last few days talking up how much he wants to be here. I feel sorry for him

I have to agree with this, I think he realises he said the wrong things before. He loves St Johnstone, that's unquestionable. He's done fantastic things with us.

He'd be a fool to go to Rangers anyway. Nobody likes them and their future is most uncertain. He's better than them. I hope he holds out for the N.I job, which he would almost definitely get.

Just now, Mr Heliums said:

I'm repeating myself. No-one I know would doubt he'd go to a bigger club, or would grudge him if he did. But there's no need to go on about this in interviews. It's this classless – and frankly misjudged – selling of himself that really has me worried. You could easily get the impression he's in a hurry to get out.

Maybe he is. Would it really matter? The players are signed up, Callum is more than capable. Continuity is the key. TW can leave with Saints best wishes.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say win next time out against Dundee and top 6 is secure. Lose and we really need to start looking over our shoulder. Not just in terms of top 6. Might sound knee jerk but performances haven't been great (county aside) for a fair few games now.

Lose to Dundee, with Partick and Killie beating ICT and Motherwell, and we're six points off 8th. Thats our fight now.

Chaps

Looking for some info on info entry prices for the game on 11th march.

Bringing my two nephews to their first away game and notice on your site it says entry is £16 for adult and up to two under 12's (outstanding offer by the way) for the ormond.

Does this offer apply for games against Dundee as can't say have really paid much attention on other visits.

Also what would the admission be for them be if I decided to take them into away end.

Chaps

Bringing my two nephews to their first away game and notice on your site it says entry is £16 for adult and up to two under 12's (outstanding offer by the way) for the ormond.

Does this offer apply for games against Dundee as can't say have really paid much attention on other visits.

Also what would the admission be for them be if I decided to take them into away end.

Yes. You're welcome in the Ormond stand as away fans as an adult and two kids for £16. Alternatively you can go in the away end for the adult entry price (think £23?) which would include the two children.

Chaps

I think the £16 is Ormond stand only, £23 for the away end, kids are still free.

Yup, it'll be £23 for you and your two nephews in the away end. Would add that it's different if the away support is expected to need the Ormond, but I'm not sure that'll be relevant

Thanks for the information.

Thought it was that but wasn't sure if the £23 entry with two kids applied to away stand if away were allowed access to the family section.

Credit to St Johnstone that's a phenomenal offer. I know we offer decent prices for u12's on season tickets but don't think our prices for individual games or for away fans are anywhere near as good as that.

It should be enforced nationwide, IMO. A 10yo Saints fan at Ibrox on Wednesday cost £7, and we wonder why folk aren't bothering anymore.

It should be enforced nationwide, IMO. A 10yo Saints fan at Ibrox on Wednesday cost £7, and we wonder why folk aren't bothering anymore.

I agree there has to be something like this to make the prices more realistic and affordable for families. I know there is the old reducing price argument abs how it doesn't effect attendances but we need to be doing something to trying to encourage families and credit to your club for doing that.

I would be £26 for the equivalent fixture at Dens and while its reasonable it's still expensive for a lot of people when you factor in kids being kids and wanting programmes, pies, juice etc. But the site makes no mention of this being available for away fans

The arrangement changed earlier this season. The £16 offer has been available to away fans using their own end but at just one turnstile. I haven't seen away fans in the Ormond Stand for a good few months.

I did wonder that at Killie last weekend. I travelled down to meet my mate (former st holder before his kid) and his 6 year old for the young boys first ever game. With my oldest boy 17 months I'm a while off yet but when I do take them £16 is a fantastic price for 3 of us. Make me much more inclined to spend elsewhere such as the club shop, as my friend did before KO.

Decision to not sign a striker this January hits home, as Kane is ruled out for the season.

Now left with just MacLean and Cummins, one of whom can't play on plastic pitches and one who's massively out of goalscoring form.