Group B

Boys, boys, boys.. We wanted to give Wotherspoon a run-out in Alston's position and we didn't have a decent right-back on the bench. It was the most obvious option. Barring injuries and suspensions, I'd be surprised if he plays right-back at any point during the league season.

As for today's match, we really turned on the style. But in a nonchalant and effortless manner. Good movement and fast-paced passing with everyone reading from the same hymn book. A very pleasing spectacle. To my surprise, Paton potentially looks a class act. Do other clubs' supporters say he's rubbish purely because of his reputation as a human being? In terms of the other new signings, Alston had a very good first-half and Coulson looked creative when he came on.

Brogan the Beagle looked dispirited when he came onto the pitch. Not the exciting entrance I was hoping for.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just so you know, according to Twitter, our keeper (Chris Smith) is ok and was taken to hospital as a precaution after being knocked out. Suffering from concussion but it certainly looked a bad one from where I was sitting.

Hats off to the St.Johnstone "ultras" absolutely brilliant, never stopped from the first minute. Massive credit to your club. Would love to see that at Forthbank!!

Well done to St Johnstone for winning Group B today. Disappointed in the Albion performance especially in the 1st half, just couldn't defend. We improved in the 2nd half but I suspect Saints took their foot off the pedal but still managed to score a 4th goal.

Glad to hear Chris Smith our goalie is okay, looked serious just glad he is okay. Still pleased with a couple of performances in this new format League Cup especially beating Falkirk. Still neither mind did we want to be Group Winners NAH [emoji3]

24 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Just so you know, according to Twitter, our keeper (Chris Smith) is ok and was taken to hospital as a precaution after being knocked out. Suffering from concussion but it certainly looked a bad one from where I was sitting.

Good to hear, thanks for the update.

Guest The Phoenix

Chris discharged from hospital following checks after being concussed this afternoon. 

Thanks for the concern Saintees.

8 minutes ago, The Phoenix said:

Chris discharged from hospital following checks after being concussed this afternoon. 

Thanks for the concern Saintees.

Imagine jumping in the air vertically and in mid air turning horizontal and falling straight down on your back.

At least that's what it looked like. That was a bad one, and a sore one. Very pleased he's ok.

Still stopped yous from going through, so I'm happy 8)

What a riddy.

A town the size of Stirling and the best moment the football club have had in years is finishing just below Falkirk in a preseason kickabout [emoji23]

What a riddy.

A town the size of Stirling and the best moment the football club have had in years is finishing just below Falkirk in a preseason kickabout [emoji23]

Like to point out Stirling is a CITY not a town. With regard to the "best moment the football club have had in years is finishing below Falkirk in a preseason kick about" have to disagree with you their. Best moment recently was beating Falkirk 2 Leagues above us and a full time team in the Betfred Cup at Forthbank.

Anybody at Falkirk v Brechin like to give an assessment of game?

Was at the game and have been to all four betfred games now so feel like I have had a decent look at the players and options. Agree with bairnado earlier in that gasparotto looked good again and Austin showed his potential again albeit still a bit soft and naive but sure he will be good. Maybe a season too early for him though. Good to see both notch their first Falkirk goals too. Rankin played well enough within himself and shows his experience but he kerr and taiwo are all too similar. This brings me to my main concern for the season ahead. Without vaulks and Alston we lose that goal threat and urgency to get forward. Yesterday we failed to play a quick forward pass on a number of occasions when it was on and too often resorted to crab football sideaways sideaways backwards. In our four cup games Rankin kerr sibbs craigen taiwo never scored and I don't see any of them notching more than a handful all season. What's happened to hippo being left out? I know it's a different wing but craigen has offered very little in these four games and against three teams in lower leagues. Also we don't seem to have a form striker. Mchugh was quiet yesterday and I've seen little from baird to earn a start. Austin isn't quite there yet but I'd probably go with him and Miller. I think, and I he saying it, our best chance is going to be not letting many goals in and starting the season hard to beat. We have a decent goalie good back four with Muirhead not kidd and two very experienced sitting midfielders in kerr and Rankin. It's our pedestrian attacking that's hard to watch and can we do something with our corners? Seems no plan from them abs some free kicks that could have gone into the box went backwards.

Archived