Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Think the issue is the players only found about it when they got paid less than expected. 

As I said, they've got to learn about the big bad world out there. They'll now know that everything has a cost, even lunches, how to contact Saints wages department, all about how tax and national insurance works and about how tight our chairman is. Great learning curve for the laddies when they get punted in a years time.

9 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

As I said, they've got to learn about the big bad world out there. They'll now know that everything has a cost, even lunches, how to contact Saints wages department, all about how tax and national insurance works and about how tight our chairman is. Great learning curve for the laddies when they get punted in a years time.

This sentence made me laugh and I don't think it should've done. Very dry, Mr Treehouse.

33 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Ooft. WAP&B has actually happened.

can we bring the banter page to this too and just be all encompassing? I personally think it's a disgrace we let these guys go and would absolutely win the league with the following team...

Cuthbert

Comrie      Durnan     Gilchrist    Steeves

Caddis   Callachan

Thomson                                           Barr

Reynolds   Jackson

Nine days left but if Bullet Proof only in Tuesday Friday three days left just hope Pogba has his mobile on those days, maybe we send letters without a stamp to players we hope to sign with an unsigned cheque inside. This club has about as much future as a doggie paddler in a tsunami!

Hes good on the ball, and should help us keep possession etc. but is he any use at winning the ball back/protecting the defence?

Genuinely cant remember that side of him at all either way tbh, always assumed he was further towards the attacking end of the midfielder spectrum, but that's just my opinion based on memory.

Would accept a loan as hes available next Summer if things go well.

20 minutes ago, JockyPeebles said:

Nine days left but if Bullet Proof only in Tuesday Friday three days left just hope Pogba has his mobile on those days, maybe we send letters without a stamp to players we hope to sign with an unsigned cheque inside. This club has about as much future as a doggie paddler in a tsunami!

Might need to sign up for a WAP account if this is the quality one can expect.......

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes good on the ball, and should help us keep possession etc. but is he any use at winning the ball back/protecting the defence?

Genuinely cant remember that side of him at all either way tbh, always assumed he was further towards the attacking end of the midfielder spectrum, but that's just my opinion based on memory.

Would accept a loan as hes available next Summer if things go well.

He's tidy on the ball and will play the safe pass quite well so useful in terms of keeping possession. He really struggles to get power on passes/shots over a decent distance due to his diminutive size so raking through balls aren't part of his arsenal. He will work extremely hard for you and get around the pitch well so if you are looking for someone more defensive he can do that role better than an attacking midfield role.

EDIT: Goss and Holt played a fair bit together in the same side. Goss was a shitebag for us, don't know if that is the case for you, but that's exactly what Holt isn't.

Edited by TavTastic

3 minutes ago, TavTastic said:

He's tidy on the ball and will play the safe pass quite well so useful in terms of keeping possession. He really struggles to get power on passes/shots over a decent distance due to his diminutive size so raking through balls aren't part of his arsenal. He will work extremely hard for you and get around the pitch well so if you are looking for someone more defensive he can do that role better than an attacking midfield role.

EDIT: Goss and Holt played a fair bit together in the same side. Goss was a shitebag for us, don't know if that is the case for you, but that's exactly what Holt isn't.

Cheers. Just my opinion but we need someone to take the ball off the defenders, and try and get the ball to our wingers in the final third, as just now nobody shows for it in midfield and it just gets humped forward to nobody. Our midfield evaporates when countered on, so someone able to cover that area of the park and stop folk getting a clear run at defenders would be helpful too.

And yes, not being a fucking shitebag would help. My memory of Goss was him attempting pinged passes and over hitting them constantly, and lunging into tackles like a fanny and getting booked rather than tracking the man and trying to out muscle them.

This was the email from the chairman a couple of days ago.  Would be interested to hear by how many/ what percentage up our season ticket sales are. Any ideas @perthsaint1977 ?

If I win this then I think it's a brilliantly initiative.

The Club is delighted to announce that Season Ticket sales for the 2019/20 season have surpassed last year’s total and we’d like to thank all of our new and returning fans for their support for the season ahead.

Our new eTicketing system is now fully up and running and one of the many benefits is that it allows us to interact much better with our core Season Ticket holder database.

As a big thank you to our loyal Season Ticket holders, and to celebrate and welcome our newest ones, we will be randomly selecting a Season Ticket holder before each home match of the 2019/20 season to come along and enjoy full hospitality along with three friends at McDiarmid Park, FREE! That’s right - it’s on us!

This starts from our next home match against Kilmarnock on Saturday 31st August (kick-off 3PM). Normal sale price of full hospitality for four people is between £600 for a category C game and £890 for a category A game!

You will join us for our award-winning matchday hospitality package which includes:

A delicious four-course-meal for four people

An all inclusive drinks package

Matchday tickets with executive padded seating

A free match programme and teamsheet

Half-time tea, coffee & snacks

Visits from the players and directors for a post-match chat

A free bar after the game for one hour

We will aim to inform the winning Season Ticket holder a couple of weeks prior to the game to allow you the chance to organise your guests. The prize will only be useable for the allocated game and will not be transferrable or redeemable for cash.

We will announce our first lucky winner tomorrow. This is only available for Season Ticket holders aged 18 and over.

Good luck!
Board of Directors
St. Johnstone Football Club