Group G

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a nice wee trip doon to Ayr tomorrow. Last time we played them was in the Scottish Cup 10 years ago and it was pishing down so I'm hoping for some sunshine this time round.

Meadowbank once lost 7-0 there so we can only hope to improve on that scoreline!

a nice wee trip doon to Ayr tomorrow. Last time we played them was in the Scottish Cup 10 years ago and it was pishing down so I'm hoping for some sunshine this time round.

Meadowbank once lost 7-0 there so we can only hope to improve on that scoreline!

That 7-0 game must have been about 20 years ago. I remember going with my dad his pal and they won £100 on the half time draw. Strange the things you remember as a wee boy haha

If we get a win tomorrow against Hamilton does that qualify us? Or is it goal difference rather than head to head? 

Nine points virtually guarantees qualification. If not as group winners then as one of the four best runners up.

Can't find if the group order is decided on GD or head to head. If it is head to head a win tomorrow will guarantee us top spot - assuming Edinburgh City don't win their last three games.

Looking at the other groups 7 or 8 points should be enough to qualify.

4 hours ago, Hursty said:

That 7-0 game must have been about 20 years ago. I remember going with my dad his pal and they won £100 on the half time draw. Strange the things you remember as a wee boy haha

Gary Agnew nutmegged Jim McQueen (?) the part time fireman who played in goals for them at the time from about 25 yards once, one of his famous left foot rocket freekicks 

Was at the Open last Saturday so didn't make the Hamilton game however looking forward to my first competitive game of the season at Somerset tomorrow. It's a game we really should be winning quite comfortably if Wednesday night is anything to go by. I'll say 3-0.

Not sure what result would suit us best in the game between Hamilton and St.Mirren but expecting a draw or St.Mirren win. 

16 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Mind this game. They had to reline    the pitch it was raining so bad. Running down to tams brig Chinese to see our score in letters on the video printer 7(seven) 

simpler times

Decent win today would put us in with a great chance of qualification at Livi on Tuesday. Fancy Moore and Thomas to start today. Going for 3-0 with Moore, Thomas and Cairney scoring.  Like to see something aliong the lines of:

Fleming

Devlin  McCracken  Meggat  Boyle

Wardrope  Docherty

Cairney                             McGuffie

Thomas  Moore

Subs: Hart, Murphy, Donald, Crawford, Gilmour, Johnston, O'Connell

Wouldn't mind seeing Andy Johnston starting in place of Cairney and having the 20s wing options from last year starting.

Matthews; Gillespie, Devlin, McGregor, McMann; MacKinnon, Donati; Longridge, Crawford, Imrie; D'Acol
Not really sure if that's how the defence will line up, but I've just had a guess. Docherty shouldn't be dropped, in my opinion, but I'm happy to see Kurapops out the team.

Archived