Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

17 minutes ago, Kyle said:

he's doing well beside Liam Craig just now. 

This. I didn't like them together initially, and still not convinced about them in games where we'll dominate possession, but in games like tonight, they're superb. In the first half Paton seemed to be everywhere snapping into tackles, hes also willing to take bookings to stop attacks. I like the fact I barely noticed him in the second half too, he just quietly went about his business.

If you told me two seasons ago we'd be replacing Millar and Muzz with Paton and Craig, and we'd challenging for third, I'd have made a rather nasty comment.

Agreed. A couple of months ago I was dreading games where Paton and Craig started in the middle together. They were both excellent tonight and dominated the middle of the park. 

You've really got to hand it to Tommy Wright; after Saturdays nonsense, and being without Richard Foster, Steven Anderson, Murray Davidson, Danny Swanson and Chris Millar in the starting eleven, we bounce back in a massively important game through a tremendous team performance.  In a great position in fourth, and this with only two fit first team strikers for about 5 months of the season.

Thought the Saints support was good tonight. The East Stand seemed fairly full, and everyone was right behind the team. It often feels a better atmosphere for an evening match at a McD for some reason.

At this time 10 years ago We were on our way to the second semi final of the season, 2nd in the 1st division playing keep up with Gretna.

Within 10 years we've turned around so much, and proved to all we belong where we are.

I love my club.

At this time 10 years ago We were on our way to the second semi final of the season, 2nd in the 1st division playing keep up with Gretna.

Within 10 years we've turned around so much, and proved to all we belong where we are.

I love my club.

A the glory days of two cup semi finals in one season....where did it all go wrong. [emoji3]

TW saying, quite clearly, he still wants third place. Only six points behind, with Rangers out of form, and the knowledge that we regularly do very well after the split. Seems strange to be asking since a few months ago we looked awful, but is it actually possible?

Celtic will still be aiming for an unbeaten year, but like last year, I think we can catch them out as they wind down.

Rangers at Home, should be a winnable match if they continue having injury issues whilst Caixinha struggles to find his best squad out.

Hearts, under Cathro is a peace of piss.

My main worries after the split, come in both Aberdeen and Partick Thistle tbh.

I think Radford maybe made reference to the way previous matches in Inverness seem to go after their late winner earlier in the season. Either way, we were great last night and while it would be harsh on someone I'd still like to see Muzz back, if he's fit? Not sure where he was last night so apologies if I've missed something. We will need to have much more possession than we usually allow in Inverness IMO. I thought Smith was very competent last night and would be happy to give him a run until he makes he loses it on merit. First time in a while I'll not have make it through as well.

Paton has managed to turn it round. I didn't like him at all on early evidence and even up to the winter break, he frustrated the hell out of me when he played. He's settled into the role though and is undoubtedly more mobile and agile than he was back in July and August. I don't think the deal is done yet in regards to him but it's no longer the end of the world if he's on the teamsheet.

Scobbie must be giving Wright a headache as well. A few weeks ago, you could count his league starts this season on one hand but he's really pushing his case for a new deal now and he was very good last night. The problem though is what you do with Gordon, Gilchrist and Kerr next season. Likewise, the manager has been honest to Mannus after letting Clark keep the shirt earlier in the season. Money will need to be thrashed out but it would be a huge boost going into next season knowing we were really well covered in goal.

Unofficial Twitter saying there should be a statement today about Foster and Swanson.

Punt both and give the money to Mannus and Scobbie. TW will spawn a right back from obscurity like he always does.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Unofficial Twitter saying there should be a statement today about Foster and Swanson.

Punt both and give the money to Mannus and Scobbie. TW will spawn a right back from obscurity like he always does.

Settle, that would be one hell of a way to shoot ourselves in the foot. Punish them, and move on for the final push after the split. They are arguably two of our best players that could be vital post split 

Settle, that would be one hell of a way to shoot ourselves in the foot. Punish them, and move on for the final push after the split. They are arguably two of our best players that could be vital post split 

I wasn't entirely serious.

23 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

No danger we will bin them especially when the evidence is lacking.

Why do you say evidence is lacking? Just because TV cameras didn't cover it doesn't mean it will be skirted over. Any action would depend on what words triggered the fight, what happened during it and the players' subsequent actions. We don't know what these were, but there may be little dispute about the facts. The club's response could easily be anything from a rebuke and a fine to a sacking.

Edited by Mr Heliums

Why do you say evidence is lacking? Just because TV cameras didn't cover it doesn't mean it will be skirted over. Any action would depend on what words triggered the fight, what happened during it and the players' subsequent actions. We don't know what these were, but there may be little dispute about the facts. The club's response could easily be anything from a rebuke and a fine to a sacking.

I know a bit more than you would probably imagine on the situation but I have learned my lesson from past experience and I will keep it to myself . No one is denying there was a scuffle with the players , and no one especially the club are skirting over anything , hence the investigation into it. However there is a clear lack of evidence and by all accounts was done and dusted within 5 to 7 seconds before others were there trying to stop . Totally blown out of all proportions imo.

6 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

I know a bit more than you would probably imagine on the situation but I have learned my lesson from past experience and I will keep it to myself . No one is denying there was a scuffle with the players , and no one especially the club are skirting over anything , hence the investigation into it. However there is a clear lack of evidence and by all accounts was done and dusted within 5 to 7 seconds before others were there trying to stop . Totally blown out of all proportions imo.

I think we all know this, or at least everyone that was there knows. I heard the ref blow for half time then looked at my phone, then looked up and the initial fight was over.

I think we all know this, or at least everyone that was there knows. I heard the ref blow for half time then looked at my phone, then looked up and the initial fight was over.

Exactly so seems bizarre an element of fans are crying for both being punted. If it was FCU guys involved in a ten second fight the fans would be saying how great they are and it was just youthful exuberance. They done wrong it cost us three points which would have been huge. To sack them would be crazy . Time will tell what happens