Group C - ICT, Dundee Utd, Pars, Arbroath & Cowden

8 hours ago, Marr1 said:

The Inverness game may well get moved to TV, as BT will apparently announce their sixth live match closer to the time

This is ridiculous. The game is only a couple of weeks away and it might still be moved? Mental.

Anyway, the Inverness v Arbroath game has been brought forward a day to Saturday 30th July. I think this was announced last week but worth mentioning just in case any Smokies didn't already know.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RiG said:

This is ridiculous. The game is only a couple of weeks away and it might still be moved? Mental.

Anyway, the Inverness v Arbroath game has been brought forward a day to Saturday 30th July. I think this was announced last week but worth mentioning just in case any Smokies didn't already know.

tbf the game won't be moved as the games will stay as the UEFA blackout doesn't apply

On 7/11/2016 at 09:41, GordieBoy80 said:

The Goth and Wee Jimmy's are decent enough imo.

This.  Both just 5 mins away from the ground and beside the train station.  There going to be many Caley fans down RiG?

Cheers lads.

I think there will be a reasonable number of ICT fans attending. Obviously we're unlikely to take several hundred but with it being the start of a new season, new manager, new signings and a bit more positivity about the place after Hughes more often than not talking the club down I'm hoping we'll see a couple of hundred at least. A fair few ICT fans are based in the central belt anyway so travel to Fife isn't too much of an issue even with the train strikes.

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

Did you only find out about this ?

No, but I'd completely forgotten about it. Only just saw that picture on Twitter the now. 

Why is it a farce? Do explain.

Bonus points and penalty shootouts in group stage matches just makes the whole thing feel like a game show (more so the former).

Just now, smpar said:

Bonus points and penalty shootouts in group stage matches just makes the whole thing feel like a game show (more so the former).

I still don't see how its farcical, it is tournament football and this should hopefully add some more excitement to the group stage matches. If yo take a bonus point off Caley Thistle will you still be of the same opinion?

I still don't see how its farcical, it is tournament football and this should hopefully add some more excitement to the group stage matches. If yo take a bonus point off Caley Thistle will you still be of the same opinion?

Agree tbh

A penalty shoot out and an extra point is hardly that big a deal ffs, will be different in a good way I think

It all just seems a bit Micky Mousey. The positive I can see from it is that it stops teams from just 'playing for the point.'

It all just seems a bit Micky Mousey. The positive I can see from it is that it stops teams from just 'playing for the point.'

Bagged a TV deal and money for clubs so no really bothered, seems daft cause it's new but after it's been about for a few years it'll seem OK ;)

Archived